Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Hermès Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hermès! While Sephora doesn't carry the makeup line (maybe one day??), that doesn't stop us from wanting these pretties in our collections 😉 

hermeslip.pnghermesbrush.pnghermesblush.png

Tags:

Re: The Hermès Thread

It would have been fabulous if all 3 turned out to be phenomenal @Titian06, but 2 out of 3 is great. I’m hoping that perhaps the blending brush may soften a bit with more use and cleaning. A long shot but remaining hopeful. 🤞🏼 

They’re so beautiful @itsfi ! I like the looks of the center brush. That’s the shader correct? 

Yep, that’s the shader brush @Sunnysmom. It’s so beautifully soft, but I can still get a good application of color with it. 

I do enjoy the blush brush and smaller précis as well but was hoping to ignore these @itsfi ! 😂 I will try and unsee them. The brow brush sounds great! Wasn’t expecting to hear that either! Enjoy them. 💞

@Sunnysmom, I don't know if it was because I had lower expectations for it, but that brow / liner brush really wowed me. It stole the show.

This is such a cute brush set @itsfi . Do you love them in action? 

There are some hits and misses with these Hermes eye brushes @blackkitty2014.

All are made in France and all are aesthetically beautiful. 😍 They are all made of goat hair, with the shader brush consisting of a blend of goat hair and synthetic fibers.

The blender brush is the miss for me. It’s not bad per se and it should work for most people. My eyelids lean on the more sensitive side and the bristles on this one can be slightly scratchy when I use it with a windshield wiper motion in my crease. It’s okay when I use it to apply a quick wash of color but the back and forth motion in my crease is a little too much, for me. So for those with sensitive skin, this might be one to skip.

The shader brush, on the other hand, is really soft & does a lovely job of depositing color on my lids. 😍Feels very nice going on the lids

The brush I’m most impressed with and  surprised by is the brow/liner brush. I typically pass on this type of brush when they’re sold individually. They’re usually more on the stiff side. I would use them more for tight-lining than for brows and I have a tried-and-true brush for that functionality. But for whatever reason, I decided to pick up this one from Hermes and I do not regret it in the least! It’s soft!!! 🥰 Not so much that it’s unwieldy but it’s not stiff like most brushes in this category and shape.

It’s also made of goat hair. I was surprised by that as I assumed it would be synthetic fibers - I mean, I probably should have read the product description more carefully in that regard. In any case, a great, great brush! It may what motivates me to line my eyes more with something other than a liquid eyeliner. That says something.

TL;DR: Overall, I’m glad I picked up all three. The shader and liner brush will be put to the most use. I’ll use the blending brush as well but sparingly; at some point it will likely serve as a pretty prop for photos, but after I feel like I’ve gotten my money’s worth from it. Until then, it’ll be used for a quick and soft wash of color or for popping a shadow in the outer V or in the middle of the lid, but not for blending in the crease.

Oh thank you so much for such a detailed review @itsfi I might need the shader and eyeliner brushes in my wish list then ❤️🌹🥰

I think Santa should bring you one of each @blackkitty2014, and the blender brush so you can try it for yourself. 🎁 Maybe you should help Santa shop for you this year. 😆 It’s all for research, of course. 

Okie in case someone wants to see the blue. Here it is . The top 4 are Hermes swatch the TF Gran Paradise then TF Lumiete D” Hiver. Of all the shades in the Hermes quad, the vibrant blue is the most disappointing shade (not as pigmented as the other 3) but it is buildabke. And @itsfi was right. The darkest blue and the brown won’t budge, I really like the brown. It’s a great color

IMG_0006.jpegIMG_0004.jpeg

Oh, that dark blue looks beautiful @blackkitty2014 💙 And now I want the Tom Ford quad even more. But I will keep resisting (or trying to). It probably won’t last but maybe I can be good for a little while longer? 

Stunning pic @blackkitty2014 ! I want it all! 🤩 Thanks for showing us! 😘

Fumées. This would be a workhorse if not for the price point! 😭  I suppose refills help a little bit. I absolutely love the greige round bottom left shade. Has this beautiful shift to it kind of. Neutrals but yet more than that. Best smoky eye when layered or subtle with a light hand.  They do have good pigment as @itsfi mentioned and they are smooth and long lasting especially with a bit of a cream shadow underneath. Probably at least 6 hours tho maybe more? I forgot how long it was but there was still some pretty good color left when I took it off at night. I even used the little brush included which tucks into its own little pocket home in the pouch. It’s great! Bonus to offset the price?! I wouldn’t say these have quite the luxe feel of CDP or the lighter silkiness of YSL but they are very smooth and blend beautifully! I seldom use the sparkley shade in sets but this silvery grey is more of shimmer and it looks great in the inner corners where I’m dark. All 4 feel a little bit different as well. (Vegetales and Mordorees will be next up for me if I can persuade someone else living here (or pups?!) for early holiday presents! 😆

IMG_3329.jpegIMG_3468.jpegIMG_3470.jpeg

@Sunnysmom @itsfi and all....

I guess I never followed up on my excitement of these new eye palettes.

I refrained from ordering site unseen and waited until a few weeks ago when I would be near a counter to see in person. I am sad to say that I am glad I did as they did not really excite me in person and I left empty handed 😞 If it were a lower price point, I might have splurged but not at the 140 CDN a palette.

That is just a crazy high price point @ChristalM I don’t blame you one bit. I’m sure you have other beautiful shadows and you won’t even miss them then. 🥰 Or you could ask for one for a present sometime?! 💞

I love this palette, @Sunnysmom !  If I were willing to spend that much, this is the one I'd get.  Thanks for the lovely swatches! 🥰

It was for science @Titian06 🤓🥹 right?! It’s not something I am proud of tho but it truly is a lovely formula and color selection! 

For the price point, it had better be a workhorse @Sunnysmom 😂 This quad is really pretty! 😍

You got that right @itsfi ! Of course we knew these would be more but wouldn’t it have been great to keep them closer to 95/100 even?! 🥹 think the gold group looks like it would be great neutrals too with that pretty brown toasty shade. 

FINALLY Hermes eyeshaows!!!!!!!!

Hermes eye.PNG

Ombres Vegetales 

IMG_5892.jpeg

The shadows are pigmented - this is one swipe, no primer underneath, 

I was meandering and saw these out. I didn’t have time to play but had a chance to swatch this palette. 

@ChristalM @blackkitty2014 @Sunnysmom 

470 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos85
  • hermeslip.png
  • hermesbrush.png
  • hermesblush.png
  • Hermes.jpg
  • Hermes swatches.jpg
  • Rose Plume, Nuit, Pommette
  • Plume, Nuit, Pommette
  • me with hermes.jpg