Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Where do I Start? Makeup

So I’m finally going to get into doing my makeup but have no idea where to start. I don’t really know much about it and don’t know what products to start with. Any tips on what I should buy to begin? 

Re: Where do I Start? Makeup

What are you looking to do when you do your makeup?  Something casual everyday, or full on glam?

like others have said I do really recommend watching YouTube videos to learn techniques. Narrow it down with something  new and specific every time you want to learn(i.e. how to apply bronzer, how to use concealer, etc) 

I guess the core products you would want is a concealer(to conceal blemishes), foundation(look for one that suits your skin type and how transparent or thick you would like it), a blush or bronzer for your cheeks, and mascara. Depending on your eyebrows, maybe an eyebrow gel or pencil. Tools you would need is a foundation brush or sponge, and a blush brush. I think you can create great looks from these core products. Once you learn more you can get into eyeshadow, eyeliner, contour, etc. 

hope this helps a bit, if you need product recommendations let me Know!:)

@Mirilu @emily1407 you can start by watching YouTube tutorials on basic/simple makeup and expand on technique or whatever topic you are interested in. Nowadays you can even learn on zoom. We post masterclasses that are free on this page Virtual Masterclass Thread 

Hi @emily1407 and @Mirilu!

For me, I would say the most important step is skincare.  Using the right skincare products will help you get a great base to work on for your makeup.  Sunscreen is a must as well!

For skincare and complexion products, make sure you take into consideration your skin type.

Basic products depend on your needs but for me, that would be sunscreen, primer, foundation, eyeliner, brow products, and mascara.

You can check out the Virtual Masterclass Thread or the Eventbrite website for free virtual classes.   You can find the 1-on-1 Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow class on the thread.

If you go to HUDA's website, you can set up a 1-on-1 consultation on how to use their products and get some recommendations.

I also like to watch Sephora IGTV tutorials on Instagram.  They have great tutorials for beginners to follow.  MAC's instagram has some tutorials as well.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing