Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

When you declutter your palettes, etc. what do you do with them? Throw them away or donate?

Old makeup

RE: When you declutter your palettes, etc. what do you do with them? Throw them away or donate?

The old and gross ones: throw out. The meh, okay condition (not super old, but clearly used) I give to my mom or sister, or my friends. And the ones that I’ve barley touched I sell on Facebook marketplace. I’ve sold probably 10 so far on fb.

Re: When you declutter your palettes, etc. what do you do with them? Throw them away or donate?

When I declutter pressed powder palettes or singles (shadows, blushes, highlighters, bronzers), I sanitize them first with an alcohol spritz + tissue wipe. Then I either donate them or give them to family and friends. 

Project Beauty Share takes pressed powder palettes. Other charities or “dress for success/prom/etc.” events might also take them; check what’s local to you and see what used and new makeup items they’ll accept. 

I hate to throw away palettes because I feel like I’m senselessly adding to the trash pollution problem. I’ll even try reusing palettes as art supplies before I’ll toss ‘em in the trash. 😄 Even the palettes I hate. 

Those are all great ideas. I didn't know makeup could be...

Those are all great ideas. I didn't know makeup could be sanitized until I saw some YouTube videos on it the other day.

When you declutter your palettes, etc. what do you do with them? Throw them away or donate?

I give mine away to friends, family, people in beauty groups (on FB) in my area 🙂

I am glad you are giving them away. I feel bad about thro...

I am glad you are giving them away. I feel bad about throwing them out. I just recently found out how to sanitize palettes on You Tube the other day.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing