Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
Anonymous Insider

full face nudes makeup for baton twirlers

Hi, I am wondering what full face looks you have for baton twirling. It needs to be not too colorful because I wear the same makeup for all different color clothes. Nothing too extreme as I'm still very young - thanks!

Re: full face nudes makeup for baton twirlers

Aww! I'm sorry this question went unanswered -- ugh, these boards are dead sometimes.

It sounded like you wanted a full face of waterproof makeup for performances, but which was also age-appropriate.

The most important thing, in your case, is primer to begin with, and setting spray at the very end, plus a waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascara doesn't go on as smooth as the regular type, and it can flake off, but at least it won't go pouring down your face in the rain or humidity!

For foundation, Tarte makes a 12-hour liquid foundation that is somewhat heavy-feeling but looks natural and won't budge. Just make sure you match your concealer to the foundation, if you need to cover any stubborn spots that the foundation can't.

For eyes, you really just need one decent "nude" palette (one of Urban Decay's Naked palettes would work!), but... you'd really need to prime your eyelids and set it with spray if you don't want makeup getting into your eyes during a routine!

Personally, I'd go with a simple eyeliner wing for performances instead. It'll make your eyes "pop" from far away, much more effectively than "full" eye makeup will. (If you do wear eyeliner, Kat von D makes a "tattoo liner" which is a liquid liner with a felt tip. It shouldn't crawl or bleed. And it comes in brown!! But Stila's is also good. Any felt-tipped waterproof eye marker will do, though. Essence makes one for $3.)

Do your brows! You just need a regular brow pencil, the type that twists up so it never needs sharpening -- but nothing fancy. Go a shade lighter than you think you need; you want to subtly shape and "fill" your eyebrows, not darken them. It'll really make your face look "finished."

For cheek color, what about Clinique Cheek Pop?? It's super youthful, and all the colors can be either bold or subdued depending on how heavy-handed you are, so it would take you from daywear to "performance" and you could get a lot of use out of it.

For highlighter, how about Watt's Up by Benefit or one of the holographic sticks by Milk Makeup?

Above all else, you'll want a nude liquid matte "lip tar" for performances -- something that goes with everything and doesn't get your hair stuck in it when it gets windy. My favorite formulation is Black Moon Cosmetic's liquid-to-matte lip colors. Their nudes are limited, but "Dusk" would look amazing. Lime Crime's Matte Velvetines are beautiful but, in my experience, flake. Smashbox has its Always On line of matte liquid lipsticks, which are probably great, and Kat von D has "Everlasting." Some colors have more "staying power" than others, even when they're the same brand, so you might want to test one out at a local Sephora, go eat, and come back. (I like Too Faced "Melted," too, but those are messy and hard to apply -- try to find a liquid lipstick in a tube, the type that comes with a doe-foot application wand.)

Urban Outfitters makes a wonderful setting spray called "All Nighter," but to be honest, I also like the makeup sealer by Mehron. It's kind of sticky and heavy (it's literally what clowns use), but if you're gonna be jumping around twirling a baton in the rain, it would probably be okay to use just for actual performances (NOT every day!!), and it would keep your makeup from budging.

I know I'm replying to an eight-month-old question, but I hope you can find something here that still helps! Good luck!!

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing