Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The One Palette Challenge

Palette Challenge Photo_Katie and Brenda holding eye palettes showing swatches.jpg

Who convinces themselves they need every palette out there… Especially when it’s versatile and can be used for both neutral and va-va-VOOM glamazon looks? *raises hand*

Who also has a tendency of buying a new palette, consistently using it for two weeks, and getting distracted by another product, abandoning their new friend OR just gets lazy with their eyeshadow game? *aggressively waves both hands in the air* *starts jumping up and down while waving*

If you can identify with any of the above, we have a challenge for you! We challenge you to dig into your beauty stash and pick out one palette that is extremely versatile. The goal is to use it daily or simply on the days your wear makeup… Up to you and your lifestyle! What we want to see are the different types of looks you can create or descriptions of the looks if you’re short on time or cannot find the right lighting. (A recurring dilemma in my life!)

The looks can be simple or intricate, how you play is up to you! Be sure to leave a comment to share the palette you’re focusing on. As far as updates, please track your progress throughout the week as many times are you're able to. We will try to devote ourselves to one palette for one and, if we aren’t having commitment issues, we can keep the challenge going!

I am going to be using my new obsession, the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasy™ Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit. The six-pan palette in this kit offers everyday neutral shades, a range of light and dark shimmers, and the kit comes with a gorgeous crystalline pigment for a pop of glam. @BrendaBT will use the beautiful Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette @LexBT will be using CHARLOTTE TILBURY - The Icon Eyeshadow Palette, and @RebeccaBT will be trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Metallic Pigment Palette.

Will you join us on this challenge? Which palette will you pick?!

P.S. If you end up hitting pan on your palette don't forget to share your progress on the ever-popular Pan It! Challenge lead by the lovely @ElleElleG here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2019-Challenge/m-p/4347876

Tags:

Re: The One Palette Challenge

This week I'm using the Laura Mercier Artist palette.  Yesterday I went purple, today it was brown.

@Titian06  I’ve had that palette for years now and still have never reached for it. I’m going to have to reconsider now that this challenge has started 😊

@Titian06 Love that palette! Such a fun one 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

Anonymous Insider

You have some great makeup palettes, especially that big one with all the eye shadows, lip glosses and other items all in one huge kit. HOWEVER, one huge flaw of this product is that the shadows, glosses and other items can't be popped out individually to put in your purse. So, that means that if you put on gloss from the palette in the morning you can't refresh it later in the day. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $10 for the ability to pop out each of the items in the palette to bring them with me on trips or to the office. That simple ability to pop out the individual items and put them in a purse would greatly increase the value of this product.

RE: The One Palette Challenge

Eyeshadow palettes are my weakness! 😩😩😩

Dominique Cosmetics Latte Palette

GORGEOUS! 🔥 @mariesanc21

GORGEOUS! 🔥 @mariesanc21

I love my Bobbi Brown BOBBI BROWN - Molten Drama Eyeshadow Palette

It's extremely versatile and i love all of the colors. It goes on well and stays on well. There are instructions on the Sephora website for how to use it. I haven't hit pan yet but I'm sure I will soon!

I couldn't stay away from Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palettefor long! Bottom row yesterday (Sculpture, Tor, Spot, Tusk), top row today (Freckle, Prairie, Cocoa, Rustic). 

EDIT: Womp womp, no picture! I can't do anything on the mobile site without being re-routed to the app, which I don't use because it's so buggy for me. 

I'm joining this challenge super late. But, it sounds super fun. I am going to choose NORVINA bc I loved it sooo much and had to have. Now I use it for one colour. See y'all tomorrow lovelies

Today I used the KVD Matte + Metal palette.  It wasn't what I was planning to use; it just worked out that way.  Since I don't use it that often, it will be my palette for this week.

The Dior Cool Palette is my current Go To. Colors are perfect, size is just right and shadows are super high quality. Great Color Load and little fall out. I'm a Cool toned redhead with Strawberry blonde hair, green eyes and freckles on fair skin.
Anonymous Insider

Love Dior! Rich, long-lasting eye shadows. I currently use Expose High Fidelity  palette and its looks so good! I do have olive skin tone , which makes them stand out more. 

Can y'all be any cuter?! I think not 😉

I think I need to do the opposite of this challenge lol. I keep going back to the same palettes over and over again, then neglecting everything else. All these Biba palette swatches are giving me major FOMO for not picking it up during the sale 😮 

Today I used colors from the MUFE Let's Gold palette and ABH Modern Renaissance palette.  I don't know why I bought that palette!  It just doesn't work for me (except for the three light shades that I can use for highlighting).  😄

I only use the cool toned shades and the shimmers in my MR palette @Titian06 lol. The other shades don't work for me either!

I feel the need to own every Anastasia Beverley Hills eyeshadow palette. I’m just missing Soft Glam and it’s hard not to purchase it just to have a nice set!

Re: RE: The One Palette Challenge

Soft Glam is such a beautiful palette, I don't think you'd regret adding it to your collection @ElizabethABH !

I switched palettes.  The two palettes I ordered came yesterday, so the rest of this week, I'm using ND No. 2.  Next week I'll start using MUFE Let''s Gold.

Day 7? Same thing as yesterday but I added black eyeliner

IMG_20190426_094550274.jpg

@itscarin totally changes the look

1,289 Replies
testing