Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Work Beat

What is your go to work beat? Some beauties are able to do a full vibrant face while others have employers with more rules/policies in place for what is and is not acceptable to the place of employment. I'd love to see pictures of different looks people wear for work. What products do you have that last? How do you keep it in place all day? I'll share my go to work face below.

Re: Work Beat

On the days I do go into the office (I work from home a lot), I hardly wear any makeup because it means I gotta be up early with my hour commute. I will almost always do basics though; Sephora gel concealer for my redness and acne, a little ABH brow powder, and a lip product of some sort. Could be a tinted balm, lipstick, or lip gloss. Typically in a pink nude, though sometimes red or berry. Occasionally I will add some highlighter, often the cream becca pearl highlight. No rules in the office about makeup, but it's definitely a more conservative workplace so I wouldn't go crazy even if I had the time. I'm an engineer and I work with a lot of older ex-military men.

The whole routine takes less than 10 minutes so I can try to be up and out the door as quickly as possible. I almost never do anything with my eyes since I wear my glasses to work more often than not. Trying to do eye looks without my contacts is awful. And I tend to forget my lip products in my purse after one use at the office. So I periodically have to clean out like, 20 lipsticks from my purse haha.

I just did a video to check how fast I could do my makeup...

I just did a video to check how fast I could do my makeup without looking completely crazy. I can do it in 15 on a good day, 20 if I'm being picky, 30 if I have the time to relax. Luckily, I get a little time. It takes me far longer to do my face on non work days. Lol.

Hi @HazelEyedQueen,

I love this thread. Different work environments have different standards. I work at Sephora, so I can pretty much rock any look. I absolutely love the freedom in expressing myself in whatever makes me feel comfortable. Sometimes I love a bold red lip or a smoky eye. Most days, I go for the natural, no makeup look. That takes an absurd amount of products these days. Don't be fooled, I have at least, primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder, blush, mascara, matte lipstick and eyeliner in this photo! I just love the look of flawless skin.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

photo.jpg

I think that, today, I will go with a neutral eye and bold lip. I enjoy learning new things so the most I could do was learn comfort at work and keep a natural appearance. Sephora seems like a nice place when it comes to freedom of expression through makeup. 

@HazelEyedQueen It really is. I love that some people go full glam and some people just put on lipstick, or even just a dewy moisturizer — and all are equally supported.

Everyone has different comfort levels and life demands and I think most of us here believe that this should be a “you do you” experience that makes YOU feel good, not the rest of the world. 

❤️ 

RE: Work Beat

@HazelEyedQueen are you military? I don’t typically wear makeup to work. Every once in awhile I practice my eyeshadow but my glasses 👓 find the imperfections

Re: RE: Work Beat

I love weekends and off days so that I can wear and improve my skills with shadows. I love eyeshadows even though I can't always wear them. 

What a great idea for a thread, @HazelEyedQueen! My work is a business casual environment also and my makeup tends to be low key (I will try to get a picture tomorrow morning in daylight as I am in fluorescent office light right now and that is not great for showing off the makeup) and face/base focused. As a dry lady who likes to sleep late, I tend to enjoy cream products that I can finger paint on my face and blend easily. I am medium in summer and light medium in winter (neutral/warm). 

-For face/base, I am using a mix of Hourglass Hyaluronic Skin Tint and the Perricone foundation serum (dotted on then blended with a Beauty Blender) as a base (both have spf and are easy to blend).

-Under eye concealer is typically Nars (either radiant creamy or soft matte) set with the By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder (I try to make everything I put on my face hydrating and this powder is amazing and has lasted me for ev errrr).

-For face structure, I adore the Hourglass sheer illume trio because its sooo easy to blend and I use all three colors. I hate that they only have one color of the palette right now, but I did talk to the staff at the flagship in SoHo (during a Sephora rewards event) and I think they plan to bring out more shades...fingers crossed. -----For eyes, I typically just smear a bit of the high light shade from the Hourglass trio across my lid and into my inner corner, line my upper waterline with Pat McGrath's black eye pencil (can smudge at first, but once it dries, its there forever), and mascara with whatever I have a sample of (currently the new Hourglass and I am enjoying it).

-Brows: benefit tinted brow gel and maybe some Nars pencil I've had lying around for years if I really feel like making an effort. I have bangs and no one sees my (naturally thick) brows!

-Finally lips: I am trying to challenge myself to use a new lippe every day because this is the single makeup item I buy the most of and use the least! Today is Bite fig. Also, if I am feeling fancy, I'll highlight cupid's bow with the highlight shade from that Hourglass trio.

Sorry so long! 

RE: Re: Work Beat

Finally got it together to snap a picture before running out of my apartment this morning!

It's not too long! I love learning about other people's r...

It's not too long! I love learning about other people's routines and what works for their skin. I enjoy a good face beat that can be accomplished before work and last the entire day!

Work Beat

luckily I work as a beauty advisor and work with cosmetics. I have freedom to wear whatever looks I want. this is something I did yesterday 😊

@HazelEyedBarbie what eyeshadow is that? It’s lovely.

Oh gosh, I wish Sephora had it.. but it's from a brand called Mahya Cosmetics. They are mineral makeup and it's a Pigment. Has a brown blue DuoChrome shift to it

@HazelEyedBarbie How am I JUST realizing the similarities in our handles?! Lol. While going through the replies, I was a little confused. 

Hahaha Omg! I just noticed too. That's too funny 😂

@HazelEyedBarbie I love everything about this look. There’s a lot going on (to the trained beauty-loving eye) but it’s perfectly executed and well-balanced. Beautiful!

That is a beautiful look! It's like an understated glam....

That is a beautiful look! It's like an understated glam. Beautiful!

Your eye look is so beautiful! It really compliments your eyes!

@HazelEyedQueen I would love to wear a full face of makeup to work, but I value my sleep too much!  I just started wearing eyeshadow to work, though, and I am loving it!  I can't get too creative, but it's really making my eyes pop.  I was getting tired of just brows, liner and mascara.  I'd love to wear lipstick daily, too, but I tried it for weeks (many different ones) and my lips just got too dry.

What are you looking for in a lipstick? I've, finally, gotten my look down to 30 minutes. But I had to practice it to figure it all out.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 76 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos6
  • photo.jpg
  • D9C43B9E-AFF1-4A62-AFA9-756993B79699.gif
testing