Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

We swatched the Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

UD_electric.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/1gRTXCg

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a pic in the thread below!

Re: Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

I spy with my little eye a link to the electric palette on Sephora's shop.

http://www.sephora.com/electric-pressed-pigment-palette-P385671?skuId=1593268

Good eye...it's in stock!

These look great--I'm always excited to see Sephora's Swatch Board comparison pics and I have been so curious about the Electric Palette.  

I would love it even more if we could see it on some darker skin.  In 2014, can't we do better than a spectrum that stops at tan?

upload_850185909511859421.pngFound a great review of this palette on Afrobella. There's more pics on the site 😄

I believe the tan is someone of darker skin, I wanna say the model is a 1R12, I'm a 2Y12 

Here is another more recent picture in natural light.

WM CS Warm Palette - last row 4th shade from the right, 7th row 3rd shade from the right, 4th row 7th shade from the right, 3rd row 6th shade from the right, mac nymphette.jpg

But considering the color IQ system does get darker they should do darker, hopefully someone will post swatches though. I know I will once my palette gets here Monday.  

This looks gorgeous! Love bright colors! please post pics of looks. I love seeing what other people come up with! 

i love this just because Im a bright color type of person but as far as putting this on my eyes...im not too convinced. But i love the packaging. So colorful. *sigh*

I'm really looking forward to trying this out. I don't own any bright shadows!

I only wish that it had a blood red colour. Red (with black eyeliner) makes my big brown/hazel eyes pop.

Have you seen Makeup Geek's Bitten? It's very much a blood red. If you're looking for more fire-engine red check out Sugarpill's Love+

NARS in "Grenadines" is a great color.NARS.jpg

You know, I was all caught up in the hype for this, but I've been thinking...

This is $49 for 10 pigments. Three are blues and two are pinks. Free shipping starts at $50 on UD. There are no items for a dollar.

But then, there's websites that have products like Medusa's Makeup, (just an example) that have things like the Electro Set. It's been out for years, and has been tried and true (and is safe to use around the immediate eye area, no warnings there). It includes 12 colors, many of which are similar to these, but there is a bit wider range of colors, for $58. Or you can buy their bright eyeshadows a la cart for $7 a pop. They're cruelty free, have been around since 2005 (online) and their free shipping starts at $25. They are pressed pigments, like these. 

I was seriously hovering my finger over the "order" button on UD before giving it a second thought, and while I certainly don't want to dis-enable anyone (please everyone, buy bright things! show us your looks!), I just thought I'd throw it out there that it maaaay just be the fact that it's new and exciting and from a company that you've heard a lot about. 

🙂 I'm not saying I'm not  going to buy this, but I think I'm going to give it a day or two. Or even, possibly, buy this and the MM set, and do a comparison blog? I just thought I'd give it a mention, and maybe spur some thoughts on it. 

Please don't bombard me with hates. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Brenna, if you do want it & the free shipping, add a Sephora bath thingie. $1 & this palette and you've got yourself the free shipping 😉 Trust me; I've done that before with a palette. Lol

http://www.sephora.com/creamy-body-wash-caps-P374908?skuId=1443027

bath.jpg

You sneaky devil, you! 

I was posting this when it was just on the UD site, but this is good now that it's on Sephora! Thanks for the idea!

Not gonna lie, I did ONE order of just ONE of these bath things to get an awesome perk. Hahaha. I don't want to do it too much as I don't want to have my orders rejected or whatever, but yeah. I've used these to my advantage once or twice 😉

OoOh Bre, I didnt know about this medusas makeup site, now that youve mentioned it, i now wanna order something from there, and still want this ud palette 😮 what have you done!!! LOL jk

Isn't it amazing? They're the first non-drugstore brand I had ever used, years and years ago, and I just love them! I just placed an order this morning ^_^ It's definitely a good brand to go for!

yess!! I wanna try it out now.. Whenever Im done ordering the lorac pro ,Electric and possibly the it naturally..ill look into medusas.. OMG also mythcosmetics got me too. xD got all 14 shades i want them all!!

If you like fun lippies too, check out Melt Cosmetics. I want alllll the colors! 

AHHHHH, i like the stupidLove, Shady Lady, Belladonna2 , and 666 T_T ughh.. whyyyy lol

<_< let me go see! i need new colors for my lips i always use the same 2 colors -,- lol

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • UD_electric.jpg
  • original (1).jpg
  • WM CS Warm Palette - last row 4th shade from the right, 7th row 3rd shade from the right, 4th row 7th shade from the right, 3rd row 6th shade from the right, mac nymphette.jpg
  • upload_850185909511859421.png
  • NARS.jpg
  • Revolt.jpg
  • Gonzo.jpg
  • Savage.jpg
  • Slowburn.jpg
  • Fringe.jpg
  • Chaos.jpg
  • Urban.jpg
  • Jilted.jpg
  • Freak.jpg
  • Thrash.jpg