Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The Hermès Thread

This thread is dedicated to all things Hermès! While Sephora doesn't carry the makeup line (maybe one day??), that doesn't stop us from wanting these pretties in our collections 😉 

hermeslip.pnghermesbrush.pnghermesblush.png

Tags:

Re: The Hermès Thread

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about the applicator, @ChristalM , although I'm sure they're pretty.

@ChristalM, I'm so happy your beauties arrived! Yes! The formula on the lip oils is quite nice, isn't it? I'm trying to remember the applicator - doe foot? I know for swatches, they gave me the disposable ones to use where the applicable has the brush hairs on it. Hmmm... 7 pumps seems like a lot of time to be fussin' with a lippie. Will wait to hear your feedback after putting them to more use. Great color choices!

@itsfi @Titian06 

Updates: Sorry I will try and get lip swatches up later today, busy day sadly.

I will be quite frank and honest because I hate to be that person that loves the product because of the brand BUT yeah no I don't really like these much sadly 😞

The packaging is awful. I have to work a lot to get the coverage I want. Even then it is less than I had hoped. The formula do migrate around my lips and bleed as the day wears on. 

And the fragrance on the rose shade is awful! And I have never been bothered by fragrances before.

I can't return (that is how ad they are) since I ordered online from Holts so I will use them but I can't recommend them.

HTH someone!

Quick lip swatches  for those interested.

Both shades were 7 dips into the bottle FYI

I includedBare lipsBare lips06 Pourpre Camarine06 Pourpre Camarine: 05 Rose Kola: 05 Rose Kola my bare lips for reference.

Thanks for the warning, @ChristalM! I already love my Dior lip oils, so I'll just avoid these.

@ChristalM, it’s a shame that there’s some functionality hurdles 😔 with this lip oil because the shades you chose looks beautiful on you. 😍 

Thank you for your honest review, @ChristalM !  That is a shame that they are that bad. 😪  Maybe you can use it on top of a lipstick, especially one that's drying???

@Titian06 Actually yeah that might be an idea! 

@ChristalM, I’m so sorry to hear it didn’t work out for you. 

@ChristalM - Thanks for the review!  I was planning to order one or two this weekend, but your comment about "incredibly fragranced" is an absolute no-go for my scent sensitivities. 😪  Looking forward to your swatches! 💋

Thank you so much for the swatches @itsfi!! They look great! Mother’s Day is coming up…hmmm 😉

@Mcakes, I think these would make for some fabulous Mother Day’s gifts! 🎁 You could even help the mister out with shopping by picking up a couple shades for yourself for him to gift to you, and for all that effort, maybe get yourself an additional something else 👜 in the store … you know, as like a finder’s fee. 😉😆 

Thank you for the tag @itsfi - some of these shades really give me super good summer popsicle vibes!!! 

Agree @Kim888! The colors are cheerfully bold and bright! 😍 They definitely make me think of summer! 

Thx you @itsfi . I’m eyeing 2 colors 😘

@blackkitty2014, you're welcome. Very summer friendly colors.

@itsfi thanks again! So much appreciated. Now I think I need two!

@ChristalM, you're welcome; happy to help. These feel nice - they're like a medium consistency - not too thick, not too thin. 

Thanks @itsfi , I was eyeing 4 or 6 but resisting, hoping they’re too … oily?! 😂

@Sunnysmom, those two shades definitely have your name on them. My lips lean on the drier side, especially this time of the year and with masks, so it would be hard for something to be too oily for me. That said, these have a slip to them, but it's akin to what I'd expect of a lip gloss type product with oil in it. It actually is less oily in feel than other lip oils.

Not. Helpful @itsfi !! 😂😘 Rats they sound very nice ! My lips seem to be super dry right now so they prob would be comforting. I always worry about those pesky little lip lines you prob don’t have! 🥰

Conversation Stats
Photos85
  • hermeslip.png
  • hermesbrush.png
  • hermesblush.png
  • Hermes.jpg
  • Hermes swatches.jpg
  • Rose Plume, Nuit, Pommette
  • Plume, Nuit, Pommette
  • me with hermes.jpg
  • F9ACD7A6-898F-44D6-B2C2-BC054B72A20E.jpeg
  • IMG_20210504_192830~2.jpg