Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Wrapped 2023: Your Beauty Year in Review

Lots of places are doing their "year in review" (usually with music, but I've seen some others too!), so I thought it would be fun if we did a BIC Beauty Wrapped ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I personally draw a lot of inspiration (and sometimes enabling) from the Community, and would love to see everyone's beauty wrapped! I've come up with a few categories, but feel free to add and skip over ones that don't apply to you!

BIC WRAPPED 2023 CATEGORIES:

• Your Top 3 Brands This Year (this can be divided into categories, like skincare, makeup, haircare and fragrance, or you can do an overall ranking!)
  • Top 3 Most Used Product Types (mascara, fragrance, liquid blush, hair masks, etc)
  • Top 3 Most Used Products
  • Top 3 Most Repurchased Items
  • Top "BIC Made Me Do It" Product
  • Number of Empties (if you track that sort of thing!)
  • Top New Product of 2023
  • Top 3 Beauty Trends You Participated In
  • Top Re-Entry Product (something you maybe haven't used in a while, but has been rediscovered and re-added to your rotation!)

spotify-2023-wrapped-featured.jpg

โ€ƒ

Re: Wrapped 2023: Your Beauty Year in Review

Yeah @CorgiMommy, over the past couple of years Iโ€™ve changed my approach to picking up samples and have found it works out well for me both in terms of getting better use out of them and having a much more manageable stash. Iโ€™m going to make a couple more adjustments this year and will see how that works out.  ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

@CorgiMommy, it was a bunch of foils and half used deluxe samples that had piled up. Every year I aim for less empties, which is probably not the norm, but as I see it for my stash, the lower the number, the more likely the vast majority of my empties are full size products. I'd be happy with that.

@itsfi  Wow look at this list!! Impressive!! How did you narrow it down??? Iโ€™m glad you still love the SF sunscreen! Still a fav of mine especially because it doesnโ€™t run into my eyes! 

@ather, I was in jury duty for a week, with no laptop, phone, book allowed so when there were breaks, I would check my work emails and think about how fill these categories. Hahaha! I looked though my photos for hauls, empties, foils and favorites as well, as a way to quickly look back at the year. 

@itsfi  Thatโ€™s such a great idea! I might do that when I am stuck in an airport or plane all day tomorrow!!! 

Yes @ather! Itโ€™ll be a looooong flight for you. Do you have long layovers? Since Iโ€™ve been traveling more, Iโ€™ve tried to find different ways to fill the time - sometimes itโ€™s leisure stuff like reading a book; other times, itโ€™s work. Other times, Iโ€™ll get in a little BIC or there are times when Iโ€™ll journal, or when I just donโ€™t do anything at all. 

Hope you have had a fabulous trip! Sending you well wishes for a good, smooth & safe flight, โœˆ๏ธ 

@itsfi  the flight is about 5 hours long and we have to be there 3 hours before so itโ€™s a long day especially with a kid! The flight there I downloaded a bunch of movies and watched them but thereโ€™s only so many movies to watch! Iโ€™ll try and read a bit and entertain Felix! The way there we didnโ€™t all sit together but on the way back we are all in a row! So I will have lots of help! I also need to remember to pack my jet leg mask to apply in flight! 

Glad you will all be able to sit together @ather! Ooh, masking on a plane - yes!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ Your skin will love you for it! Are you ready to be home? Or would a few more days there be okay with you?

@itsfi  Iโ€™m so ready to go home! I thought I would prefer to stay 10 days but I think 7 is perfect! 

@itsfi I'm going to have to look that Summer Friday's up. I've been thinking and looking at my skin lately. Foundations and I don't get along and yet my skin is showing pretty bad sun damage so I need to start looking into a tinted sunscreen.

@Samtian, the Tower 28 is a tinted sunscreen; or is marketed as such - I feel like it gives me more coverage than a traditional tinted moisturizer. The Summer Fridays is a great sunscreen, not tinted though. 

What are the major issues you are finding with you and foundations not getting along? Do you think using a SPF and concealer would give you the coverage and sun protection you need?

@itsfi Foundation looks so weird. Most of the time cakey, or gets oily fast.  That sounds like too much work for my laziness lol. After I commented earlier I pulled them both up and ended up adding a bunch of things to my wishlist to try to remember lol.

@cianni Thanks for this post

@CorgiMommy I love Tatcha and Biossance as well. The Biossance moisturizer is one of my faves.

@makeitup305 it is my new favorite body lotion

@CorgiMommy Nothing like seeing those perfume samples go down!

@Samtian thanks, they seem to multiply 

@CorgiMommyworking through fragrance samples is huge! Lots of great faves here - I recently picked up the #Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL for myself, have you tried that product? 

@cianni thanks, I haven't purchased a fragrance all year as I have a huge bag of samples to use up (there are many duplicates)

No I haven't tried that product.  Let me know what you think of it.  

• Your Top 3 Brands This Year (this can be divided into categories, like skincare, makeup, haircare and fragrance, or you can do an overall ranking!)  Dior, Sephora, Gucci
  • Top 3 Most Used Product Types (mascara, fragrance, liquid blush, hair masks, etc)  Cleanser, moisturizer, shampoo/conditioner
  • Top 3 Most Used Products.

- Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 2.5 / 75 

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g 

- Verb Ghost Oil, Shampoo and Conditioner Hair Set 

• Top 3 Most Repurchased Items

Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 2.5 / 75 

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Refillable Exfoliator 2.6 oz/ 74g 

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL 

@Titian06 ๐Ÿคฃ I just caught this! Lol lol I think you influenced me getting the Dermalogica Exfoliator! Love it so much too! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜ Iโ€™m working on my list! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 90 replies
  • 389 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos3
  • spotify-2023-wrapped-featured.jpg
  • Caboodles 1.jpg
  • Caboodles 2.jpg
testing