Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

curious post

what was your very FIRST product you bought from Sephora? do you still use it? i bought the 8hr Sephora foundation i still have it after all these years (i knooow you arent supposed to use expired makeup btw) havent used it + it was my summer shade anywho.. i felt so empowered buying my own makeup a few days before my birthday i felt like a woman 🥰

RE: Re: curious post

wow that looks amazin!

Re: curious post

My first Sephora purchase was a haul containing:

Naked 2 - don’t ever use it but I was talked into buying it cause it was the newest best thing at the time

Too Faced BB cream in vanilla- long gone

Nars barabella - still love it

ysl touché éclat highlighter pen- i’ve Gone through a few of these

Too FacedCandlelight Glow- I forgot I owned this 

Too Faced chocolate soliel bronzer -it was too dark and there was no milk chocolate version yet 

Buxom mascara - I don’t even remember how it performed 

Nars Orgasm- yeah, how many of these have I received in gwp and given away since?  Hahaha!  It’s still pretty. 

@mara312, cool topic!  A Juice Beauty travel kit with apple pectin, best I can recall.

So long ago, before beauty insider cards, rewards points & birthday gifts.

Haha, yeah but the gwp were waaaaaay better back then!  @byme4u 

RE: curious post

September of 2015 was my time ever making a purchase at Sephora. I repurchased the Benefit mascara several times since, and the lash comb I love and still have. Wasn’t a fan of the benefit pore proof kit, didn’t like anything in it. And the sample I got of the ABH brow powder made me buy the full size that I absolutely love as well!

@mara312  I didn’t shop Sephora until a few years ago. I believe my first purchase was the Urban Decay Electric Palette. I actually didn’t like it at first but once I played with it I loved it. I still use it to add a pop of color. 

Aw man, I remember that came out around the same time the too faced chocolat bar was released and creating looks using the combo.  @Indy701 

@heartsmyface Oh I bet those were pretty.   I combine it with UD Smokey a lot which I guess is good since they are both discontinued although I saw Smokey in UD’s sale section yesterday. I have a long layover in Denver so I will check their airport store to see what they may have. The only place I’ve seen a UD store btw. 

My first product was the sephora concealer as well as the Buxum mascara. I still use the mascara to this day!! I have such fond memories of first getting into makeup. It is so much fun!! Even if your not that good at it, it is still a good way to feel confident and and have some creativity in your life.

@mara312 wrote:
what was your very FIRST product you bought from Sephora? do you still use it? i bought the 8hr Sephora foundation i still have it after all these years (i knooow you arent supposed to use expired makeup btw) havent used it + it was my summer shade anywho.. i felt so empowered buying my own makeup a few days before my birthday i felt like a woman 🥰

@mara312 

My first product (if my memory serves me right) from Sephora was Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

This was right after high school I believe and I was very into sweet, warm fragrances. The first beauty products I purchased were the BECCA - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector and a Benefit CC Cream that turned out to be horrible on my skin but was recommended by an associate there (lesson learned) for my oily skin. I still use the Becca primer today but have migrated over to Team Full Coverage in terms of foundation now 😉

My first purchase when Sephora started tracking them was the Rosebud salve, but I now remember my real first purchase: Cargo liquid foundation and a large paddle-shaped foundation brush. I haven’t seen Cargo sold in any store in years! I was at the age when I thought sales reps were all-knowing experts and I felt uncomfortable saying no to them, so I bought the products knowing they weren’t quite right for me. Needless to say, they sat unused in a drawer for a good 2-3 years! Thankfully I’ve since grown a backbone 🙂

I saw Cargo last at London Drugs.  I remember when it was at Sephora though!  @tastelikewater 

Oh man this brought back quite the memory!! In highschool when I was maybe 16 or 17, I kept dreaming of Nars turkish delight gloss and orgasm blush. Im not even joking that I had actual dreams that I got them, but then woke up and remembered I couldnt afford them. I ended up buying both soon after, I was maybe 17 or 18?? Well I wasn’t as happy as I expected since turkish delight settled into my liplines and I actually got super orgasm which was a sparkly mess! So yeah I dont have these anymore, thankfully too since Im 29 now lol! 

@mara312 I think the first purchase I ever made from Sephora was either a Buxom full-on lipstick (they’ve been discontinued) or possibly a SC creme lipstain in Always Red. I’ve repurchased and finished a few of the Buxoms over the years (I actually included my last one in my 2019 pan and finished it!), but I do still have my Always Red. Not gonna lie I don’t wear it often (I have a bunch of other reds now, plus it must be 5 years old at this point), but I do like to keep it haha

@cianni  I love the full on lipstick!  I was disappointed when it was discontinued 

Mine was the Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil Taupe, because back in the day all the drugstore makeup companies decided to discontinue their auburn shades around 2001 or 2002. Sephora had just come to the US, so things worked out 😂

RE: curious post

My first Sephora purchase was Either Nars blush or Lancôme Definicils mascara. I have repurchased and still use the Nars blush, but Ive moved away from the Lancôme mascara.

I love the definicils mascara, I love, love the wand for...

I love the definicils mascara, I love, love the wand for separation of lashes!

My first purchase was a Clinique set that had foundation, powder, and lipstick. I used that brand of foundation for years, but now I use It Cosmetics.

RE: Re: curious post

clinique has soo many options. i always wanted to try IT cosmetics but this lady saidthey didnt have a match.
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 8.07.32 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.50.06 AM.png
  • 19E77952-4DCC-47F8-81EE-9F99BC47935E.jpeg
  • giphy
testing