Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makeup Is Life
Makeup Is Life
70402 Members
5355 Conversations
250+ looks
Wake up to makeup.
Start a conversation
Wake up to makeup.
join
Start a conversation
Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Makeup Is Life
Foundation
lulumoon ROOKIE I INSIDER
Thursday
Re: Foundation
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
19m ago
Reply: MAKE UP FOR EVER - Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation - Y205 - ALABASTERI know it says full coverage but it looks very nat ...read more
MAKE UP FOR EVER - Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation - Y205 - ALABASTERI know it says full coverage but it looks very natural and it stays on well throughout the day. It's also one of the few brands that makes a shade light enough for me lol
Recent Looks from this Group
New to makeup world, suggestions?!
haaaaals ROOKIE I INSIDER
Sunday
Re: New to makeup world, suggestions?!
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
22m ago
Reply: When I began filling in my eyebrows I used a powder and a brush to apply it and I still think that's the easiest way. You can buil ...read more
When I began filling in my eyebrows I used a powder and a brush to apply it and I still think that's the easiest way. You can build color gradually and it tends to look more natural. Now I often combine a powderANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Brow Powder Duowith a pencil ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Brow Wizbut I still find the pomades and the ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - DIPBROW® Gel - Chocolatemessy and difficult to work with especially for a more natural looking brow. Since it's your first time trying some of this stuff out you could try to go when the store is less busy and ask one of the makeup artists to help you find some flattering things to try. Sephora has their own line which isn't the highest quality makeup but they have TONS of variety and it's a good place to start. So is Clinique and tarte, though tarte is a bit more expensive. Have fun!
What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products
Re: What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
37m ago
Reply: Learning how to use new stuff is so much fun- I first gained some confidence to try new looks when gifted some eyeshadow palettes ...read more
Learning how to use new stuff is so much fun- I first gained some confidence to try new looks when gifted some eyeshadow palettes that came with step by step instructions. I wish more of them came that way!!! This is my daily routine. It takes no more than 10 minutes. If I have extra time/am feeling creative sometimes I change it up but it helps me to have a routine.Shower, wash face with Purpose face wash (drugstore brand recommended by my dermatologist). Apply DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum.IIt absorbs quickly and I apply MAKE UP FOR EVER - Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation - Y205 - ALABASTER,to my entire face including under my eyes and my eyelids. I apply  BENEFIT COSMETICS - Dandelion Box o’ Powder Blushto the apples of my cheeks and then fill in my eyebrows with ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Brow Powder Duosince my brows are sparse and I want them to look natural. Then i apply several coats of BOBBI BROWN - Eye Opening MascaraWhile it dries I get dressed and then apply my eyeliner, lately it has been MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - (Grape)vineto both my upper and lower lids. Sometimes I throw on a light pink shimmery eyeshadow too but not everyday. I finish with a very light dusting of BAREMINERALS - Mineral Veil Setting Powder - Mineral Veiland then spray my face with URBAN DECAY - All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting SprayThat's my daily routine but when I have time to try something out I like the Smashbox trios as well as the Huda Beauty and too faced palettes. Also it took me a while but I finally stopped being so intimidated by the people who work at Sephora and now I ask them for suggestions and help. I've ended up trying some really fun things I wouldn't have picked up myself so definitely think about going in and asking them to help you find some new things to try. Good luck!  And oops PS I like Marc Jacobs, Nars, Buxom and Make Up Forever for lip glosses.Bite beauty is great for a more pigmented heavy lipstick but I don't wear that in the summer. 
Recent images from this conversation
Best discovery of the last 6 months?
PinkEvergreen GO-GETTER I ROUGE
07-14-2018
Re: Best discovery of the last 6 months?
LHHL ROOKIE I INSIDER
an hour ago
Reply: DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum SUNDAY RILEY - Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid TreatmentMARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Finel ...read more
DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum SUNDAY RILEY - Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid TreatmentMARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - (Grape)vineBUXOM - Full-On™ Plumping Lip Polish Gloss - Dolly BOBBI BROWN - Eye Opening MascaraThe serums are making my skin look and feel smooth and my foundation goes on flawlessly. Marc Jacobs eyeliner is just the right shade to work with my brown eyes. Buxom's Dolly works for either day or night I love it but I am most amazed and thrilled by the Bobbi Brown Mascara. I would not have guessed she makes the best mascara on the market- voluminizing, intense, lengthening without clumping.  Xx.
Eyeshadow Rut
RhiRhi98 ROOKIE I VIB
3 hours ago
Re: Eyeshadow Rut
RhiRhi98 ROOKIE I VIB
2 hours ago
Reply: I feel like I’ve browsed Instagram a lot lately and not felt inspired by much. But I’m happy to give it another go!
I feel like I’ve browsed Instagram a lot lately and not felt inspired by much. But I’m happy to give it another go!
Start wearing makeup everyday
cherryblossom12 ROOKIE I INSIDER
yesterday
Re: Start wearing makeup everyday
SportyGirly125 BOSS III INSIDER
2 hours ago
Reply: @cherryblossom12 Definitely ask your parents before you start wearing makeup to build trust. ...read more
@cherryblossom12 Definitely ask your parents before you start wearing makeup to build trust.
Fenty beauty needs to launch a dewy foundation!
Lunabellamia ROOKIE I ROUGE
10-09-2017
RE: Fenty beauty needs to launch a dewy foundation!
FentyTwoSixty ROOKIE I INSIDER
yesterday
Reply: Honestly I’m pretty dry and as long as I use a super hydrating moisturizer then I can wear my Fenty. I use Philosophy purity and d ...read more
Honestly I’m pretty dry and as long as I use a super hydrating moisturizer then I can wear my Fenty. I use Philosophy purity and drunk elephant protini. If I need an extra boost I’ll mix my Fenty with another foundation.
The One Palette Challenge
KatieBT ADMIN ROUGE
04-12-2019
Re: The One Palette Challenge
Reply: TY, @KatieBT .  Me too, just wore it today and did the angeldust/purple crease look. ...read more
TY, @KatieBT .  Me too, just wore it today and did the angeldust/purple crease look.
THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION
Mochapj GO-GETTER II ROUGE
08-04-2018
RE: THE SUQQU THREAD | NEWS & DISCUSSION
Mochapj GO-GETTER II ROUGE
yesterday
Reply: Swatches of the entire AW collection
Swatches of the entire AW collection
Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!
SephoraBIC ADMIN INSIDER
05-24-2019
Re: Feedback Wanted: New Too Faced Mascara!
Indy701 GO-GETTER I INSIDER
yesterday
Reply: @Annex1   Thanks for the heads up about it not lasting long. I was planning on taking the sample on my next work trip but now I wi ...read more
@Annex1   Thanks for the heads up about it not lasting long. I was planning on taking the sample on my next work trip but now I will try it before then.  I’ll try it this weekend. Outside in 95 degree weather should be a good test. 
Empties - 2019
scott1201 GO-GETTER I ROUGE
11-28-2018
Re: Empties - 2019
lmaster BOSS III INSIDER
yesterday
Reply: @CC3616 it was pretty nice too  ...read more
@CC3616 it was pretty nice too 😉
Dewy look
Dee831 ROOKIE I VIB
yesterday
Re: Dewy look
PenelopeBT MOD INSIDER
yesterday
Reply: Hi @Dee831, For a dewy summer glow, I recommend the GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Luminous Silk Foundation. If you want to look extra de ...read more
Hi @Dee831, For a dewy summer glow, I recommend the GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Luminous Silk Foundation. If you want to look extra dewy, I recommend using a primer with a dewy finish as well. I recommend the YVES SAINT LAURENT - Touche Eclat Blur Primer.   Stay Gorgeous, Penelope
Huda Beauty Gemstone Obsessions Palette
mariesanc21 ROOKIE II ROUGE
2 weeks ago
Re: Huda Beauty Gemstone Obsessions Palette
PenelopeBT MOD INSIDER
yesterday
Reply: Wow, the whole look is stunning. Not just the sparking eyes, but the contour, the beautiful skin, glossy lips and full brows. <333 ...read more
Wow, the whole look is stunning. Not just the sparking eyes, but the contour, the beautiful skin, glossy lips and full brows. <333
New Post in Makeup Is Life
Whatever happened to the Sample Bag Promotions?
