Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Hermès Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hermès! While Sephora doesn't carry the makeup line (maybe one day??), that doesn't stop us from wanting these pretties in our collections 😉 

hermeslip.pnghermesbrush.pnghermesblush.png

Tags:

Re: The Hermès Thread

Well drats @ChristalM @Titian06 @itsfi looking at Lexi Jong’s swatches and they’re quite saturated and good. 😭 They look great on her! 💞

@Sunnysmom - Looking at her video, they remind me a lot of PAT McGRATH LABS SatinAllure™ Lipstick .  I'm sticking with my decision not to buy.  I agree, they do look much better than I was expecting!

Yes @Titian06 that is a great point that @WinglessOne also mentioned I believe. 😊 I do have it so I need to find it and use it! 🤗💞 Could actually also be similar to Chanel’s Coco Blooms- Wild or Surprise . I’ll check mine out and see how they may compare. 

@Sunnysmom - You're right, @WinglessOne did make that comparison!  Thanks for mentioning.  You know me, always trying to cheat people out of the recognition they deserve! 🤣

Oh sure yes @Titian06 that’s so you. Lol 🙄🤣😘 Never. That just came to me from a convo we had. Lol

@Sunnysmom @Titian06  Nah, you’re both good there: I compared one of the new shades, Prunoir, to Pat’s Lip Fetish Balm shade Dark Romance. 😉 I still think Dark Romance may be more pigmented than Prunoir, so I still plan to pass on it and the other new Hermes lipsticks. These Hermes shades would need to have an amazingly great formula to make me consider purchasing at over $70 USD each (or using enough Nordy Notes to get ‘em) since I already have comfy Pat McGrath tinted balms I’m confident are very similar shades. 

@WinglessOne @Titian06 That’s why I’m struggling with resisting Abysse as it’s more of a deep red burgundy I’m always so drawn to and Dark Romance isn’t quite that vs more similar to Prunoir as you mention Wingless. Ugh. It’s truly sad the amount these guys are charging for a darn lip anymore even with the so called artistic element to the cases etc etc! 😭 I’m over that! ( Well, except Chanel and that’s too dumb too even tho I did succumb! Lol) More about the quality of the lip! (Sorry, soapbox!! 🤣

@Sunnysmom  Rouge Abysse looks similar to Pat’s Lip Fetish Balm shade Ultra Vixen (one of my faves) or Dark Devotion (exact match of my bottom lip coloring). I think Dark Devotion leans more rosy berry though. And knowing how my natural lip coloring affects sheer shades, I think Rouge Abysse would end up looking like an Ultra Vixen dupe on me. Your results may vary, of course. 🙂 I do wish Hermes would sell these new shades as a refill option instead of forcing folks to also buy the new cases. If I could get one as just a refill minus the case, then I’d be more tempted to find out for myself if Rouge Abysse is close to anything in my current hoard. 

🤔 ok @WinglessOne I’m going to do some sleuthing and digging in my stash as well. I so agree with you on the refills. It’s nice if someone wants the “special” case but most of us just want the lip and refill at this point! Of course it makes them more money but still… grr. Let’s face it, we know almost all lips are dupes of each other! 🥹😂

@Sunnysmom I KNOW RIGHT. I saw that and went DAMN...now I am confused 🙂 I have not seen swatches of the third one yet...

@ChristalM @Sunnysmom, the 3rd shade is now available thru Selfridges.

@itsfi oh thanks!

Thanks @itsfi ! It’s so painful to me to order from those guys! Think I did the one time ship fee and I haven’t done it since! Are you planning on trying any of these new shades? I am hoping to see in person soon! 

Yup I know @ChristalM !! 😭 I’m weakening. Is that a word lol. It seems like the 3rd shade is the elusive one so far as per @itsfi also. Think she said it wasn’t appearing yet. 

Interesting @ChristalM.  I suppose “lip veil, translucent, luminous, shiny” are our clues as we see the pics but I was still pretty surprised. I def think I need to see these in person before pulling any ordering trigger fingers! 

@Sunnysmom @ChristalM - They look like shiny lip balms on the models on the Hermes website. 🤨

I know @Titian06 ! I was pretty surprised to see that! What you thinking. Trying one? I can’t decide. A hefty little bit of change for a shiny lip unless the shift on it is super unique?! Could be? 🤷🏻‍♀️

@Sunnysmom - No, $78 for a lip balm is not on. 🤑  I'd rather save the $$$ for later this year. 😁

Sadly I do agree @Titian06 , that’s just a lot. 😢 Even with a promo somewhere. I’d rather have a more pigmented lip from them tho this is a cool idea. 

A few of the new lip releases in Vigne and Figue included with new Cuivre blush. The lip satin formula feels improved which I love. 

IMG_7988.jpeg

Spoiler
IMG_7917.jpegCuivreCuivre

Buddy is photobombing? Such a character!  Beautiful swatches!  @Sunnysmom 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos85
  • hermeslip.png
  • hermesbrush.png
  • hermesblush.png
  • Hermes.jpg