Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The One Palette Challenge

Palette Challenge Photo_Katie and Brenda holding eye palettes showing swatches.jpg

Who convinces themselves they need every palette out there… Especially when it’s versatile and can be used for both neutral and va-va-VOOM glamazon looks? *raises hand*

Who also has a tendency of buying a new palette, consistently using it for two weeks, and getting distracted by another product, abandoning their new friend OR just gets lazy with their eyeshadow game? *aggressively waves both hands in the air* *starts jumping up and down while waving*

If you can identify with any of the above, we have a challenge for you! We challenge you to dig into your beauty stash and pick out one palette that is extremely versatile. The goal is to use it daily or simply on the days your wear makeup… Up to you and your lifestyle! What we want to see are the different types of looks you can create or descriptions of the looks if you’re short on time or cannot find the right lighting. (A recurring dilemma in my life!)

The looks can be simple or intricate, how you play is up to you! Be sure to leave a comment to share the palette you’re focusing on. As far as updates, please track your progress throughout the week as many times are you're able to. We will try to devote ourselves to one palette for one and, if we aren’t having commitment issues, we can keep the challenge going!

I am going to be using my new obsession, the PAT MCGRATH LABS - Eye Ecstasy™ Eyeshadow & Mascara Kit. The six-pan palette in this kit offers everyday neutral shades, a range of light and dark shimmers, and the kit comes with a gorgeous crystalline pigment for a pop of glam. @BrendaBT will use the beautiful Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette @LexBT will be using CHARLOTTE TILBURY - The Icon Eyeshadow Palette, and @RebeccaBT will be trying the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Metallic Pigment Palette.

Will you join us on this challenge? Which palette will you pick?!

P.S. If you end up hitting pan on your palette don't forget to share your progress on the ever-popular Pan It! Challenge lead by the lovely @ElleElleG here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Pan-It-2019-Challenge/m-p/4347876

Tags:

Re: The One Palette Challenge

I'm trying to use up a bunch of older palettes...  But the challenge is on.  I'm waiting until the Rouge sale and I'll buy the Naked 3 and join in.  🙂

@KatieBT - This sounds like fun.  This week I'm going to use ABH Subculture.

@KatieBT Ooo thanks for setting up a Palette-A-Week challenge!

For this week's PAW, I'll be focusing on ABH's Subculture palette. Despite it having mixed reviews, I don't have trouble using it (I pack the shadow onto my eye and blend out the edges) and I love the color story.  

(My last week's PAW was the UD Naked 1 palette)

Day 1

Sephora_PAW_Subculture01.PNG

1. Dawn - Set eyeshadow primer all over lid

2. Mercury - Gently pack/blend in crease

3. Edge - Pack on inner to middle of lid

4. Axis - Pack on outer lid and blend out edges

5. Electric - Use finger to tap onto middle of lid

Day 2

Dawn - all over lid

Fudge - crease

Day 3

Dawn - all over lid

Roxy - crease

All Star - outer lid

I used to need every new too faced and urban decay palette that came out until Too Faced changed my life with the Pretty Rich palette. I haven't used anyother eyeshadow or palette since I bought it in December.

@KatieBT   Oh this will be fun. I have so many palettes but I’ll start small with tarte Tartelette™ Tease 6 x 0.03 oz/ 0.85 g

@KatieBT if I could pick one out of my stash I could do a different look with it would be Urban Decay Born To Run Eyeshadow Palette 21 x 0.02 oz/ 0.80 g

This seems like a super fun challenge. I don't have very many palettes, but I have been wanting to use Subculture more and have some fun with it. How long will this challenge be going?

@ChescaCat I love Subculture and it's color story!

Oh, this sounds fun! I need to wait for my lids to heal (DE Pekee Bar beat me up :() before I can wear any shadows, and I’ll be in the middle of the sea a week from now—so it’ll probably be May before I can participate. But I wanna try! 

At least I’ll have time to pick a palette. I could choose Juvia’s Place Masquerade, giving me 16 shades to work with. Or I could really push myself with a much smaller palette, like a Natasha Denona 5-pan (number 5, actually) or one of the Pat McGrath MTHRSHP 6-pans (I’d probably pick Bronze Temptation or La Vie en Rose). ND Mini Lila would be fun. Viseart Editorial Brights is all mattes but I could add some shimmer with eyeliners. Viseart Golden Hour may be more versatile than it looks. (I got it in my Beautylish Lucky Bag but haven’t used it much yet.) Hmm... I’ll pick a palette from one of those I mentioned. 🙂 

Can’t wait to see what y’all come up with using your chosen palettes! 

testing