Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What products have you bought, but have yet to actually try?

This is a thread for us to discuss products we've bought, but haven't tried yet.  I think it's interesting that there can be a gap between the excitement of making a purchase and actually using a product.  Maybe the anticipation wore off, maybe we got distracted by something better, or maybe the product just got lost in a haul... 

And of course this doesn't have to be limited just to purchases.  Maybe we received a free sample/GWP and were super happy to get it - only to let it sit, and sit, and sit.

Types of Cosmetics.

Re: What products have you bought, but have yet to actually try?

Thank you @WinglessOne  U fortunately the one I used for blue eye look had so much fall that blue Off was seeping in everywhere which is a shame as it is a beaut Colour and I loved the look. I think these palettes are just going to sit on my vanity looking pretty instead of getting an6 actual use.

What products have you bought, but have yet to actually try?

Thanks for tagging me @eshoe Sometimes I do forget to look through all the threads. I'm sitting at work so I looked back through my purchase history and these were all purchased, but still sitting unused ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I know I have more items at home that I'll have to post later. I have no idea why I have never gotten around using the Pat McGrath balms, I think I'll put one in my purse tomorrow to trade out for my daily use Chapstick!

@Luvstravel If you get around to the guards and lip mask I'm interested in hearing your thoughts. Both are on my wish list but the guards haven't been getting good reviews lately. 

@Samtian and @eshoe I just put on the Farsali lip mask fo...

@Samtian and @eshoe I just put on the Farsali lip mask for the 2nd night. It has a cotton candy smell to it ( that is the only plus for me ). It also has fine granules in it. It's as firm as some lip balms and doesn't glide on or melt in as good as Laneige lip mask. My lips were ok hydrated this morning, but not great. I'm with @faeriegirl and going to give a negative on this.

Re: @Samtian and @eshoe I just put on the Farsali lip mask fo...

@Luvstravel Ooh good to know, thank you!

Using lip mask tonight @Samtian

Using lip mask tonight @Samtian

I received the full sized PMG lip balm inside of the Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Balm Lip Kit @Luvstravel . This is a miss unfortunately. I feel like this balm does nothing to moisturize or sooth my lips.

Thanks for the thoughts on it @Loretta55 I'll try one out...

Thanks for the thoughts on it @Loretta55 I'll try one out and probably pass along the other two minis.

Re: Thanks for the thoughts on it @Loretta55 I'll try one out...

That is the only PMG product that left me less than satisfied @Luvstravel. Hopefully your experience will be different.

@Luvstravel  I bought that Sephora body oil as a filler item in one of my orders and have no idea where it is.

That's exactly why I purchased it also @fatimamummy Somet...

That's exactly why I purchased it also @fatimamummy Sometimes the $25 GWP just needs a little help getting to the $25 ๐Ÿ˜‰

Really curious about your thoughts on the Farsali, @Luvstravel ๐Ÿค”

Thanks @faeriegirl I finally found mine after digging in...

Thanks @faeriegirl I finally found mine after digging in my stash drawer, so will try it out tonight @eshoe

I tried the Farsali @eshoe  and I was not impressed. I tossed it after a few weeks. It didnโ€™t feel like a mask at all to me but more like a light balm. It didnโ€™t last very long on my lips.

Ah see it kind of appears that way in the jar but I was hoping for something magical @faeriegirl ๐Ÿ˜„ thank you for the input!!!

I'll try it out in the morning when I get home or tomorro...

I'll try it out in the morning when I get home or tomorrow night and will definitely give you my thoughts @eshoe

Re: I'll try it out in the morning when I get home or tomorro...

Thank you @Luvstravel๐Ÿ™‚

@greeneyedgirl107 love your idea so much. Here are some recent and not-so-recent candidates.6DAD710E-4850-4D95-A94C-5CD7DE465169.jpeg

I forgot about The INKEY List Caffeine De-puffing + Dark Circle Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL it was in a set and this was in the fridge. I use it now, itโ€™s sufficient but I wouldnโ€™t sour if I couldnโ€™t find it. The JM is cinnamon-scented and wow do I love it but it sits all through winter! Iโ€™m mixing it with some unscented Bioderm Atoderma lotion now and itโ€™s just the right all-over consistency. The BadGal belongs here because I had so many samples that I passed along for one reason or another. After trying it and continuing to try others, Iโ€™m just so impressed by everything; the wand, the consistency, the flexibility of the wand-itโ€™s pretty much everything my lashes need.

The RMS BEAUTY - Living Luminizer Glow Quad Mini in Mod is so appealing but I just cannot make it work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I havenโ€™t found a good way to work this into my  minimalist or full-face routine yet. But I love the concept๐Ÿ’•

I forgot about the Chantecaille for a couple of weeks, in part due to letting things stew in the โ˜€๏ธ 

I purchased it suspecting a highlighter in disguise; it is most definitely a blurring powder as it claims. I tried swatching @Sunnysmom but it did not show up on my skin. No matter, I purchased for the compact, I donโ€™t have much experience with the brand besides a lipstick from a few years back. @Luvstravel I think you are more familiar with them than I. Sheer seems to be the way with this brand and others of the same line, which I prefer-I need time to perfect my blending:)

These are so fun , great idea @greeneyedgirl107 ! Iโ€™m sure I have some stuff just sitting here in a sad little stash!

@eshoe I wondered what you thought of the powder. Yes itโ€™s definitely just what you described. You would prob like the Luminous Powder Balm one I got much better or did you say you got it ? Itโ€™s really pretty and has a subtle but very flattering illuminating glow to it if thatโ€™s what youโ€™re after , with a light blurring effect also. Nordstrom still has it I think! 

@Sunnysmom I havenโ€™t tried the Powder Balm yet, but am a fan of anything sheer/natural. Thank you for the tip;)

@eshoe we gotta look after each other! ๐Ÿ˜˜

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • Vanilla Bar.jpg
  • 6DAD710E-4850-4D95-A94C-5CD7DE465169.jpeg
  • 7F52CFFA-73D9-44A2-878B-28598F8E1A29.jpeg
  • FA950552-9AC2-4ADF-A0A6-3BE5FCA33E3D.jpeg
  • 38151F74-F49E-442C-A321-23823EEA502C.jpeg
  • The entire Too Faced Chocolate Vault untouched
  • Forgottens.jpg
  • Perfumes Forgotten.jpg