Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products

I’m new at makeup I’m trynna use lots of new stuff and learn how to use it

RE: What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products

If I leave the house I put on the following - Becca anti fatigue undereye primer - full face primer - Tarte CC undereye concealer - Becca undereye setting powder - Tarte Amazonian clay foundation - concealer if needed - Laura Mercier setting powder - Tarte Amazonian clay blush - highlighter (I have a few different brands) - eye brow gel (Jane iredale) - eyeshadow primer (urban decay) - eyeshadow (lots of choices here) - Tarte rainforest of the sea makeup setting spray - eyelash primer (Tarte) - mascara (Tarte camara Set lashes) - lip primer (bite beauty) - lipstick (again, lots of choices)

Re: What kind of makeup do U guys wear everyday and what products

Learning how to use new stuff is so much fun- I first gained some confidence to try new looks when gifted some eyeshadow palettes that came with step by step instructions. I wish more of them came that way!!!

This is my daily routine. It takes no more than 10 minutes. If I have extra time/am feeling creative sometimes I change it up but it helps me to have a routine.

Shower, wash face with Purpose face wash (drugstore brand recommended by my dermatologist). Apply Drunk Elephant C-Firmaβ„’ Fresh Day Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLIt absorbs quickly and I apply MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation Y205 Alabasterto my entire face including under my eyes and my eyelids. I apply  Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Baby-Pink Blush Dandelionto the apples of my cheeks and then fill in my eyebrows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo Medium Brownsince my brows are sparse and I want them to look natural. Then i apply several coats of Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara BlackWhile it dries I get dressed and then apply my eyeliner, lately it has been Marc Jacobs Beauty Fineliner Ultra-Skinny Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner (Grape)vineto both my upper and lower lids. Sometimes I throw on a light pink shimmery eyeshadow too but not everyday. I finish with a very light dusting of bareMinerals Mineral Veil Talc Free Setting Powder Mineral Veiland then spray my face with Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mLThat's my daily routine but when I have time to try something out I like the Smashbox trios as well as the Huda Beauty and too faced palettes. Also it took me a while but I finally stopped being so intimidated by the people who work at Sephora and now I ask them for suggestions and help. I've ended up trying some really fun things I wouldn't have picked up myself so definitely think about going in and asking them to help you find some new things to try. Good luck! 

And oops PS I like Marc Jacobs, Nars, Buxom and Make Up Forever for lip glosses.Bite beauty is great for a more pigmented heavy lipstick but I don't wear that in the summer. 

@Heatherlynn666  Have you checked out Sephora’s YouTube channel yet? They have lots of good makeup tutorials there. πŸ™‚ Also, you might like the What Are You Wearing Today thread for ideas: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/What-are-you-wearing-today/m-p/1856146#M205709

Here’s the makeup I wear most frequently: 
Spoiler

And if you’re interested, here’s my current skincare routine for my combo skin: 

I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.

@WinglessOne I'm in awe. You have a spreadsheet for your skincare routine: so well organized! πŸ˜€

Thanks @MlleJuju πŸ™‚ It’s helped me see which products work well or badly. There’s another tab of this spreadsheet that lists many products I’ve tried; that’s where I log bad reactions. 

This sheet also helps me pare down my routine. I don’t want a kabillion products to use in my standard routine, especially when traveling. But I also like to test new-to-me things. New stuff gets noted on the overall routine tab and the reaction log tab, so I can track everything. 

@WinglessOne I should do that instead of thinking that "evidently, I'll remember all about this and this product" (well, after a while I totally forget). 

@Heatherlynn666 

I like to switch up products every once in a while, but here are the products I currently use on a daily basis:

Moisturizer: Kiehl's Since 1851 Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Eye cream: OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Oil primer: FARSÁLI Liquid Glass Radiance Serum 1 fl oz/ 30mL

Pore filling primer: TOO FACED - Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer – Peaches and Cream Collection

Liquid highlight: Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - Medium

Foundation (varies almost daily so here are only 3): Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation 6W1 Ganache

BAREMINERALS - BarePROβ„’ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation – Peaches and Cream Collection Latte

Setting powder: TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection

Bronzer: Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel

Blush (varies by day but here are the ones I have been loving lately): Too Faced Tutti Frutti blushes

Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mL

Lip primer and gloss for conditioning: Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Primer 0.16 ozToo Faced Lip Injection Plumping Lip Gloss Original

Liquid liner: SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner - Waterpoof 01 Black

Mascara (varies by day but here are my HG's): Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara BlackToo Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.27 oz/ 8 mL

IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing and Lengthening Mascara Super Black

I hope this list gives you an idea of what products are usually used for a full face so you know what to shop for next. I also have oily skin so most of the skin products I use are geared for more oily skin type so keep that in mind! Hope this helps πŸ™‚

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • I’m bumping retinol up to 3x/week starting this week.