Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What is your every-day minimalist makeup routine?

hey everyone, tell me about your every day routine, what you put on, how long it takes, and the tones you like. For me, every morning I put on sunblock and on the occasional day, moisturizer. I then apply a bit of blush on my cheeks and nose, with some lip liner towards the inside rim of my lips for the subtle ombre look and some gloss on top. I curl my lashes and BAM i'm done, only took me 5 minutes and it suits me well. Share some looks with me if you have the time!!  Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 04 Feisty 

Re: What is your every-day minimalist makeup routine?

I'm not super into TONS of makeup, I don't have the time or the skill for that lol. what

@toxicdiamonds wrote:

hey everyone, tell me about your every day routine, what you put on, how long it takes, and the tones you like. For me, every morning I put on sunblock and on the occasional day, moisturizer. I then apply a bit of blush on my cheeks and nose, with some lip liner towards the inside rim of my lips for the subtle ombre look and some gloss on top. I curl my lashes and BAM i'm done, only took me 5 minutes and it suits me well. Share some looks with me if you have the time!!  Kaja Cheeky Stamp Blendable Blush 04 Feisty 

@toxicdiamonds wrote:

all I do is every morning after I wash my face and moisturize, is put on mascara then some lip balm and lip gloss and curl my lashes and I'm done. This whole routine only takes me like ten minutes, just because I'm slow lol. Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara Black SEPHORA COLLECTION LashCraft Eyelash Primer 0.3 oz/ 9 mL

I love simple makeup, basically just enhancing my own features is all.

-Milk Makeup Sunshine Skin Tint or just the Supergoop Invisible Shield 

-Glossier Stretch Concealer under my eyes

-Hoola Bronzer by Benefit(though I really want the new Tarte bronzer)

-Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek stick 

-Elf Makeup Clear Brow Gel

-Shiseido Eyelash Curler + Marc Jacobs Mascara= WONDERS, especially if you're half Asian like me;)

-Glossier Highlight Stick to top it all off!

I personally think it is very important to let my skin breathe so I normally do this when I see people or feel like I want to do my makeup that day. 

For my everyday look, I use my spf moisturizer and then the elf putty primer as my base.

Here are the next steps:

• Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Blurring Powder Foundation
  • Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
  • Blush (whatever shade that appeals to me on that day... I like to switch it up)
  • MAC soft and gentle highlight
  • Urban Decay pencil liner in Bourbon (Goreous everyday colour)
  • Mascara

This whole process takes me 7 minutes max!! My skin looks flawless all day!!!

I usually wear...

Glossier boy brow in clear just to brush up my eyebrows

Glossier Lidstar in Moon

Curl my lashes

Glossier lash slick mascara

Pat on Glossier stretch concealer under ears

Either Fenty highlighting stick or Glossier nightshade highlighter

Since my skin cleared up, I haven't worn powder, but when I do set my makeup, I use the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder

When I go out, I use my Fenty cheek hugging brush to put on Becca sunlit bronzer

RE: What is your every-day minimalist makeup routine?

It really depends on the type of day or activities I have that would dictate my makeup look/routine. On a normal day, I don’t wear makeup - only because I’m lazy. But if it was a special occasion, I would put on a medium coverage face powder, eyebrows, mascara, highlight, and SOMETIMES lashes. I’m a minimalistic person and try not to wear so much makeup because I hate having to remove it at the end of the day when I’m the most tired. But yeah that’s basically an idea of my makeup routine.

Morning:

1. Clinique City Block Sheer Oil-Free Face Protector because it's both sunscreen and a tinted moisturizer... super multi-tasker.
  2. Tatcha The Pearl to brighten up eyes and sometimes other places.
  3. For both lips and cheeks, Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color in Ruby
  4. Eyes - Origins Ginzing Mascara or L'Oreal Lash Paradise

In the evening, I'd add Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Earthquake Brown, because it glides on SUPER smooth and can blend up for a simple smokey eye.

CLINIQUE City Block™ Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 25 Primer 1.4 oz/ 40 mLTatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment SoftlightBOBBI BROWN - Crushed Lip ColorMARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - (Earth)quake 41

Skincare: 

Hydrating cleanser and moisturizing cream

Makeup: 

Foundation - Revlon Photoready Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation in Buff

Concealer - NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla

Brow pomade - Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade in Taupe

Blush - Milani Romantic Rose blush

Lipstick - I have 5-6 lipsticks from MAC and Clinique that I rotate, mostly rose, light red, or brownish-pink shades

Time:  5-10 minutes.  I'm NOT a morning person, and would rather save time for more important things like sleep 🙂  The concealer is a recent addition to my routine; I've noticed dark undereye circles since I turned 50.NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Vanilla

Skincare: face wash, serum, moisturizer

Makeup: liquid foundation, blush, mascara

Time: 5 minutes 🙂 

After skincare I use supergoop sunscreen, laneige lip mask, the tarte tinted lip balm in cherry, tarte’s translucent powder, and benetint cheek stain. 