wyntergal ROOKIE I ROUGE
yesterday
Sephora: What happened to the gift w/ purchase sample bag promotions you used to have?  I have not seen one this year and it's alr ...read more
Sephora: What happened to the gift w/ purchase sample bag promotions you used to have?  I have not seen one this year and it's already July!  I am talking about the sample bags (spend $35, etc, get a choice of 3 sample bags).  These bags were a great way to try new products.  Please bring them back!  It seems like Sephora and been skimpy with promotions and samples as each year goes by. 
Makeup that works with your skincare
radleyas ROOKIE I ROUGE
Tuesday
Re: Makeup that works with your skincare
flamingolegs RISING STAR I INSIDER
yesterday
Reply: So kind of a BB cream with a double shot of moisture? That would be great.  I recently tried a lotion based foundation for the fir ...read more
So kind of a BB cream with a double shot of moisture? That would be great.  I recently tried a lotion based foundation for the first time in years, but I'm going back to powder form.    
THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
jemly ROOKIE III ROUGE
10-18-2015
Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
eshoe BOSS III INSIDER
Tuesday
Reply: Woah these are some gorgeous greens @BrennaBombshell!朗! Which one is 3rd from right on the first and third from bottom on the seco ...read more
Woah these are some gorgeous greens @BrennaBombshell!🤩! Which one is 3rd from right on the first and third from bottom on the second photo?
DOES THIS EVEN EXIST???: A VOLUMIZING/THICKENING Mascara WITHOUT a HUGE FAT WAND?!?+
Anngelique ROOKIE II INSIDER
Tuesday
Re: DOES THIS EVEN EXIST???: A VOLUMIZING/THICKENING Mascara WITHOUT a HUGE FAT WAND?!?+
sydtomato RISING STAR II INSIDER
Tuesday
Reply: Mascara wands generally mimic the type of look they are going to give. So that's why a thicker wand is going to give thicker lashe ...read more
Mascara wands generally mimic the type of look they are going to give. So that's why a thicker wand is going to give thicker lashes and smaller spikier wands are generally more lengthening. Stila and Urban Decay perversion mascara's are pretty good and I don't think the wands are excessively big like the new Too Faced Damn Girl. Maybe also the l'oreal lash paradise?
Best product for blue veins/purple spots under eyes?
AMT0309 ROOKIE I VIB
Tuesday
Re: Best product for blue veins/purple spots under eyes?
carlym99 ROOKIE II INSIDER
Tuesday
Reply: HI @AMT0309 - I highly recommend trying out the GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Master Corrector in Pink. I've been using it for years and ...read more
HI @AMT0309 - I highly recommend trying out the GIORGIO ARMANI BEAUTY - Master Corrector in Pink. I've been using it for years and it's by far my favorite color corrector. It's not too heavy and the pink tone colors works wonders to hide blue to purple under eye circles
Makeup Sponge / Beauty Blender Lifetime
Re: Makeup Sponge / Beauty Blender Lifetime
Marie2306 ROOKIE I INSIDER
Tuesday
Reply: It depends how often are you using it. But if you use it every day you should replace it in every 3-4 mounts and you should clean ...read more
It depends how often are you using it. But if you use it every day you should replace it in every 3-4 mounts and you should clean it after using it.
