Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What do you hoard?

Mine is red lipstick. That is 28 tubes of red, vs 6 of other colors.49071691_10156045752263549_2508240882021433344_n.jpg

Re: What do you hoard?

@YouAreAlways  Wow!  Those are beautiful reds!

um....everything? lol 🙄 😅

but especially samples, mini's, perfume (the prettiest to collect), and hair accessories...as someone w/long hair that loves to get it off my face lol, can never have too many scrunchies, clips, headbands, etc...and sadly they stretch out so I have to keep buying more, lol. 😕

Gimme all the nAiL PoLiSh!

Current collection 660, and I'm waiting on I think 6 more from various PPU/HHC orders 🤪

Just realized that'll be a great number to stop on (as if stopping is an option! 😋 )

IMG_20200907_134012307.jpg

Wide view of my main display. The purple cabinet is shallow, and I can only get them about 1.5 bottles deep if I angle them *just*so*, but the darker cabinets are much deeper...the polishes are mostly three deep in them 😮

Close ups and more details in the spoiler below!

Spoiler
IMG_20200907_134107456.jpg

Most of my Zoyas (all used at least once), with spots for a few more that haven't been used yet.

IMG_20200907_134117618.jpg

The top shelf is more used Zoyas, but the rest of these hold the bulk of my unused polishes.

IMG_20200907_134255443.jpg

Top cabinet, all used at least once. Top shelf: purples (plus a few bottles from Black Dahlia that are just a smidge too tall for the other shelves). 2nd shelf: reds, black-grey-white spectrum, plus overflow space for more purples and OPIs. 3rd & 4th shelves: OPI

IMG_20200907_134153629.jpg

Bottom cabinet, all used at least once. Top shelf: blues and greens. 2nd shelf: metallics (silver, gold, bronze, etc) plus unique indies. 3rd shelf: pinks. Bottom shelf: stamping polishes, oranges and yellows, then some miscellaneous base and top coats.

IMG_20200907_142347590.jpg

Toppers are sitting on top of my bottom cabinet.

IMG_20200907_134226169.jpg

Close up of the stained glass windows I used for the doors

IMG_20200907_134553291.jpg

Overflow box with a few that won't fit on the shelves

IMG_20200907_133625235.jpg

My workspace on my kitchen table...a few that I've pulled out in various pairings of "I think these will look good together". Half the time I just wind up pulling something else off a shelf though 😅

IMG_20200907_135312485.jpg

Most of my basics on a tray by my table. Base and top coat, files, glitter and rhinestones, swatch sticks, cuticle oil, thinner, brushes and dotting tools, etc. 

I didn't think to grab a pic, but I've got one more basket with my large bottles of polish remover, nail mat, cotton balls, plus a box with my stamping supplies. Oh, and a bag with my GelieCure stuff. Good grief 🤣

RE: Re: What do you hoard?

I love your nail polish collection!!! Each color is a new experience and you deserve to try as many new experiences as possible! At one time in my life I collected nail polish too...keep enjoying them and enjoy polishing your nails too!🤗🤗🤗

Re: RE: Re: What do you hoard?

@ShanShanMa85 

Ahhhh, another polish hoarder, ermmm, collector! 😋 If you're still doing your nails, head over to the nails thread, and feel free to jump on in! We love seeing new manicures! 💕

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Show-Me-Your-Nails-2-0/m-p/5571041

@RGbrown Wow.  You really love polish.  I'm sure you have gorgeous colors.  What a collection!

@tjffc 

Thanks so much!

@RGbrown I have seen previous pictures of your nail polish collection but didn't realize it was quite that large. Maybe you've just accumulated more since I last saw. The organization is SO pleasing to the eye. Great collection!

@sprocketta 

I've definitely accumulated a few more since my last pics 🤪 but those dark cabinets do a good job of hiding how many they hold, with them piled so deep! Thanks so much! 💕

Say whaaa @RGbrown ?! This is amazing and I don’t think I can find a word worthy of your fab collection! 🥰 So now next question is obviously - when can we see rest of your collections?! 😬🤓

@Sunnysmom 

You ask that like you already assume that I have an obscene amount of, oh, I don't know, lipstick? Or eyeshadow? OK, you're probably right...I might be a multi-faceted hoarder 😂 I'll have to pull some more stuff out for pics one day 🙃

Haha @RGbrown , a girl can hope! 😂 And I also know some arguments now in favor of my own personal ahem issues with the husband unit. 🤣🤓 I feel I’m in good company, tho not for nail stuff , but lipsticks etc? Oh dear. Your collection is lovely! 

@Sunnysmom 

Absolutely feel free to show him this and say, "see, at least I don't have a polish habit too! It could be much worse!" 🤣

Absolutely right @RGbrown , I won’t be throwing you under the bus tho! We r all in the “club” 😘

Your collection gets prettier every picture, @RGbrown!

@curlychiquita 

Thanks so much! Personally, I think it gets more ridiculous with every pic, but I can't seem to stop either 🤣

All things red lips, highlighters and blush! Oh who am I kidding, also shadows! 

RE: What do you hoard?

Eye shadow palettes !

@YouAreAlways I’m with you on the red lipsticks and I definitely hoard perfumes as well. 💄💋

Black eyeliner (minis, pencil, liquid, maybe even a gel pot somewhere) and now moisturizer.  I just told my hubby to make sure I don't buy anymore.

113 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos58
  • 49071691_10156045752263549_2508240882021433344_n.jpg
  • Each carousel can hold 80 bullets in its standard configuration.
  • I reconfigured the top of this carousel to hold some of my mini bullets.
  • I stuck some cubbies to one carousel to hold some of my Guerlain Rouge G bullets. I need to find a 3rd container to hold the rest.
  • I removed all dividers from this top and repurposed some Sugarfina cubes to hold crayons and slim lipsticks.
  • Here's the "as designed" configuration of a carousel top. I'll remove all those dividers soon, so I can fit far more than 12 lipsticks up there.
  • Add-on container for some of my lip liners.
  • The liquid lipstick drawer. These I always arrange by brand. I, um, kinda love Lancome L'Absolu Lacquers.
testing