Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Those to DIE for

What are your favorite steps of your makeup routine and which product(s) do you love to use? 🖤

Re: Those to DIE for

@KenzieMae101 I'll exclude all skincare, including sunscreen (even tinted ones). I'll also tag a few of my favorite shades of these products—well, the ones Sephora sells. 

Lipstick is my absolute favorite, even though I don't wear it away from home anymore (no point in doing it while also wearing a mask). Whenever someone asks what my favorite lipsticks are, I give a loooong list because I can't pick just 1 or 2 favorites from my hoard. But let's see if I can narrow it down to a handful of favorite lipstick lines: 

Spoiler
  • Lancome L'Absolu Lacquer 
  • Pat McGrath Labs LuxeTrance, MatteTrance, Lip Fetish Balm, and BlitzTrance (2nd generation BlitzTrances perform better than 1st gens) 
  • NARS Audacious and Powermatte 
  • Guerlain Rouge G 
  • ColourPop Lux Creme and Matte (though they keep reducing the fun color range) 
  • Fenty Mattemoiselle 
  • MAC Liptensity, which was discontinued last year for some ridiculous reason 
  • Uoma Black Magic and Badass Icon 

I'll stop the list there. 😂 Oh, and I have to mention lip liners, even though I use them only with liquid mattes (which I don't frequently wear), glosses (except Lancome L'Absolu Laquers), and any lipstick that bleeds/feathers a lot. My favorite lip liners are Pat McGrath Labs gel pencils, which do not budge once applied. I also love lip pencils by MAC and NARS, and Make Up For Ever's Artist Color Pencils are a fun color range I can use as lip liners. 

Brow pencil is the one makeup item I never leave home without. I always use Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil Automatique: it's a drier formula than most brow pencils, and the shade Black Tea is my perfect color match. Once in a while, I'll detail my sparse brow tails with MAC Shape + Shade, using only the brush end of the pencil. (I never use the powder end.) 

Eyeliners get lots of use—moreso than eyeshadows. I just tried some of the new MUFE Aqua Resist pencil liners and love 'em. I also love Chantecaille Luster Glide Silk Infused eyeliners, Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel, and Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion liners. 

Blush is always fun for me. My absolute favorites are NARS powder blushes: they perform wonderfully and wear a long time. I also love Glossier Cloud Paint for a very natural flushed look, though they don't wear as long. Natasha Denona also makes some beautiful blushes. And when I find shades of Hourglass blush that actually show up on my skin tone, I love 'em. 

Finishing powders are something I don't use everyday, but I do love to apply them. My favorites are Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. In the pre-pandemic days, I often used one to brighten the center of my face. (I never use concealer for that.) Actually, the powder I used for that is an Hourglass Strobe Lighting Blush. 

Makeup brushes are my guilty pleasure, especially handmade Japanese brushes—and most especially face brushes. Chikuhodo makes my favorite powder and cheek brushes. Their Z-4 cheek brush is my precious baby for blush and highlighter. I recently bought a KZ-2 (Homare series) cheek brush and I'm already in love with it: crazy soft, with enough size and splay to create a beautifully diffused wash of blush. I do also love various eyeshadow brushes, particularly those with small heads that can easily get into the corners and crevices of my hooded eyes. I'm a big fan of pencil and liner brushes: I love some of Chikuhodo's, but I also Koyudo's Yoshiki-004 and 005 for precision work. I love all my Sonia G eyeshadow brushes. One of my favorite eye shaders is my 30 year old MAC 144 (the 239S is its synthetic replacement). And my favorite synthetic eye brushes are made by Luxie. 

I have a love/hate relationship with my brows.  Favorite Brow products are #KVD Vegan Beauty Super Pomade Vegan Eyeliner, Shadow & Brow Pigment Dark Brown and Velour Lashes Fluff'n Brow Pencil - 3-in-1 Brow Pencil and Balm Dark Brown 

I enjoy the skincare part, particularly applying belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb 1.68 oz/ 50 mL 

Love applying and layering blush, highlighters and bronzers.  Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 10 Rosé Latte , Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer 05 Teddy Marc Jacobs Beauty O!Mega Glaze All-Over Foil Luminizer – Lust and Stardust Collection Jet Girl FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil Cognac Candy  and Becca Tigerlily are some faves

@KenzieMae101 Highlighter, blush and lipgloss

becca champagne pop highlighter

chantecaille emotion blush
pat mcgrath lipgloss in flesh fantasy and dare to bare 

@KenzieMae101 

I love eyeshadow the best!  It's my favorite way of adding a pop of color to my face.

These are some of my favorite makeup products:

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing