Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

curious post

what was your very FIRST product you bought from Sephora? do you still use it? i bought the 8hr Sephora foundation i still have it after all these years (i knooow you arent supposed to use expired makeup btw) havent used it + it was my summer shade anywho.. i felt so empowered buying my own makeup a few days before my birthday i felt like a woman 🥰

Re: curious post

I think it was a gloss...but I know the first product that I got when they first started tracking everything (loves list) was Dior Diorshow Waterproof mascara.  I still use it, but I have repurchased since.  

RE: Re: curious post

i never wore waterproof mascara does it smudge? if i fall asleep in it will i have raccoon eyes?

Re: RE: Re: curious post

Usually waterproof holds up a bit better, but it can still smudge under some circumstances (oily eyelids, sweat).  Usually sleeping in your makeup is a no-no, so I wouldn't make it a habit.  I have had one or two occasions where I've slept in my makeup and I look alright, but I don't encourage it!  I make sure I have makeup wipes at all times so I don't hit the pillow with a full face.

For me, it was the urban decay primer potion wayyyy back when it was in a purple genie kind of bottle. My sister "borrowed" it from me, and I never saw it again after that.

I still buy their primer potion now, although I may switch to Too Faced Shadow Insurance next time I'm looking for an eye primer.

@elise222  I had the genie bottle too!  I didn't use it much and had it for years (can't remember where I bought it, maybe Von Maur)  I remember thinking it was a different brand and the beauty reps at Macy's heard me describe it and directed me to the proper product.

why the switch? i recently bought the UD eyeprimer. maybe my lids are too oily it creased soon as i applied it.

@mara312 oops, I totally missed your reply! I have oily eyelids as well, and usually spread it on and then "set" with an eyeshadow close to my skin colour. I was happy with the performance of it - definitely increased the longevity of my eyeshadow vs. no primer at all.

But I had a makeover in-store one day and they used the Shadow Insurance and I felt like my shadow lasted even better with that! Shadow insurance is slightly cheaper, and I preferred the packaging of it, personally.

@mara312 I have oily lids and I find the NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Originalworks wonders!

the very first product I bought was Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve Rosebud SalveI don't use the particular one I bought haha but I still use the product 

wow looks great! i think ill purchase this..winter has been rough on my fingers

@Kim888 That was my first product too! I probably have three of them right now: one at home, one at work, one that rotates in my purses. 

Oooh!  Great topic!  

I'm not entirely sure, but the one thing I do remember was buying Lancome blush in Miel Glace after it was discontinued.  The Lancome counters in the department stores were out of it, so I checked at Sephora.  The store I was in was sold out, but they called a different store who had it and put it on hold for me.  I drove over and bought the last two compacts they had. 

I've still got a bit left in the last one--and yes, it's expired, but it's a powder not used on the eyes, so I figure it's got the half life of Uranium.  🙂

does expiration really matter if it isnt by eye then?? and i just started gettin into lancome omg ive been missin out. they have sooo many products.

Some are adamant that you should never use a cosmetic or skin care item after it expires while others are more lackadaisical about it.  I do adhere to the toss mascara after 3-4 months but the rest of it I just don't worry about.  I'll use a hand cream three years after I open it as long as it doesn't smell off or look/feel weird.

55 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 8.07.32 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.50.06 AM.png
  • 19E77952-4DCC-47F8-81EE-9F99BC47935E.jpeg
  • giphy
testing