Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

What are your fave tricks and tips for quick makeup looks?

I'm a girl who is all about convenience and ease, so I'm always looking for new tricks and tips. For everyday, I personally love the look of soft pink cheeks and lips coupled with bold brows, thick mascara, and a light gold shadow. I'm constantly on the go and often only have a few minutes to get my makeup done. Here's my new favorite trick using my favorite blush and favorite everything moisturizer.

I scrape a little powder off of my Clinique cheek pop blush, in nude pop, and mix it with a small amount of Clinique Moisture surge 72-hour auto-replenishing hydrator to create a baby pink glowing cream that i apply to my lips and cheeks. Nude pop is a perfect blend of nude, gold, and pink so it creates a multi tonal look when applied, not too shimmery and not too flat. If you're not familiar with Moisture surge let me tell you this hydrator is LIFE all year round. Its an oil free gel cream that works to keep your skin plump for 72 hours, yes even after you wash your face ( I also use this on my hands and elbows because this winter where I am has been brutal).

IMG_4089.JPG

What are some of your favorite tricks/products to keep things easy and simple? 

Re: What are your fave tricks and tips for quick makeup looks?

I'm not a brand rep and I will second the praises for Clinique Moisture Surge.  It's ideal for every season except winter: scent-free, so great for sensitive skin; sinks into the skin rather than just sitting on top; and feels extremely comfortable and lightweight.

Re. tricks for quick makeup looks, my greatest tip is to figure out beforehand what your priorities are in terms of your look.  For me, my priorities are complexion, then eyes, then lips, then brows.  This is not to say that I always do lips over brows, though. Sometimes my brows need attention and my lips don't.

What it means is if I'm in a hurry, I first look at my complexion to see what it needs.  If I'm having a good day, my complexion will need nothing, if it's a particularly bad day, I might need concealer, foundation, blush, and powder.  Then I take a look at my eyes to see what kind of attention they need.  A bad eye-day might need some sort of brightening shadow, liner, and mascara; a good eye day would need nothing.  Lips might need a tinted balm depending on how full and hydrated they look.  Eyebrows might need a comb-through with some tinted brow gel because that's about all I ever do with them (I get them waxed regularly, and they don't need any filling in).

And if it ends up that I run out of time by the time I'm done with mascara, then lips and brows are left alone.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_4089.JPG
testing