Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The One Palette Challenge

Palette Challenge Photo_Katie and Brenda holding eye palettes showing swatches.jpg

Who convinces themselves they need every palette out there… Especially when it’s versatile and can be used for both neutral and va-va-VOOM glamazon looks? *raises hand*

Who also has a tendency of buying a new palette, consistently using it for two weeks, and getting distracted by another product, abandoning their new friend OR just gets lazy with their eyeshadow game? *aggressively waves both hands in the air* *starts jumping up and down while waving*

If you can identify with any of the above, we have a challenge for you! We challenge you to dig into your beauty stash and pick out one palette that is extremely versatile. The goal is to use it daily or simply on the days your wear makeup… Up to you and your lifestyle! What we want to see are the different types of looks you can create or descriptions of the looks if you’re short on time or cannot find the right lighting. (A recurring dilemma in my life!)

The looks can be simple or intricate, how you play is up to you! Be sure to leave a comment to share the palette you’re focusing on. As far as updates, please track your progress throughout the week as many times are you're able to. We will try to devote ourselves to one palette for one and, if we aren’t having commitment issues, we can keep the challenge going!

I am going to be using my new obsession, the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasy™ Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit. The six-pan palette in this kit offers everyday neutral shades, a range of light and dark shimmers, and the kit comes with a gorgeous crystalline pigment for a pop of glam. @BrendaBT will use the beautiful Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette @LexBT will be using CHARLOTTE TILBURY - The Icon Eyeshadow Palette, and @RebeccaBT will be trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Metallic Pigment Palette.

Will you join us on this challenge? Which palette will you pick?!

P.S. If you end up hitting pan on your palette don't forget to share your progress on the ever-popular Pan It! Challenge lead by the lovely @ElleElleG here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2019-Challenge/m-p/4347876

Tags:

awesome look!

awesome look!

Re: The One Palette Challenge

Wow @BrennaBombshell 

This is an amazing look! I am loving all of the blue! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@BrennaBombshell So gorgeous! Love all the blue 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

I would never have known this was a disappointment @BrennaBombshell as you make it look so good. Love the shades of blue and bringing the color to your lips as well.

@sprocketta thank you so much! I've just found it hard to get any pigment out of it (I know, I know, it looks really vibrant but hear me out), and I've actually had to use an adhesive designed for chunky glitter and then I packed the shadows on top. The lips were a heavy amount of lip gloss first, then gently patting the shadow all over. Lots of fallout, as well. I really do like the amount of colors, and some of the shadows are fantastic, but I was a bit underwhelmed. 🙂 

Happy Friday everyone! I went a little more dramatic (ok, dramatic for me) with my trusty NATASHA DENONA - Eyeshadow Palette 5 and I'm really happy with the result!

ND_5.jpg

ND_4.jpg

For this look, I started with a wash of Light Coral all over, blended Shell from the middle of my eye outward, then added Maroon along my lash line and in the outer corner, and finished with black liner and mascara.

What a cute look, @StephanieBT ! I LOVE your hair! The colourful ombre is so pretty. 

@StephanieBT Loving this look on you! So gorgeous! 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you! 😄

I love your whole makeup look, and your blush looks very fresh on you!  @StephanieBT 

Thank you @l8totheparty ! I'm wearing one of my all-time favorite blushes: STILA - Convertible Color - Lillium

@StephanieBT so pretty. 

Thank you @SportyGirly125 ! 🙂

that's just so beautiful @StephanieBT

that's just so beautiful @StephanieBT

Re: that's just so beautiful @StephanieBT

@lmaster awww thank you so much! You are too kind.

Beautiful look @StephanieBT  I gotta try something similar to this either with ABH soft glam or PM 6 pan palette. 

Thank you @naturalooks15 ! I think both of those palettes would be great for a look like this.

I wore this look out to a friend's birthday using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Eyeshadow Palette

I used the bronze shade in the inner corner of the eye and then deepened my crease with the rustic and cyprus umber shades. I also used the fairy shade as a brow highlight. The only thing missing from this look is mascara (who forgets mascara, me?!), so here are my naked lashes. Next time, I will remember to use my WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara.

Capture.PNG

You look gorgeous, @PenelopeBT ! I am also guilty of forgetting mascara at times haha 🙈 

So pretty @PenelopeBT !

you look so beautiful @PenelopeBT

you look so beautiful @PenelopeBT
11 Replies
testing