Sephoria 2019
Kaitlyn89 ROOKIE II ROUGE
2 weeks ago
Re: RE: Sephoria 2019
Northernrn ROOKIE I INSIDER
Monday
Reply: Not trying to be Debbie Downer or Negative Nancy, but on the FAQ section for Sephoria states that the tickets are nontransferable ...read more
Not trying to be Debbie Downer or Negative Nancy, but on the FAQ section for Sephoria states that the tickets are nontransferable and they have the right to deny admitting someone if they think those rules were broken.
New Post in Makeup Is Life
Anyone find Fenty Pro-Filter Foundation inconsistent?
LadyGoodman ROOKIE I ROUGE
Monday
Hi - when I first started using Fenty Pro'Filter Foundation I was in love, great colors, great coverage - but after purchasing a f ...read more
Hi - when I first started using Fenty Pro'Filter Foundation I was in love, great colors, great coverage - but after purchasing a few bottles I'm finding it a bit inconsistent - the texture and fluidity from one bottle to the next seems to change - one bottle is very liquid-y/borderline messy, and the next bottle will be difficult to spread because it dries so quickly. I also noticed that my most recent bottle just seems to settle into my pores, or accentuate them, making me look like I have little whiteheads all over my face. It also seems to transfer easily, even when I'm wearing primer and powder to set. Am I not using it with the right products? I've used different primers - most recently Milk Hydrogrip, but I've also used it with SPF primers and Stila 3-in-one color correcting primer. The powder I use is Stellar Translucent.
My 1st Sephora experience!
FentyG ROOKIE I INSIDER
Monday
Re: My 1st Sephora experience!
mrsmouse RISING STAR I INSIDER
Monday
Reply: Congrats on your first amazing Sephora experience @FentyG !  Fair warning, it gets addictive.  ...read more
Congrats on your first amazing Sephora experience @FentyG !  Fair warning, it gets addictive. 
How long does your morning routine take? And what are your go to products for it?
MsBunniB ROOKIE I VIB
2 weeks ago
Re: How long does your morning routine take? And what are your go to products for it?
mmmiu RISING STAR I INSIDER
Saturday
Reply: If it’s just my day to day makeup, it takes me about 20 min. My breakdown:coola sunscreen (let it absorb while I dry my hair)FAB c ...read more
If it’s just my day to day makeup, it takes me about 20 min. My breakdown:coola sunscreen (let it absorb while I dry my hair)FAB coconut smoothie primermilk makeup blur stick on t-zone only Kosas tinted face oilnars soft matte concealerhourglass powder on t-zone onlyABH brow wiz to sculpt shapeABH dip brow to fillABH brow gelsmashbox e/s primerND camel palette (2-3 colors, depends on my mood)shiseido lash curlerheroine make mascara base for the curlmilk makeup bronzer stick MJ tantastic bronzer to set bronzer stick and lightly bronze neckheroine make long & curl mascaramilk makeup blushdollywink mascara for added lengthsmashbox primer waterok...now that I typed it out, it seems excessive haha! But I swear it only takes 20 min max! If I do no makeup-makeup, I skip the e/s.i use that many mascaras because my lashes don’t stay curled and it’s kinda short. 
Makeup tips for cancer patients
amanda0000 ROOKIE II ROUGE
Saturday
Re: Makeup tips for cancer patients
Catherine421 ROOKIE I INSIDER
Saturday
Reply: Hi! You are so strong and brave for fighting against this disease. No matter what, always remember that makeup is a fun outlet for ...read more
Hi! You are so strong and brave for fighting against this disease. No matter what, always remember that makeup is a fun outlet for you to artistically express yourself. Take the ball, and run with it! However you wish to wear makeup, own it by being confident in yourself. I know you can revive the joy that makeup has brought to you in the part. Feel free to message me with any specific questions that come to your mind. I believe in you, and I truly feel that you can conquer this sickness and not let it take away the best parts of yourself. Sending positive vibes and the best of wishes! 🤗