From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Makeup Is Life

Makeup Is Life

• 78228 Members
  • 6702 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

We're not making this up. The Sephora makeup community is the best place to share makeup questions and get the best insider info on new launches.

We're not making this up. The Sephora makeup community is the best place to share makeup questions and get the best insider info on new launches.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Makeup Is Life
Ambassador Curated
Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023/2024
|
Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023/2024
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: First time out with the Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Blooming Romance - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips . I love it! I ...read more
First time out with the Danessa Myricks Beauty Groundwork: Blooming Romance - Palette For Eyes, Brows, Face & Lips . I love it! I was supposed to get this one from Danessa Myricks since I won the PR list spot at SEPHORiA, but IPS list my package and I wanted this so badly, I bought it at Sephora during the sale. I know I could get this look using other products, but I love how they are all packaged together and they are long lasting. My review on the product page should appear soon.I used this palette for eyes, lips and cheeks, even a touch on brows.  Then I added a gloss on this lip color:  Then I switched up the lip color to a deeper shade and I loved that too!  
Recent images from this conversation
Ambassador Curated
Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge
|
Re: Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Week 16 - The BIC Inspired (Spring Edition) Makeup Capsule and/or The Sephora Spring Savings Makeup Capsule I got a little (read: ...read more
Week 16 - The BIC Inspired (Spring Edition) Makeup Capsule and/or The Sephora Spring Savings Makeup Capsule I got a little (read: A LOT) carried away with pulling products I wanted to use for this week's green theme. I think between Friday night and this morning, I must have put together a few different "green" capsules, with several sub-capsules. By the time I finally made up my mind on the products I wanted to use, I had the makings of 6 capsules from all the products I tossed into my makeup bag for the week - an ample sized green corduroy bag. I really didn't intend to stuff it to the gills, but ... So, I decided the other night to take a different approach to the capsule challenge this week - a little less structured approach. 😰 Rather than try to whittle down and weed out products from this makeup bag (I was too tired that night), I decided I would mix and match products from the bag for a different capsule for almost every day of the week. I have 6 "pre made" capsules from this bag already - pre-made in the sense that I should have 6 different foundations in here to use that I'll focus each day's capsule around - I've tried all of these base products at least a couple of times and most a lot more than that, so I know my skin is good with them. My 7th will probably be based primarily on products I picked up from the Sephora sale - I won't be able to put together a full face but I'll fill in the gaps with other products, "green" or otherwise. Or, maybe I'll just pick my favorite mini capsule of the week to use again. I'm hoping this means that I'll have more declutters, but there's a part of me that thinks that with my luck, I'll end up having zero declutters this week, even with 6 different variations on a "green" capsule. 😂 And there will be different interpretations of "green", be it packaging, color, clean at Sephora, and the one I'm looking most forward to - a capsule of beauties that have left my wallet with a little less green in it! 💸💸💸 Using the good stuff will happen this week, with the special occasion being a day that ends in "y" 😝
STOP SCROLLING
|
Re: STOP SCROLLING
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: I dot the blush onto my face, and then I blend it with a Beauty Blender. If you do not have this product, here is my honest opinio ...read more
I dot the blush onto my face, and then I blend it with a Beauty Blender. If you do not have this product, here is my honest opinion. I love this blush, but a dot makes your cheeks bright red/pink. You have to use small amounts and be careful when applying it. I hope this helped! 💖 Please ask if you have any more questions!
What is the best lip product?
|
Re: What is the best lip product?
NEWCOMER III INSIDER
Reply: Probably the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick Charlotte Darling ...read more
Probably the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips Liquid Lipstick Charlotte Darling
Empties - V2
|
Re: Empties - V2
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @Cissy63 Thank you!  I think it’s good to stick to what works! I checked how many foils I have used this month and it’s only 3 s ...read more
@Cissy63 Thank you! 😊 I think it’s good to stick to what works! I checked how many foils I have used this month and it’s only 3 so I think it’s so true. Using all the foils may be what caused all my issues or maybe it was something else. But I am enjoying my clear skin!!
Fair skin bronzer
|
Re: Fair skin bronzer
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: It’s not at sephora, it’s at ulta, but i think the lightest shade of the new buttermelt bronzers from nyx might be good to try
It’s not at sephora, it’s at ulta, but i think the lightest shade of the new buttermelt bronzers from nyx might be good to try
Ambassador Curated
THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
|
Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Oh yay @makeitup305 ! Also, boo!  ...read more
Oh yay @makeitup305 ! Also, boo! 😭
New Post in Makeup Is Life
Recommendations
Hi I’m new and I’m looking for some recommendations! My budget is 80 dollars and I have oily but sometimes dry skin
Hi I’m new and I’m looking for some recommendations! My budget is 80 dollars and I have oily but sometimes dry skin
What are your favorite products and brands for alternative/goth makeup?
|
Re: What are your favorite products and brands for alternative/goth makeup?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Honestly some of my favorite things for an alternative look, granted I am on the less dramatic side, is probably wet n wild breaku ...read more
Honestly some of my favorite things for an alternative look, granted I am on the less dramatic side, is probably wet n wild breakup proof eyeliner, it's by far the best I've ever tried, then the about face white noise eye paint, and the kvd lipsticks or the nyx XXL lingerie. They're so good! Also recently I've been dabbling with the sephora brand liqiud lips because of the variety of it. I think some of these items are better found at an ulta.
Ambassador Curated
Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!
|
Re: Makeup Madness Challenge 2024 – CHAMPION REVEALED: Check out Community's favorite product!
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @fatimamummy You are so right. The SC Blush Brush is so soft with an excellent angle. I use it more than any other cheek brush I h ...read more
@fatimamummy You are so right. The SC Blush Brush is so soft with an excellent angle. I use it more than any other cheek brush I have. 🖌️ 💖 SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Blush Brush #93
97,774 Posts