Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products

I’m new at makeup I’m trynna use lots of new stuff and learn how to use it

RE: What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products

If I leave the house I put on the following - Becca anti fatigue undereye primer - full face primer - Tarte CC undereye concealer - Becca undereye setting powder - Tarte Amazonian clay foundation - concealer if needed - Laura Mercier setting powder - Tarte Amazonian clay blush - highlighter (I have a few different brands) - eye brow gel (Jane iredale) - eyeshadow primer (urban decay) - eyeshadow (lots of choices here) - Tarte rainforest of the sea makeup setting spray - eyelash primer (Tarte) - mascara (Tarte camara Set lashes) - lip primer (bite beauty) - lipstick (again, lots of choices)

Re: What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products

Learning how to use new stuff is so much fun- I first gained some confidence to try new looks when gifted some eyeshadow palettes that came with step by step instructions. I wish more of them came that way!!!

This is my daily routine. It takes no more than 10 minutes. If I have extra time/am feeling creative sometimes I change it up but it helps me to have a routine.

Shower, wash face with Purpose face wash (drugstore brand recommended by my dermatologist). Apply DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum.IIt absorbs quickly and I apply MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation Y205 Alabasterto my entire face including under my eyes and my eyelids. I apply  BENEFIT COSMETICS - Dandelion Box o’ Powder Blushto the apples of my cheeks and then fill in my eyebrows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Ombre Effect Long Wearing Brow Powder Duo Medium Brownsince my brows are sparse and I want them to look natural. Then i apply several coats of Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara BlackWhile it dries I get dressed and then apply my eyeliner, lately it has been MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - (Grape)vineto both my upper and lower lids. Sometimes I throw on a light pink shimmery eyeshadow too but not everyday. I finish with a very light dusting of bareMinerals Mineral Veil Talc Free Setting Powder Mineral Veiland then spray my face with Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mLThat's my daily routine but when I have time to try something out I like the Smashbox trios as well as the Huda Beauty and too faced palettes. Also it took me a while but I finally stopped being so intimidated by the people who work at Sephora and now I ask them for suggestions and help. I've ended up trying some really fun things I wouldn't have picked up myself so definitely think about going in and asking them to help you find some new things to try. Good luck! 

And oops PS I like Marc Jacobs, Nars, Buxom and Make Up Forever for lip glosses.Bite beauty is great for a more pigmented heavy lipstick but I don't wear that in the summer. 

@Heatherlynn666  Have you checked out Sephora’s YouTube channel yet? They have lots of good makeup tutorials there. 🙂 Also, you might like the What Are You Wearing Today thread for ideas: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/What-are-you-wearing-today/m-p/1856146#M205709

Here’s the makeup I wear most frequently: 
Spoiler

And if you’re interested, here’s my current skincare routine for my combo skin: 

I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.

@WinglessOne I'm in awe. You have a spreadsheet for your skincare routine: so well organized! 😀

Thanks @MlleJuju 🙂 It’s helped me see which products work well or badly. There’s another tab of this spreadsheet that lists many products I’ve tried; that’s where I log bad reactions. 

This sheet also helps me pare down my routine. I don’t want a kabillion products to use in my standard routine, especially when traveling. But I also like to test new-to-me things. New stuff gets noted on the overall routine tab and the reaction log tab, so I can track everything. 

@WinglessOne I should do that instead of thinking that "evidently, I'll remember all about this and this product" (well, after a while I totally forget). 

@Heatherlynn666 

I like to switch up products every once in a while, but here are the products I currently use on a daily basis:

Moisturizer: Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Eye cream: OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème

Oil primer: FARSÁLI - Liquid Glass Radiance Serum

Pore filling primer: TOO FACED - Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer – Peaches and Cream Collection

Liquid highlight: Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - Medium

Foundation (varies almost daily so here are only 3): LAURA MERCIER - Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation

BAREMINERALS - BarePRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation – Peaches and Cream Collection

Setting powder: TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection

Bronzer: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel

Blush (varies by day but here are the ones I have been loving lately): Too Faced Tutti Frutti blushes

Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL

Lip primer and gloss for conditioning: Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Primer 0.16 ozToo Faced Lip Injection Hydrating & Plumping Lip Gloss Original

Liquid liner: SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 01 Black

Mascara (varies by day but here are my HG's): Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara BlackToo Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Waterproof Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.27 oz/ 8 mL

IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara Super Black

I hope this list gives you an idea of what products are usually used for a full face so you know what to shop for next. I also have oily skin so most of the skin products I use are geared for more oily skin type so keep that in mind! Hope this helps 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.
testing