Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Used makeup products

Hi everyone!

I need an advice where can i sell/donate my used (2-3 times) makeup products?

Or maybe any services where i could bring it to recycle? I just don’t want to put it to trash but anyway i won’t use it. 

Thanks a lot!

Re: Used makeup products

Hi @KaterinaSh ! What types of makeup products are they? For sanitary reasons—especially during our pandemic days—most charities and women's shelters won't accept used liquid or cream products, especially anything with a wand or in a jar. Honestly, you shouldn't try to sell those kinds of products since they can't be sanitized. 

Donation ideas: 

• Women's shelters 
  • Dress for Success 
  • Prom dress & makeup charitable orgs (note that The Bella Project doesn't take used makeup) 
  • Your friends and relatives 
Spoiler
Some charities/shelters might take bullet lipsticks that have been properly sanitized, and some might accept liquid/cream products that come in a tube (like the Glossier Cloud Paint blushes). You'll have to check that with any in your local area. 

But pressed powder products (eyeshadow palettes, blushes, etc.) are usually okay, if you properly sanitize them. Again, check directly with organizations to find out what they'll accept. 

Recycling options—you'll need to remove all the makeup from their containers first: 

• TerraCycle has a "ZeroWaste" beauty waste recycling program; you have to pay for it, though 
  • Several brands have a free recycling program through TerraCycle: at TC's site, search for "collection programs" and you'll get a list of all those options (scroll past the "Sorry, we couldn't find..." error message) 
  • Deciem store locations accept all brands' products for recycling 
  • Nordstrom stores: check your local store's beauty department for a TerraCycle recycling box, where you can drop off any beauty brand's empty container/casing for free 
  • MAC store locations accept all empty MAC containers; for every 6 empties you return, you'll get a free MAC lipstick 

Re: Used makeup products

@KaterinaSh  Oh gosh, can't believe I forgot this donation source you should consider: Project Beauty Share. Check their list for things they won't accept. I know they'll take pressed powders (eyeshadow palettes, blush, highlighter, etc.) that are barely used. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing