Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

makeup question

hi guys! I’m trying to get into makeup because what I do right now I feel isn’t right. Can you guys tell me what concealer is? And the powder I see people put under their eyes? And this like lipstick looking thing they put on their cheeks? How can I find my skin tone foundation? I feel like the one I see is too light.. 

Re: makeup question

@luluum Concealer is usually a couple shades lighter than your foundation but it could also match it too depending how you like it.  You use it to cover up dark spots and blemishes or to make your undereyes appear brighter.

People use powder under their eyes to set their concealer.

The lipstick looking thing they put on their cheeks is actually cream blush.

To find your skin tone in foundation you have to determine your undertone.  Are you cool, neutral or warm.  If you go to a beauty counter they can help you with this.

The powder they apply is to keep the makeup in place and set it. This powder can be applied in sections of the face or all over the face, it all depends on your makeup goals. The lipstick they apply on the cheeks is blush. Blush helps bring more life to the face. It also comes in differnt forms like liquid,stick and powder. Hope this helps ❤❤

@luluum hi there!! Concealer can be used in different ways, the first was is to get a shade that is close to your skin tone, and use it as "concealing" blemishes, you can get shades that are lighter than your skin tone to highlight or brighten under your eyes or forehead, chin, middle of nose. The powder you are seeing that is being applied under the eye is usually setting powder, you lightly set the concealer so it doesn't crease as quickly. Hope this helps

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing