Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Undertones and Jade rollers

1.) I can’t figure out what my undertones are? 
I’m constantly buying foundations. I have just about every light shade in almost all drugstore brands. I’m tired of wasting time and money.

2.) I also just bought a jade roller for my face and it seems to de puffing, but my under eye puffiness doesn’t go away completely. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on my two biggest problems? 

Re: Undertones and Jade rollers

@Starshagirl Have you tried getting shade matched in stores, using the vein technique (blue is cool toned, green is warm tone, can't tell is neutral or figuring out if you look better in golds or silvers?

You might need more than a jade roller for eye puffiness.  Have you tried products that help with under eye puffiness like eye masks, serums or creams?  Or ice globes?

Re: Undertones and Jade rollers

What is the issue you're having with the foundations you buy?

I'm betting you Googled this a hundred times, so sorry if this is too obvious, but the veins thing and the gold vs. silver thing weren't super helpful for me. The biggest indicator, personally, was how I look in yellows, bright greens and oranges. Like, I look jaundiced in those colors, and have avoided them since before I even knew what undertones were. If you feel like you look fine in everything, you might just be neutral.

That said, I've found that almost every foundation I try still doesn't have quite the right combination, so I 've ended up combining a few to get as close as I can to my skin tone.

Best of luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing