Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life
Highlighted

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

So I am a bit obsessed with Urban Decay liners.  Smiley Happy  I especially love the browns, purples and greens for my green eyes, so with my most recent purchase of 1/3rd of the Urban Decay liner vault set (shared with the awesome gals Rikkie and Veronika), I wanted to swatch my full line-up of current UD liners.  A few are vintage or special edition from the Ocho Loco 2 set - I have marked them separately.

Probably my favorite go-to liners right now are Twice Baked or Corrupt for browns, Stash for green, Rockstar or Tornado for purple, plus I love doing slight highlighting accents with Goldmine or Dime.

The photo posted gets downsized a little, to see the full-sized version it is here:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/61137i6B44A53CA52F49EF/image-size/original...

Re: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatches

wow these look amazing!  I

The UD liners are awesome!  I find them initially a bit smudgable but once they set, they're there to stay put for the day which is great!  Smiley Happy  There is such a great range of colors, my hope with posting the swatches was to help people see the variations in the blacks/grays, browns and greens especially. 

I do have a few brighter colors but am not likely to wear them much, as gorgeous as they are.

that is a pretty nice collection you have there! It is convenient to see all of the browns swatched next to each other... 

Thanks for sharing! Love ultraviolet!

Looking forward to your liner swatches!  Smiley Happy

Wow, thanks for posting.  They are all gorgeous, but Tornado looks incredible.

Agreed! I just purchased Tornado because of it Smiley Happy !

Tornado is awesome!! Smiley Happy I love UD purples. Smiley Happy

I have been thinking about purchasing the Ocho Loco set, but I didn't really find it to be a necessity. Though, I just saw swatches for them and now I HAVE to get them. I don't own any UD liners, but all of these swatches I am seeing are really making me want to try them! Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

You're welcome! I got Ocho Loco 2 the day it was listed on Sephora and am so glad I did! It's a super deal if you look at your final price per liner, plus the limited edition colors are fantastic! Smiley Happy

Ultraviolet looks gorgeous!

I would love to find a way to incorporate some of the brighter colors into my fairly conservative makeup, any ideas? I thought maybe use a thin line over my regular darker liner for a color accent - anyone have other ideas or links?  I do like Ultraviolet as well but not sure how to use it successfully.

I think that going over a normal liner would work, or maybe slightly over for a bit of a pop. Even a gradient liner with the color in the middle and your normal black or brown on the outsides

Oooooooo, thanks for the ideas glossyguru!  I'll give those a try. I've been looking up some ideas on Google too. Smiley Happy

You could do neutral on the lids and a pop of color with a line below your eye, right at the lash line but not on the waterline.  Smudge it a little to get a better and softer effect Smiley Wink

Sometimes I like to use my brighter colored shadows over my black liner...just a bit on the inner corner of the lower line....then blend towards the middle of the lower line. Lately I've been using just the UD shadow...sparkly silver-can't remember the name at the moment!- to line the lower lashes and black for upper lash line. For some reason I have better luck using shadows to line...for me, the UD liners just don't stay put...which is really sad cause I love them!

New formulas on the left, a few vintage colors I had handy on the right for comparison. Smiley Happy It's a bit cloudy today so I went with indoor lighting, I don't think it shows the light catching sparkles off the best, but it gives an idea of the colors. 

Yay, you got your part of the vault!! Gorgeous colors!!! Hmmmm I may need to get Vice. Smiley Wink

Can't wait to get mine Smiley Wink

I can't wait for you to get yours either!!! Smiley Happy

Ive been dark lining my eyes with Whiskey then doing an accent line with Scorch, I LOVE how it looks!

oh must be nice! Smiley Happy

Definitely check it out in the store! It's got gorgeous purple sparkles that my picture does no justice to!

Holy... how many liners do I have? O_O I just found Smoke, Zero, and Rockstar, none of which made it into this picture.

I love Vice. And LSD looks really awesome, but I'm not sure I'd pull it off.

Thanks for posting!

81 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • UDSwatches2.jpg
  • liner2.png
  • rsz_img_00000417.jpg
  • UDBlacks.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • FullSizeRender.jpg