Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@HazelEyedQueen  Thanks for the detailed review! Heh, the orange shade is the one that most piqued my interest. Good to know these don’t feather. I wear a base coat of balm under all matte lipsticks (bullet or liquid), so these might be comfy enough for me. I see a purchase in my near future. 🙂 (Psh, so I’m supposed to be on a lipstick low-buy this year... there are too many new-to-me lipsticks out there to try!) 

I am doing better with purchases but mostly because I realise I'm not wearing the products as much even when I love them. So! I'm trying to do better. We shall see.

@HazelEyedQueen  That’s one of the main reasons I began my massive lipstick declutter last summer: I had enough lipstick to wear a different shade each day of the year, and then some. But I was only regularly wearing 10-15 shades at most. I joined the 100 Days of Lipstick challenge thread to force myself to wear more of my hoard, which helped me realize which ones were bad performers—which helped my declutter tremendously. I still have a lot of lipstick, but I’m much fussier about my purchases nowadays. Good luck with using more of your collection and making fewer purchases! Some of the BIC challenge threads are very helpful for that. 🙂

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Had anyone bought anything from beauty bakerie online? I need to replace my foundation but I wanna time my order because I’m going out of town. When I was at Sephoria, I was able to go to a Riley rose and get it in store. My daughter broke my bottle on accident.

I wish I'd seen this earlier. I buy online from Beauty Ba...

I wish I'd seen this earlier. I buy online from Beauty Bakerie all the time. As a matter of fact, I'm waiting on an order to come in now. I placed the order (before this one) on the evening of Feb. 1st (a Friday) and received an order confirmation immediately. On the 6th, I received a notification that my order was on the way. It was delivered on the 9th. They are always packed securely and I've never had an issue. With this last order, there was a sale. I attempted to use a discount which couldn't be applied during the sale. It removed the points but didn't apply the discount. I sent an email to customer service and received a response the following day with my concern, clarification of the discount during sale standards, and my points had been credited back. I prefer to order through them as they have always taken care of me even going above and beyond when a pan fell out of my Coffee & Cocoa palette replacing it outside of the return/replacement window. I, also, like their points system which I use to take money off of orders.

RE: I wish I'd seen this earlier. I buy online from Beauty Ba...

@HazelEyedQueen thanks for the info. I was wondering how shipping was with them being a smaller brand. I noticed that it takes some time for them to restock products so I thought shipping wound be slow. Going to place my order now. Congrats on getting noticed by the brand.

Re: RE: I wish I'd seen this earlier. I buy online from Beauty Ba...

I should have cropped out the bottom portion. I just wanted to show that I do prefer from them. They have improved on how long it takes them to restock but they're pretty good on shipping. Now, I have to see how long it takes to get their stuff overseas or if there are places to buy it in store.

Sonia G restock

Just giving you ladies the heads up

Hello my sun kissed sisters!!! I’m interested in how you ladies organize your makeup. My collection is currently living in totes and taking over my side of the room. I’m thinking I will need a dresser to organize my makeup and a good vanity. I’m open to suggestions and pics for inspiration
Anonymous Insider

My current set up, will be upgrading very soon. Got a new...

My current set up, will be upgrading very soon. Got a new shelf and vanity...... stay tuned.

Re: My current set up, will be upgrading very soon. Got a new...

Hi @Anonymous,

I can't wait to see the update space! It looks pretty awesome how it is now!  

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: My current set up, will be upgrading very soon. Got a new...

@Anonymous I cant wait to see how you upgrade. We both have shopping problems. Lol. My collection is taking over my side of the room. I need ideas to contain and organize

Ladies this is part of my collection

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Hi @KNC24 ,

This is such an impressive collection! Wow! I love all of your palettes and brushes. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@KNC24 This is a mega collection and you said this was pa...

@KNC24 This is a mega collection and you said this was part. Love it!

Re: @KNC24 This is a mega collection and you said this was pa...

@IndyQT317 the sad thing is that I went brush shopping this weekend 

You got your brushes I see, @KNC24

What do you think of them? 

@ElleElleG I love them so far. They’ve been lightly used. I want to get my natural hair cleaning routine down. New to natural brushes. 

I've died and gone to makeup heaven!!! Your beauty collection is divine @KNC24 !!!!!

I have a beauty corner set up in my bedroom with a vanity I bought years ago from Target. I swapped out the vanity bench with a real chair, and I swapped out the drawer knobs. I keep the makeup I'm using for the month on the vanity, and the rest of the makeup I'm working through is on the two bottom shelves of the bar cart. I don't really like the current set up, and I want a bigger vanity, but I'm making due for now.

My Beauty Corner!!!My Beauty Corner!!!

Daily Hair Stuff, Nail Stuff, and Excess Makeup StorageDaily Hair Stuff, Nail Stuff, and Excess Makeup Storage

Yes! I have ALL the brushes!! LOLYes! I have ALL the brushes!! LOL

testing