Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What products have you bought, but have yet to actually try?

This is a thread for us to discuss products we've bought, but haven't tried yet.  I think it's interesting that there can be a gap between the excitement of making a purchase and actually using a product.  Maybe the anticipation wore off, maybe we got distracted by something better, or maybe the product just got lost in a haul... 

And of course this doesn't have to be limited just to purchases.  Maybe we received a free sample/GWP and were super happy to get it - only to let it sit, and sit, and sit.

Types of Cosmetics.

Re: What products have you bought, but have yet to actually try?

Forgot to mention that I opened the palettes and they still smell like chocolate. I think that I purchased either December 2016 or December 2017 . I do remember the vault was a holiday item.

The Ordinary High-Adherence Silicone Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL..I know I have it, I think I'll like it, but then I still go to other primers.

Just started using LAURA MERCIER - Candleglow Sheer Perfecting Powder after having it for nearly a year 😞

Haven't touched my mini MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL or MILK MAKEUP - Blur + Set Matte Loose Setting Powder

@danielledanielle I let my sample size of the hydro grip sit for awhile too, then gave a girlfriend a favorites set for her birthday with one in it. She told me she loved the primer and that finally got me to try mine. I switched from using the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL for years to using the hydro grip, it’s that good!

The MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mLis my absolute go to I'm on my 2nd fullsize bottle now. I hope you love it!

Surratt blushes.  I bought 2 during the sale after lusting after them for yearsssss.  But with the locksdown I have no where to go and haven't really been doing any makeup since I have been focusing on skincare.  woops.

I received a cute little sample set when I ordered the regular sized Protini from Drunk Elephant. Protini is a staple for me, but I still haven’t tried the sample  B Hydra or A-Passioni. 

Something I received a number of samples but never tried because of the name. I though it was just for your derrière. Samples sat in my stash for at least a year. I decided to try it sometime in 2018.. So happy to discover it was for everywhere 😂 38151F74-F49E-442C-A321-23823EEA502C.jpeg

I was excited to try this @eshoe. I wore it and my husband started chocking so I passed my deluxe sized sample to my coworker.

Oh I feel your pain @Loretta55. Almost every Jo Malone perfume I’ve tried/bought makes my family sneeze. 

That's funny @eshoe Glad you finally tried it!

That's funny @eshoe Glad you finally tried it!

Re: That's funny @eshoe Glad you finally tried it!

Wish I would have tried it sooner, @Luvstravel. After I fell in love with it I gave some of the small purse sizes to my sisters/mom for Christmas and they didn’t try it for months either bc of the name. Now they all love it 😊 

Hey have a few skin care items that fall into this category: 

MILK MAKEUP - Mini Watermelon Brightening Serum I don’t know why I even purchased this? I don’t have any interest in it. I’ll probably see if anyone in my family wants it. 
GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream I don’t typically like scented products but I think I felt FOMO when Sephora sent out a gratis. It’s just sitting there. 
SATURDAY SKIN - Cotton Cloud Probiotic Power Mask I can’t express how much I don’t like sheet masks, why did I buy them? 

I been wanting to try the glow recipe banana moisturizer

I been wanting to try the glow recipe banana moisturizer

@GG84 @fatimamummy, GR banana soufflé is alright. 🍌 It’s not enough for my skin in the cooler months and I need to layer other hydrating products with it even now when my skin is less dry and more dehydrated combo. It *might* be better in the warmest part of the summer for me. I’ll probably set it aside until then to see if that’s the case. 

@GG84  Banana Soufflé is such a hyped product on IG. Have you tried it at all? I’m curious to know how it is other than scent.

@fatimamummy It smells like banana pudding. I tried it and wouldn’t call it a cream. It’s more borderline gel/cream.  I think if you have dry/really dry skin and need hydration this wouldn’t be the right product unless you lather another moisturizer on top of it.  I didn’t feel like it gave me enough moisture so I added my normal cream and oil on top.

I've been wanting to try it out also. 

@SportyGirly125  I guess the hype is all how it gets on IG. I have only tried glow recipe water melon mask after caught up in hype and found it very underwhelming and didn’t feel like trying any more from the brand. I have oily skin but still I like my moisturizer to be well moisturizing.

@fatimamummy I actually really like the GR banana cream, I tend to have oily skin, so it's been perfect for me as a day cream

The GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask didn’t do anything for me, @fatimamummy. I gave it to my sister after trying to make it work for a few months. I love the soufflé because it doesn’t pill under my daytime makeup, which is a rarity (only the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL does that for me).

@fatimamummy 

I opened it to smell it and put it back in the box. It’s been sitting untouched since 🤷🏼‍♀️

Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Vanilla Bar.jpg
  • 6DAD710E-4850-4D95-A94C-5CD7DE465169.jpeg
  • 7F52CFFA-73D9-44A2-878B-28598F8E1A29.jpeg
  • FA950552-9AC2-4ADF-A0A6-3BE5FCA33E3D.jpeg
  • 38151F74-F49E-442C-A321-23823EEA502C.jpeg
  • The entire Too Faced Chocolate Vault untouched
  • Forgottens.jpg
  • Perfumes Forgotten.jpg
  • 4B7BCD37-AEE7-49F5-BA2B-042529B91F23.jpeg
  • 2514C55B-1A14-447F-9D83-90136677F85C.jpeg