Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life

Tips for getting out the door quicker?

What are your tips, hacks or go-to’s which help you save time and get out the door quicker in a morning? Curious to learn and hear! 😊

Re: Tips for getting out the door quicker?

In a pinch, after prepping skin/brows, I pick one area that's quick but packs a lot of focus/drama.

Graphic eyeliner - it's my go-to look and I draw a cat eye almost daily so it's very quick and easy for me. Just two fat swipes with an eyeliner pen, curl lashes, mascara and then lips can be a quick swipe of gloss. If that's too difficult, you can replace the cat eye with lining the waterline for quick, dramatic eyes. This is even easier!

Bold lips - Curl lashes, mascara + a very bright lip can make for a glam look but you've spent less time than a no-makeup look. I just line the lips, fill them in and rub lipstick in on top, blot.

Rosy cheeks - Curl lashes + mascara, swipe of lip gloss and bright cheeks can be an easy/fresh look

If I have time though, I get around to all three areas (eyes, lips, cheeks), prime, use eye shadow, multiple products per area, and so on

I sometimes use my blush as I would a bronzer for contouring my cheeks. Mood Exposure is great for this but seems like several variations could do. Also use josie maran enlightening drops in foundation so don't have to highlight. 

@Carrielfr go with an easy neutral look that only requires 1 to 2 eyeshadow shades, brows, mascara, lipgloss, blush. Cut down on what may take you the longest or what you could do without. 

Hi @Carrielfr ,

Great thread! 🙂 When I'm really crunched for time, I set a timer on my phone (usually 10-12 mins) and prop it up in front of myself so I can watch it counting down while I do my makeup. This reminds me to keep it moving instead of getting too carried away on any one part of my routine. 

I also only reach for my most tried and true, reliable products (Fenty Beauty foundation + primer, Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara, Hoola Bronzer, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz). 

Best,

Laurie 

@Carrielfr I agree that having everything you need in one place is essential for saving time. My everyday makeup bag: tinted brow gel, brown eyeliner, eyeshadow stick, two mascaras (one waterproof), eyelash curler, concealer, skin tint, powder foundation, tinted lip balm. I don't necessarily use all of these every day, but it's almost everything I typically use in a week. I change out my eyeshadow palettes based on how I'm feeling, and I keep a few different lipsticks in my work bag. 

In terms of specific products, eyeshadow sticks are definitely my favorite time-savers. Swipe one all over the lid, blend the edge with a fluffy brush, and done! Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, and Sephora Collection are my favorites. 

@Carrielfr I think having everything in one place, accessible and ready to use is important. I also think having a go-to look that is easy and fast for you to execute is important. I hope this helps!

Best,

Rebecca

I shower at night and let my hair air dry overnight so that I just need to add a bit of curl in the morning.  I also lay out the makeup and skincare that I'm using in the morning so I don't need to dig for anything in the morning this way. 

I also check my briefcase at night to make sure it's good to go for the morning and pre pack my lunch if I'm taking one.  Breakfast is always done on the way to work.

@Carrielfr I've learned to sharpened my pencils at night!

@Carrielfr If I'm in a hurry, I only use the products that have the most impact--tinted moisturizer, mascara, concealer, blush, lipstick. Products with multiple uses are definitely helpful, like a tinted moisturizer or BB cream since they have a little color and sunscreen. Also, multi sticks. I love ILIA - Multi-Stick and NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 St. Moritz

@Carrielfr  The biggest thing that has helped me is to have my collection completely organized. Now that I know where everything is it saves a lot of time.

Pick out your absolute essentials. If you have a day that you are cut for time, and have a routine that you can follow quickly it makes being on time much easier. 

For example, on a normal day (going to school or work) I do foundation, mascara, and chap stick/lip tint. Those are my three musts if I'm going to attempt makeup on a time crunch. Really it's just about finding a quick and easy routine that works for you.

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 31 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing