Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The One Palette Challenge

Palette Challenge Photo_Katie and Brenda holding eye palettes showing swatches.jpg

Who convinces themselves they need every palette out there… Especially when it’s versatile and can be used for both neutral and va-va-VOOM glamazon looks? *raises hand*

Who also has a tendency of buying a new palette, consistently using it for two weeks, and getting distracted by another product, abandoning their new friend OR just gets lazy with their eyeshadow game? *aggressively waves both hands in the air* *starts jumping up and down while waving*

If you can identify with any of the above, we have a challenge for you! We challenge you to dig into your beauty stash and pick out one palette that is extremely versatile. The goal is to use it daily or simply on the days your wear makeup… Up to you and your lifestyle! What we want to see are the different types of looks you can create or descriptions of the looks if you’re short on time or cannot find the right lighting. (A recurring dilemma in my life!)

The looks can be simple or intricate, how you play is up to you! Be sure to leave a comment to share the palette you’re focusing on. As far as updates, please track your progress throughout the week as many times are you're able to. We will try to devote ourselves to one palette for one and, if we aren’t having commitment issues, we can keep the challenge going!

I am going to be using my new obsession, the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasy™ Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit. The six-pan palette in this kit offers everyday neutral shades, a range of light and dark shimmers, and the kit comes with a gorgeous crystalline pigment for a pop of glam. @BrendaBT will use the beautiful Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette @LexBT will be using CHARLOTTE TILBURY - The Icon Eyeshadow Palette, and @RebeccaBT will be trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Metallic Pigment Palette.

Will you join us on this challenge? Which palette will you pick?!

P.S. If you end up hitting pan on your palette don't forget to share your progress on the ever-popular Pan It! Challenge lead by the lovely @ElleElleG here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2019-Challenge/m-p/4347876

Tags:

Re: The One Palette Challenge

@itscarin I love how liner can change a look. 

Week 2, Day 2: TOO FACED - Just Peachy Velvet Matte Eyeshadow Palette – Peaches and Cream Collection

Shades used: Peach Meringue and Peach Tea

Inner corner highlight: E.L.F Coffee and Cream (?) highlight compact

EC32FBF4-D989-4D7F-8CB5-8ACDEFBA4F96.jpeg

48A40B2F-97D0-4C57-9BD7-2E6191661B2C.jpeg

@gonerogue another great look. 

IMG_20190424_084547850.jpg

Modern Renaissance palette day 5: antique bronze.  I never use this color.  Never.  So today I figured I'd step outside my comfort zone and use this and pale dusty maybe color which I also never use.  

@itscarin I love those 2 shades on you. 

@itscarin   That shade really brings out your eyes!

Hi, all!  Thought I'd drop a note that I'm still playing along.  For those who don't know me, I don't post pics of myself for privacy reasons.  This week I'm using the ABH Soft Glam palette.

I don't have a lot of eye looks.  I'm not very good at that.  What this challenge does do is make me use colors from the palette that I don't normally use.  This in itself gives me a new/different eye look.

Since I no longer lead the lifestyle I formerly did - for many a good reason, I should add, BUT that (NOW, anyway, it didn't seem so at the time!) USED to be an "exciting going out life at chic rooftop hotel openings and such in Chicago, and mas..."; younger, crazier, ETC...use your imag.; anyway, I am BORING now...anyone really KNOW ABOUT SOME GOOD PALETTES/DOING THIS...HERE'S THE KEY: AND....NOT think every 40 yr old who DOES look like her photo (I snapped it around my block walking one time, no biggie done with it), but sans each day wearing the same sweater that's in the photo, is no fun anymore? I would like to LEARN some fun tricks; I used to have my work and "going out" routines D.O.W.N, but I've had to switch products, upgrading as I go, and I probably don't have the interesting things many of you have, ESP shadow-wise, as skin care/base, etc has been my main concern first. I would love to meet up with someone who is normal enuf - won't kill me or judge me; yet is also weird enuf- b/c what's fun if you can't "be weird," as boring ppl are wont to say; artistic perhaps; intellectual?! THIS REALLY IS NOT A PERSONAL AD FOR A FRIEND, I SWEAR...well, not intentionally, anyway. Just a "makeup buddy" for fun...warm weather is UPON US...and I need to get in shape. but that's neither here nor there. I am SO bored without cool female ladies and my male friends who sometimes identified as ladies...I care NOT; just be fun b/c you're kind, have an open mind, and PALETTE ME, .....(whoops! I can't use that last intended word, which I MEANT IN A FUN/FUNNY WAY, BTW...NO DISRESPECT INTENDED...I've not been sleeping well for all natural reasons, but am happy my vape is still as trusty as ever. So, BASICALLY, MY RAMBLING...IF IT DIDN'T ANNOY THE WHATNOT OUT OF YA ALREADY....we MAY have a thing or two in common...at LEAST some insomnia, no??! I just put things out there...with care and courtesy of/for others, of course...but w/ regards to me; I've seen it all and have done more than halvsies, I'd guess, but I don't know how the Mills and the...what're you new gens called? I honestly have been too wrapped up in my non-commercial, very-choosy about what soc media I allow into my "personal bubble" of late, and I love COLOR! Can there be teams? I'm a fanTASTIC...witness to your genius; muse for more ideas, brush washer if nothing else? Just an idea...been up a while w/ (non-drunken, etc!!) insomnia, so bear with my ADDity. I sure hope I don't regret writing this. Sorry if I freak any squeamish girlies away; didn't mean to! 🙂 btw, my name is NOT JOY...just initials...had to clear that up...so much so I neglected grammar and punctuation TERRIBLY. thx!

Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g

Shades-Wanderlust all over the lids, Jet on the outer corner of the lids, and Big Sky and Radio mixed together on the center of the lid, blended with Weekender, Riff, Baja and inner and under brow bone highlight is Stranded and Blaze.  Whatever I applied on the lid I applied exactly on the lower lash line. 

0B95E0BB-1C1A-4572-B70D-0C4D5A9BE5C5.jpeg

1397FAFE-5AA7-480B-9D4B-FAF0F88CAABE.jpeg

this is so beautiful @SportyGirly125

this is so beautiful @SportyGirly125

Re: this is so beautiful @SportyGirly125

@lmaster Thank you. 😊

Day 2: HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette

Today I went simple with just a wash of the glitter shade ‘Crave’ all over my lids. The color is a beautiful peachy, pink sheen that almost looks holographic. This picture doesn’t do the color justice but it’s hard to capture at 6am when there’s no daylight 🙈2E5FD4DE-37FB-4251-AA7F-2CFF828349C5.jpeg

@gonerogue  I love both looks you created with this palette so far. Just amazing!

very pretty @gonerogue

very pretty @gonerogue

That sounds interesting. I’m lately stuck with the routine of wearing single shadow or two at most which are mostly singles. My palettes haven’t gotten much love lately. I think it is a good excuse to break the routine.

I’ll start with Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

@fatimamummy  Great choice! Can't wait to see your looks 🙂

For this week I’m going to use Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

Monday-Retro, Reputation, and Blur.

Tuesday-Distilled, Bucked, and Blur.

@KatieBT  Ahhhhh, this post seems directed right at me with my two week max palette obsessions😂. Um, I don’t even know where to start!  I think I may just close my eyes and reach for something! I can commit to one palette a week!  

Aaaaaand the winner this week is..... the Natasha Denona Tropic palette.  Okay.  I can’t wait to get started tomorrow morning:) 

this sounds fun! @KatieBT I don't know how long I can commit to just one palette 😂

It's a fun and challenging thing to do. I've been working on one palette at a time this year. It's great to see what colors you have and what works and doesn't.

*Sighs* Yep I too shamefully raise my hand "I am a palette junkie" I see it, I like it, I buy it, swatch it, AND put it away. I own every Juvia's Place, Huda, Too Faced, DC the list goes on. Holding out for the VIB to grab the UD on the Run and that will be my One Pallete Challenge choice...Thanks for setting up the challenge.
1,289 Replies
testing