Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

curious post

what was your very FIRST product you bought from Sephora? do you still use it? i bought the 8hr Sephora foundation i still have it after all these years (i knooow you arent supposed to use expired makeup btw) havent used it + it was my summer shade anywho.. i felt so empowered buying my own makeup a few days before my birthday i felt like a woman 🥰

curious post

Urban decay primer potion and a single UD eyeshadow...I forget the name of it

Re: curious post

My first Sephora purchase was the Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I had read that Amy Lee (Evanescence) wore it, and given that I love her and she's fair-skinned like me, I just had to try it. 😛

I used it until it ran out and haven't bought it again, mostly because it isn't as long-wearing as some of the other foundations in my collection. I still think it's a great foundation and may pick it up someday in the future.

Aww memory lane!  My veeeeryy first Sephora purchases were a coral colored squeeze tube Sephora Collection lip gloss (back when the quality was absolutely TERRIBLE) and a refillable fragrance rollerball travel atomizer that I found in the sale section when it used to exist in stores. I used the gloss literally every day of my life so thus it is long gone.  However, I still have the rollerball travel atomizer amongst my collection and I still use it from time to time believe it or not.  

This makes me feel old, but my first Sephora purchases were a couple pots of Lorac eyeshadow and a Bourjouis lip gloss that I got after a makeover. Around that time, I also bought a lot of those bath oils in fun shapes. I don't use those specific products anymore, but I still recreate that makeover look with Viseart and Pat McGrath products!

curious post

@mara312 first purchase I made through Sephora was Dior Show Mascara in August of 2016😊 haven't used it since then haha. but I always am experimenting with mascaras

curious post

I'm another Canadian who had to journey to the USA for my first Sephora experience, long before they opened here. I went straight to the Urban Decay section, and took home a Heavy Metal Glitter Liner and an eyeshadow single in the classic shade Half-Baked. Palettes weren't a thing yet, so I smeared that all over my lids for months!

curious post

Mine was a Brush Set haha. I believe I only have one left (lost the rest) Back in 2011

I had to jog the memory for this one. I don't remember the year however Sephora most definitely was years away from being in Canada yet and I was on a trip with my parents in the States. I honestly don't remember the brand, I wanna say Tarte or Too Faced but there was these solid Cheek gels that came in what looked like a little circular deodorant applicator. I bought them in every colour. 

@GG84  Tarte cheek stains?19E77952-4DCC-47F8-81EE-9F99BC47935E.jpeg

@suzyo  OMG yes!!! I was obsessed!! 

@GG84  Flush was the 1st blush I owned, then I bought a vault of all the colors. I still have unopened backups 😁

@suzyo  I distinctly remember Exposed being my favorite! Lucky you! I havent thought about these in soo long.

I was thinking about this recently and I'm pretty sure it was the Ojon pre-shampoo hair treatment. My purchase history doesn't go that far back, we're talking more than 10 years ago.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 8.07.32 PM.png

I remember that too @suzyo !!! What happened to that?!

@sephoraaddict918 The owner sold to Estee Lauder for an undisclosed amount and Estee ceased selling it once acquired. The former owner later created another line called Taya. 

@GG84 Catch and kill? Did it compete with one of their other product lines?

@fieldsofclover They own a bunch, Bumble and Bumble was gaining ground then. 

@sephoraaddict918  you can still get it on Amazon or Ebay, for about $200-$500 lol

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.50.06 AM.png

OMG!!! giphy

I liked it @suzyo , but definitely not that much. LOL 

😮😮😮

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 8.07.32 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.50.06 AM.png
  • 19E77952-4DCC-47F8-81EE-9F99BC47935E.jpeg
  • giphy