Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What makeup brushes do you guys reccoemnd? I don't have any.

thx 🙂

Tags:

Re: What makeup brushes do you guys reccoemnd? I don't have any.

Hi @jeskayjam,

I highly suggest the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Ready To Roll Brush Set. This set contains your 10 essential brushes need to create and complete a makeup look. I have found that the Sephora Collection brushes are great quality and longlasting. 

Best,

Rebecca 

RE: What makeup brushes do you guys reccoemnd? I don't have any.

Of all of my brushes the Sephora Pro are definitely the best.

From Sephora I really like Sephora Collection, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and Make Up For Ever. Some cheaper alternatives are Real Techniques! I have a tooonnnn of their brushes, so cheap and great quality. I also like Morphe, Sigma, BH Cosmetics, and ColourPop’s brushes a lot as well.

Sephora brushes are my favorite - a great value (especially if you get them on sale).  I haven't had a bad Sephora brush yet and they hold up to frequent cleansing (I haven't had one come apart or shed yet).  Some are softer than others, so if you have a preference for type of application, best to check them out in person, if possible. 

For budget minded:  e.l.f brushes - so far they have held together but the line up is small.

I've bought brushes here and there from Tarte, Japonesque, ECCO, Jane Iredale (I bought these over 20 years ago and they are still good!), Mary Kay, Avon, and probably more brands but the identifier has worn off. 

I haven't tried any pro-brands or expensive brands.

I've heart that ECO is good and elf, real techniques.... Im just on a budget, so I would rather invest in something that will last longer and save me money in the long run. Does the sephora brand have a set?

I have a much older version of the “ready to roll” set by Sephora. I love my brushes. They’ve held up for several years; I haven’t used them daily though just FYI. The new set that I mentioned above looks great and has an even better variety of brushes. I recently picked up some Sephora brand contour brushes on sale as my set didn’t have all of the ones I needed and they have been a great addition. (The ready to roll set appears to have them included) They are so soft! All of my Sephora brushes have had little to no fallout of bristles depending on the brush and have withstood regular cleaning and still look brand new. They are definitely worth it in my opinion!

@jeskayjam ELF Studio Line brushes. Any of them really! I own tons and love them.

Sigma has nice brushes. I like some of the Sephora brushes- the crease brush is nice. NYX makes some good ones. Also Real Techniques. 😃 Tarte has some really good sets as well that are worth the money.

I actually really like the Sephora PRO brushes. I don't like a ton of makeup clutter so it's nice to just buy the specific brushes that do what I need instead of having a huge kit. The 55 is a great all-purpose foundation and powder brush... #11, #15, #19 for eyes... #45 for blemish concealing... #49 for blush/highlighter would be a few to check out.

I love my Morphe brushes!

I love my Morphe brushes!

Re: I love my Morphe brushes!

@GG84 Which ones do you rec for eyes?  My Ulta just got them, and I want to try them out b/c I'm in need of some new ones.  I figured that I'd try these out before splurging since I've heard good things.  Thanks 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 I got some awhile ago when I was in NY. For Blending brushes I use these most often: M431, M504, M213, M433. Shading Brushes: M522, MB20, M524, M428. 

@GG84 Thank you so much for taking the time to go into so much detail!  🙂

Image result for hearts gif

@greeneyedgirl107 No prob! There's way too many Morphe brushes, I'm sad to admit I bought most of them and honestly half sit untouched. I'll only use them if all my other brushes are wet on "wash day" and I need to do a look. 

@GG84 Yes - I'm kind of on overload with all the options!  At least they're inexpensive, and Ulta is having that 20% off sale.  I know I'll pick up more than I need as well 🙂

My favorites from the ones I own are Mary Kay, Ulta, elf

I would recommend Elf, Real Techniques, and Nyx Brushes as they are basically what I use.

BareMinerals and Jafra have the BEST makeup brushes! They are silky smooth. The BareMinerals brush conditioner keeps all of my brushes soft, even my non-BareMineral brushes soft.

@jeskayjamI've a bunch of Sephora brushes (especially the 45.5. it's always in my pouch), a few Wayne Goss (from beautylish lucky bags) and a whole bunch of luxie and elf ones 😄 

I was pleasantly surprised with how long Luxie ones lasted. 

which do you prefer, those or morphe?

I’ve had good luck with Sephora brand brushes (mid tier), Wayne goes (high end) real techniques (drugstore) and chikuhodo (god tier)

23 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing