Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What products have you bought, but have yet to actually try?

This is a thread for us to discuss products we've bought, but haven't tried yet.  I think it's interesting that there can be a gap between the excitement of making a purchase and actually using a product.  Maybe the anticipation wore off, maybe we got distracted by something better, or maybe the product just got lost in a haul... 

And of course this doesn't have to be limited just to purchases.  Maybe we received a free sample/GWP and were super happy to get it - only to let it sit, and sit, and sit.

Types of Cosmetics.

Re: What products have you bought, but have yet to actually try?

I've yet to try the Bio Ionic 10X Pro Styling Iron 1" that I just had to have!

I have a bunch of makeup that is two-five years old I haven’t even touched! 

4B7BCD37-AEE7-49F5-BA2B-042529B91F23.jpeg

MUFE Studio Case, I think I just have too many eyeshadows and never got around to this, it’s beautiful though. 

Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Palette, I liked this much less in person and will likely give it away.

Kevyn Aucoin Contour Book, I think I bought this during the contouring craze, and, I still don’t bother to contour, ha! This is going on the giveaway pile. 
2514C55B-1A14-447F-9D83-90136677F85C.jpeg

Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Mocha, this is one of the originals before they reformulated their line. Again, too many other shadows to use. Also beautiful!

Dior Diorific in Liz - So, I think this might have been a Europe Exclusive color I had my parents get me, and then it was too special to use. More on that below. 

Chanel Revelation Creme Blush, I thought this would be a good start to get into cream blushes, but, I still don’t use cream blush. 

Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight, I’m going to try and start using this! I just end up reaching for my Cle De Peau highlighters instead every time. 
63753470-EC4B-43E9-9343-7C9CAB554649.jpeg

Laduree Rose Petal Blushes - My parents went to Paris 5 years ago and asked me if I wanted anything with price not mattering. I asked for these from Sephora Paris. Once I got them, I knew they were going to be a collectors item for me because they’re just so beautiful and still lightly scented! I don’t keep many collectors items with an NYC apartment, so I have to choose carefully and these are so gorgeous. 

I knew I had more but my mattress was blocking some of them. 

Forgottens.jpg

The Divine Oil is over 4 years old, I can't even track it in my order history. I had it just hidden away in my bathroom shelf. I honestly thought it was the Raw Sauce so I was looking up how to use that. Anyway it's time to use my stuff up and stop letting things get so old and unused. Either use or declutter. I also have the ozone primer that I used a few times and that was it. It is now being introduced into the routine. Same with the balm. 

Perfumes Forgotten.jpg

These are my body sprays and mists that were basically just decor collecting dust. I can't even guess how old the Hollister ones are. But I am using them for my Pan It challenge this year. I have even more but they'll get introduced when these get used up. 

I was looking for something else and of course I could not find what I was looking for but look at what I did find

The entire Too Faced Chocolate Vault untouchedThe entire Too Faced Chocolate Vault untouched

that's awesome 😊 I've always been wanting to try the bro...

that's awesome 😊 I've always been wanting to try the bronzers

That's quite a find, @Loretta55 , but I gotta ask:

Does it still smell like chocolate?

What were you originally looking for?

I missed your question @danielledanielle. I was looking for a limited edition of Josie Maran Argan Oil in the scent Strawberries and Whipped Cream.

I only smelled the palettes @danielledanielle. They still smell like chocolate. Around the time that I purchased the vault I had a deluxe sized Chocolate Bar palette that I used consistently. I also used the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer consistently and I thought that it would be a good idea to try some of the other items from the chocolate collection. 

@Loretta55 This is totally something I'd do!  Lovely vault!

I feel that I am in good company @greeneyedgirl107. I totally forgot about this. This is only the tip of the iceberg!

@Loretta55 Looking forward to seeing more of your posts 😛

I have many Sephora Favorites Sets going back many years that have unused products. They look like Swiss cheese @greeneyedgirl107 .

@Loretta55 LOL!  It's interesting what we reach for - and what we don't!

I am trying not to buy any sets unless I am interested in trying ALL of the items that are included @greeneyedgirl107 . It really seems to help me with reasoning.

@Loretta55 That really does make sense.  I made myself hold off on buying PLAY! by Sephora sets unless there were at least 3 products I wanted.

I also got burnt by the Play boxes @greeneyedgirl107 . There were so many repeat items that I did not want the first time. I would have liked a choice of deluxe samples that I am interested in trying. Even the Luxe box didn’t interest me. 

@Loretta55 Yes, I was disappointed by the one or two Luxe boxes I saw.  I have so many samples and minis hanging around, b/c it's so rare that I get one that I'm truly interested in trying.

Anytime Sephora wants to send me Fresh lip balms, that is an item that I am always interested in using @greeneyedgirl107.

@Loretta55 It's so beautiful!

Thank you @Samtian. When I return to work this weekend I do plan on using one of the palettes.

116 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Vanilla Bar.jpg
  • 6DAD710E-4850-4D95-A94C-5CD7DE465169.jpeg
  • 7F52CFFA-73D9-44A2-878B-28598F8E1A29.jpeg
  • FA950552-9AC2-4ADF-A0A6-3BE5FCA33E3D.jpeg
  • 38151F74-F49E-442C-A321-23823EEA502C.jpeg
  • The entire Too Faced Chocolate Vault untouched
  • Forgottens.jpg
  • Perfumes Forgotten.jpg
  • 4B7BCD37-AEE7-49F5-BA2B-042529B91F23.jpeg