I slap on some of the lip therapy from my FIRST AID BEAUTY - Fablantiskit and if I’m feeling fancy I roll a bit of CLEAN RESERVE - Classic - Fresh Laundry Rollerballon one wrist, dab them together then dab them on the sides of my neck.

moisturizer- kate somerville lips- either fresh sugar balm or bite agave nectar face- cover fx powder eyes- it! superhero mascara

Moisturizer: Olehenriksen Vitamin C Cream Serum: Olehenriksen Vitamin C Serum Eye Cream: Olehenriksen 

Concealer (over eyelids too)

Setting powder

Mascara

Tinted lip balm/ lipstick

Looks like a lot but it usually takes me 10-15 mins max, if my face looks a little dull i use a nude pink blush for a pop of colour

Moisturizer: Tatcha Dewy Cream or DE Protini/Lala Retro

Sunscreen: Elta MD tinted sunscreen or Supergoop!

CC cream: Thrive Causemetics

Under Eye: Tatcha The Pearl and Tarte Shape Tape

Brow Gel: Glossier or Benefit 

Cheek Tint: any lipstick or Glossier's cloud paint

Lip Liner: Charlotte Tilbury, Pat McGrath Labs or MAC

Mascara: Thrive Causemetics but DiorShow is great too

Does it feel sticky using a lipstick on your cheek? I use benetint stain on both my cheeks and lips 

I use lipstick as blush, and it works very well. Try it with the Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color in Ruby... I swipe it on the back of my hand and then use either a blush brush or my middle finger to apply to my cheeks. I haven't found it to be sticky at all. 

BOBBI BROWN - Crushed Lip Color

I use concealer, powder, eyeliner, mascara and sometimes I use a liquid eyeshadow. I use to have a lipstick that made my lips shine but also look like my natural lip color but I used it up and I'm looking for another one.

Primer: Benefit- POREfessional Face Primer 

Foundation: Armani- Luminous Silk Foundation

Concealer: NARS- Creamy Concealer 

Setting Powder: Laura Mercier- Translucent Setting Powder

Blush: Hourglass- Ambient Lighting Blush Collection 

Bronzer: Hourglass- Ambient Lighting Bronzer (sometimes for a more natural look I use a eyeshadow brush and use a thin layer of this on my eyelids!)

Mascara: Benefit- They're Real 

Eyebrows: Anastasia- Perfect Brow Pencil (soft brown)

Then sometimes I use the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder over my whole face! 

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer .75 / 21g

Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Perfect Glow Flawless Oil-Free Foundation 8.75

HOURGLASS - Ambient Lighting Blush Collection - Luminous Flush

HOURGLASS - Ambient® Lighting Bronzer - Luminous Bronze Light

Hourglass Ambient® Lighting Finishing Powder Dim Light

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Lengthening Mascara Black

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dual-Ended Cream to Powder Perfect Brow Pencil Taupe

Moisturizer: CeraVe SA 

Primer: Neutrogena shine control

Concealer: Sephora in Meringue 

Blush: Dandelion by Benefit

Eyeshadow: Mini Naked 2 Basics (usually 1 light color)

Brows: Anastasia clear lash gel

Powder: Laura Mercier setting

Lashes: Clinique high impact mascara

Primer: SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

Foundation/Concealer: BAREMINERALS - Blemish Rescue Skin-Clearing Loose Powder Foundation – For Acne Prone Skin OR Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Caramel

Blush: NUDESTIX Nudies Cream Blush All-Over-Face Color Sunset Strip

Bronze/Highlight: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Contour Duo Fair/Medium

Eyes: Supergoop! Shimmershade Illuminating Cream Eyeshadow SPF 30 First LightOR NUDESTIX - Rose Gold Palette

Lips: Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Pillow Talk OR Kosas Wet Lip Oil Plumping Peptide Lip Treatment Gloss Jellyfish

It may sound like a lot, but I can apply easily with my fingers or a brush. I'm usually done in 7-10 minutes (yes, I've timed myself)!

I am opposite of most, wearing less makeup when I work and going all or nothing on my days off. Days off depend on if I'm leaving the house or not and also if I got something new to play with. 

On work days for a quick 5 minute "make me look un-dead" routine I generally do a a sweep of single shadow, blush, lash curl and eyebrows. Sometimes I'll do a glow primer/tinted moisturizer mixed together and add mascara also. 

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • I wash my face in the shower. The rest of this routine takes 5-7 minutes (unless I use an eye mask).
  • The "minimal but in public:" tinted brow gel, undereye concealer, curled lashes, mascara, lip balm.
  • The "minimal but rosacea-correcting" look: swap in a lipstick and redness treatment.
  • The "minimal but work-appropriate": add in a single shadow, liner, and a light-coverage powder foundation.
  • routine.jpg
  • 2F7BF2ED-B693-4A73-82DB-3D8437FF0F9B.jpeg
testing