Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What should a girl have in her makeup bag???!

I'm 16 and pretty good at applying but now just trying to build up my collection. I would love lip, highlight, eyeliner, and eyeshadow reccomendations (for pale skin + blue eyes). THANKSxxx

Re: What should a girl have in her makeup bag???!

Just to keep things simple:

Lip: I would suggest the Bite Beauty Crayons for a lipstick that is not too think and drying, but not too shiny or sticky.

Highlight: Becca is the iconic highlighter brand and Champagne Pop is the color to go for!

Eyeliner: If you aren't sure about liquid vs pencil liner try the Tarte Dual End Liner! Great quality for both.

Eyeshadow: I think you can never go wrong with the Naked Basics palettes if you are just starting out, but the Smashbox Full Exposure (especially the travel size) is another great beginner palette.

Good Luck! 

LIPS: I personally love the Colourpop satin liquid lipsticks, even though they do transfer they are incredibly long wearing and leave my lips moisturized, same goes for the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea collection. If you're a gloss kind of girl, the Buxom lip glosses and the Bare Minerals lip creams are great over lipsticks. 

Highlight: Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop I feel could never go wrong. And I love the Anastasia Glow Kit! AMAZINGGGG.

Eyeliner: I use the Kat Von D tattoo liner and it's the only one I use now. Never fades or budges. For my waterline I use the It Cosmetics no tug eyeliner. 

Eyeshadow Palette: I would say go for something you would use a lot. I am more into neutrals than anything, my first palette was the Naked 3. However, Anastasia Modern Renaissance is great as well as the Sweet Peach palette and the Bon Bon Palette from Too Faced. They all have some neutrals and some different shades if you want a little variety. 

Thank you so much! Especially glad that you gave a water line eyeliner  recommendation - haven't been able to find a good one 🙂

RE: What should a girl have in her makeup bag???!

Hi! For eyeshadows I would recommend Huda Beauty Desert Dusk palette or Smokey or Mauve Obsessions palette! 3D highlighter palette by Huda Beauty or ABH Glow kit! Eyeliner by Kat Von D Tattoo liner. Huda Beauty new Contour and Strobe Lip set is a must have! Check my IG @Anonymous.kuruch for swatches and 1 minute videos with seatches and makeup tutorials or my YT Anna Kuruch! Do swatches at Sephora snd you will fall in love! I have blue eyes and light skin tone.

Re: RE: What should a girl have in her makeup bag???!

Thanks so much 🙂

Highlight Nars multiple in Copacabana. It’s cream to powder and easy to use and control. Eyeliner I personally like smashbox always sharp. The cap keeps it sharpened to a point at all times so no maintenance (Penny lane would be a good color for blue eyes). Naked 3 palette looks amazing on my friend who has blue eyes and cool toned pale skin, but a good neutral brown palette will make your eye color pop. If you’re warmer toned then tread the waters into coppers like the naked heat palette. For lips a nice nude (about a half shade darker than your natural lip) is a good go to. My personal favorite is Burberry Kisses in color English Rose. But lip color all comes down to your skin tone and natural lip pigment. Mascara I would definitely recommend Better than Sex. It’s a really great formula that doesn’t clump and makes eyelashes thick and long. I don’t know what your price point is but I hope my advice helps.

Omg I really want the naked heat palette! I'm just a little scared to get, because I wear a lot of pink and blue lol... Will definately have to get that mascara. Thank you soooo much 🙂

I personally really like the Too Faced Highlighters. Almost every shade looks good with any skin tone. Bite recently came out with really pretty nude lipsticks. They are a bit pricey, but you absolutely get what you pay for, worth every penny. I also like The Better Then Sex mascara from Too Faced and Kat Von D liquid eyeliner pen. It goes on smoothly and stays in place all day! It’s always my go to eyeliner. Hope this review helped!

Wow everyone is reccomending that eyeliner and mascara - guess I should get them haha. Good to know the lippies you mentioned are worth it - now I know where my money will be going haha thx xxx

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing