From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

What kind of make-up doesn't break you out after a couple of hours?

Foundation or blush usually breaks me out. Any tips or make-up that keeps you skin looking wonderful?

RE: What kind of make-up doesn't break you out after a couple of hours?

I have a friend that can only use water based foundation and concealer. Have you tried any of those...Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea line is great. Their stuff is full coverage and that line is water based.

Thanks so much! I had never heard of it! I'll definitely...

Thanks so much! I had never heard of it! I'll definitely try it!

Re: What kind of make-up doesn't break you out after a couple of hours?

@Neeliay - another thing that might be contributing - are you cleaning your makeup brushes regularly? I know it's the last thing most of us with busy schedules think about, but it can make a difference! Good luck! 🙂

That could be it! I have to say I don't wash them regularly, but I'm definitely going to check into that! Thanks!

@Neeliay I see you mentioned that you normally break out at the end of the day-- is this typically what happens, vs. breaking out when you wake up in the morning?

How do you remove your makeup at night? A lot of the time cleansing/skincare can be what shifts my skin from impending rage to healthy and calm. 

I've noticed that I've been getting more after a couple of hours of it on than in the mornings. I use the Sephora Miscellar water to take off my make up and then the Caudalie foaming cleanser. Then I use the vit c serum and  then a moisturizer. Any suggestions of maybe something I should change or check into?

@neeliay It is unusual for makeup to break one out in a c...

@Neeliay It is unusual for makeup to break one out in a couple of hours, unless you are reactive to most foundation ingredients. Is this the case with you no matter what you try? You might be allergic to something very common in all base makeup. - There are a few foundations (different for every individual ) that break someone out. - All foundations will clog pores over time. long wearing foundations left on skin for hours each day could exacerbate the issue. - Poorly cleansed face after wearing foundation is often the culprit when you breakout.

Oh yeah, I break out alot after using make up all day. Al...

Oh yeah, I break out alot after using make up all day. Alone commuting I spend 2 hours one way, work and then go to class. By the end of the day in my busy world, I have at least 1 or 2 new zits.
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing