Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

[Updated 6/23] The Sparkle Thread: Share Your Love for all that Shimmers!

Sparkles Thread.jpg

Calling all fellow glitter enthusiasts in the BIC! Who’s with me? 😊💎

If I didn’t already make it abundantly clear in my Community welcome post, one thing you must know about me is I love sparkly products. I’ll take your glassy glosses, subtle shimmers, diamond dusts, chrome metallics, sequins, glitter and more – if it’s shiny, I need it. (In fact, I probably already have it!)

Some of you have already shared with me some of your glitzy go-tos that I’ve already adopted into my own stash. Thanks to @gonerogue, I get my Fenty glow on with FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Fairy Bomb Glittering Pom Pom and FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA - Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil. I bathe almost daily in Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder Conceited courtesy of @Mcakes.  And I will gladly blame @Anastasiya13@PrettyPaint, and @meganlisa on my new Pat McGrath collection. Did I mention that I’m easily enabled?

That’s why I decided we needed a thread to serve as our place to SHINE! In addition to hearing more about your sparkly standbys, I’m also looking forward to trying out everything shiny and *NeW* and getting my swatch on. Got a shimmery swatch request? I am more than happy to be your human disco ball. IT IS MY DESTINY, and my future is as bright as my highlighter. 🌟

[[Update]] I've started a spoiler tab below to share some looks using my latest sparkly product finds!

Spoiler
Share your favorite glittery holy grails, ask for recommendations, or dish on sparkly newness by replying below!

Re: The Sparkle Thread: Share Your Love for all that Shimmers!

You look gorgeous, @AlexBT! This palette has beautiful colors!

@curlychiquita Thank you! Feels nice to play with eyeshadow these days, even if it's just for Community to see 😉

@AlexBT @Glad you got this palette. The shades look great on you 

Thanks @SportyGirly125! ❤️

RE: Re: The Sparkle Thread: Share Your Love for all that Shimmers!

What did you think of this palette?

Re: RE: Re: The Sparkle Thread: Share Your Love for all that Shimmers!

@lindseyyfaye Love the shades, especially the reflect-y ones. As someone with green eyes I usually gravitate towards purple/wine shades. 🙂 If you're looking for something SUPER bold and pigmented, this might not be the one -- I'd say it really is the perfect bridge between NAKED/neutral and bold.

RE: The Sparkle Thread: Share Your Love for all that Shimmers!

The glitters and shimmers in the new ABH Norvina Peo Palette VOL.4 are incredible !!!!

Re: RE: The Sparkle Thread: Share Your Love for all that Shimmers!

@maddyox Love all the shimmer colors.

Re: RE: The Sparkle Thread: Share Your Love for all that Shimmers!

@maddyox Oo wow that looks gorgeous! I always gravitate to pinky-purple shades, too, so will definitely have to try to get my hands on one of these palettes and play with it 🙂

Ooooooo shimmers and sparkles are my favorite! Since working from home, I'm finally able to use my more dazzling shades on my eyes. Lately I've been digging into my Natasha Denona Star Eyeshadow Palette more often and also NATASHA DENONA - Chroma Crystal Top Coat - Nude 

@AMK721 Lovely colors.

@AMK721 Yes, I love that WFH has only made you bring out even more of your sparkle. #goals. 🙂 I definitely need more Natasha in my life, especially those top coats! Back in the Before Times when I actually went to the gym and into an office, I used always stash shimmer pots in my purse or workout bag so I can just swipe on some shimmer and go before heading into the office. Who knows when I'll actually go to a real gym again, but I think I still need all the shimmer pots! 😉

I love all things sparkly, shiny and glittery too. 🙂 my recent glittery purchases:

TOUCH IN SOL - Metallist Sparkling Foiled Eye Shadow I got a few and they're gorgeousss!! still waiting for another color to be shipped...

Natasha Denona Diamond & Blush Palette Darya the glitters are so pretty!!

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - See-quins Glam Glitter Eyeshadow - Fall Runway Edition

and how can we forget Urban Decay Moondust Liquid Glitter Eyeliner Starfire ? a sparkly liner is the best kind of sparkly!! 😄

@treestar86 Great colors. I'm loving the Mark Jacobs Glam Glitter eye shadow. Is gorgeous1

@treestar86 I used to wear the URBAN DECAY - Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner literally every day (usually just a smudge on my bottom lashes -- I basically had a color to match any eyeshadow combo. I used one again recently and totally fell in love all over again with how much it makes my eyes pop! I think I might need Starfire...

And yes, I was just looking for my MJ See-quins shadow the other day - I think it might be abandoned at my desk next to my sad thirsty office plant! Hope to rescue them both soon....

@AlexBT  I'm so glad you are enjoying the Pat McGrath. There is something so special about her shadows. 

Here is the pretty, glowiness I have been enjoying as of late (compliments of Natasha Denona's Bloom Blush & Glow). This palette is so much fun to layer.

ND Blush Glow.jpg

Natasha Denona Bloom Cheek Palette 0.48 oz/ 13.7 g

@PrettyPaint Love the colors.

@PrettyPaint OoOoo yes. Blush is one thing that is still kind of my achilles heel when it comes to my everyday makeup routine (a lot of times I just reach for the bronzer and/or highlighter and call it a day!) - but Natasha's always tempt me!!! That one is especially gorge. Definitely adding to the list 🙂

@AlexBT  I will happily take the blame on that, but then again how can you not love Pat Mcgrath, she has amazing palettes, and the colors are just so fun to play with. Also don't forget a shimmery lip is always nice too. I love you MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Enamored Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss and they have some fun shiny colors to play with, also Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Hot Chocolit is one of my faves, that is simple, but gets so many compliments and looks great. For eyes I of course love Pat Mcgrath, but we definietly cant forget about Charolette Tilbury and Natasha Denona, their palettes have some amazing shimmery shades too. My fave highlighter though, is sadly not sold at Sephora, but it is the MAC Global Glow. This product has been my go to for so many occasions, its poppin, and I love how it makes me look all bronzed as if I had a nice vacation.

@Anastasiya13 Yes, great additions! It took me wayyyy too long to finally add a Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Hot Chocolitto my collection but now that I have Fenty Glow, I want alllll the shades! Especially diamond milk, of course. 🙂

@AlexBT I love Fenty.  This is a gorgeous color.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • Sparkles Thread.jpg
  • ND Blush Glow.jpg
  • Urban Decay Naked Ultraviolet Palette
  • From top to bottom: Trippin', Mind Slip, Dazed, Hacked, V.R., Lucid
  • From top to bottom: Optimized, Warning, Cyber Punk, Euphoric, Purple Dust, Digital
  • IMG_7969.jpg
  • IMG_7973.jpg
  • IMG_7973.jpg
  • IMG_7926.jpg
  • 00100srPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200606150548307_COVER~2.jpg
  • Pink and sea glass showing up.
testing