Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What are your favorite products?

Hey everyone! I'm new here 🙂 You should reply and enlighten me on some of your favorite products. I'll start: my favorite eyeliner is Kaja Wink Stamp Wing Eyeliner Stamp & Pen , my favorite mascara is tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara Black and my favorite lip gloss is Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick P(r)each 

Re: What are your favorite products?

Welcome to BIC, @Jadzzz ! 

Some of my favorite products aren't sold at Sephora, but I'll list them anyway. 

Base 

Spoiler
I don't use liquid or cream foundations. I do occasionally use a tinted moisturizer or powder foundation: 

Brows 

Spoiler
  • Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil - a drier formula than most brow pencils; shade Black Tea is my perfect color match. 
  • MAC Shape + Shade Brow Tint - I only use the brush end, and only to detail my brow tails; I don't use this often. 

Eyeshadow primer 

Spoiler

Eyeshadow 

Spoiler

Eyeliner 

Spoiler
Various shades of: 
  • Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel 
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Liner 
  • Chantecaille Luster Glide Silk Infused Eyeliner 
  • Glossier Play Colorslide 

Mascara 

Spoiler

Concealer 

Spoiler

Setting powder 

Spoiler
  • By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder - still the best performing, non-drying loose setting powder I've ever used. 
  • Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder 3 Dark (eh, Medium works too) is still my favorite pressed setting powder. 

I'd love to try PMG's pressed setting powder but the medium shade is ALWAYS sold out everywhere. Sigh. 

Face brightener 

Spoiler
I don't use concealer to brighten the center of my face. (I use concealer only to mask my dark tear troughs and maybe do some spot concealing elsewhere.) Instead, I love to dust/buff Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection Brilliant Nude  on the center of my face. It gives me an ethereal glow without changing my natural skin tone. 

I also love certain shades of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders as finishing touches elsewhere on my face. 

Blush 

Spoiler

Highlighter 

Spoiler

Lip primer and liner 

Spoiler
  • MAC Prep + Prime Lip is my all-time favorite lip primer. 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS Permagel Ultra Lip Pencil Major Red and various other shades - these liners go on smooth and do. Not. Budge. 
  • MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil: Eye, Lip & Brow Pencil 900 All Over Magenta and various other shades - I love the wide shade range of these; they're perfect matches for all my beloved "unconventional" ipstick shades. 
  • NARS Velvet Lip Liner Lanikai and various other shades - just good ol' classic lip liners. 
  • MAC Lip Pencil - another range of dang good liners. 
  • MAC Liptensity Lip Pencil - sadly discontinued; I'm so glad I snagged backups of these before they disappeared forever. 

Lipstick 

Spoiler
Nope, won't even try to narrow my huge list down to a few favorites. 🤣 Well wait, I can say this: 

Lancome L'Absolu Lacquers are my favorite glosses ever. Fenty Gloss Bombs are great, as are certain shades of Pat McGrath glosses. 

MAC Liptensity was one of the BEST lines of cream bullets ever created and I still can't believe MAC discontinued them. 😞 

Most of my lipsticks are bullets, and mostly by PMG, NARS, Bite Beauty (though they tend to bleed or feather; I wonder what the new formula will look like), MAC, Guerlain, Lipstick Queen, Fenty, and many others I'm forgetting right now. 

No matter how well I prep my lips (I do have a lip care routine that gets down with my skincare routine), they hate the vast majority of liquid matte formulas on the market. I can comfortably wear NARS Powermattes, Black Moon Liquid To Mattes, MUFE Artist Liquid Mattes, and PMG LiquiLUST mattes which I hope Pat brings back in more shades. 

Re: What are your favorite products?

Hi @Jadzzz!

These are some of my favorite products:

stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Sapphire (in black)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Luxe Silk False Lash Heiress (doesn't look like cheap plastic falsies)

SEPHORA COLLECTION House of Lashes® Eyelashes Adhesive  (super glue for falsies)

HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette  (pigmented and beautiful)

SEPHORA COLLECTION MOSCHINO + SEPHORA Laptop Palette (so many colors to experiment with)

Kose Suncut Sunscreen (clear gel, SPF 50+, waterproof, UV Protection, PA++++)

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL (good for pores and oily skin)

Olaplex Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 3.3 oz/ 100 mL  

Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette – Peaches and Cream Collection 0.48 oz/ 15 g 

KVD Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Lolita 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors