Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@naturalooks15 Hereโ€™s the Blitz trio (top 3 swatches), plus 3 other PMG shades. 

Lighting: natural daylight.Lighting: natural daylight.

Unnatural Natural is a LuxeTrance shade. Itโ€™s a touch richer brown than Flesh 3. 

Flesh 5 is very close to my bottom lipโ€™s natural color, so I like it as a better-than-nude pink. On me, Flesh 3 is terra cotta. Here are photos of me wearing both, plus Obsessed (with a little Elson at the outer corners) to give an idea of how bright it is: 

Clockwise from left: Obsessed (with Elson at corners), Flesh 5, Flesh 3.Clockwise from left: Obsessed (with Elson at corners), Flesh 5, Flesh 3.

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Have any of you ladies tried or swatched the Neo Nude Powder? I want to try it, but canโ€™t seem to find it anywhere on anyone brown except the Armani model on youtube who wears the number 14. ๐Ÿ˜ญ Iโ€™m thinking of getting 9, but Iโ€™m not sure.

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

My local Sephoras donโ€™t have it in stock, but my local Nordstrom doesโ€”and theyโ€™ve marked it 20% off (price match). Next time Iโ€™m at Nordstrom, Iโ€™ll try to do swatches. 

I looked at the shade 9 product photo at Sephora, Nordstrom, and Armani, and of course theyโ€™re all different colors. ๐Ÿ˜„ But at least Nordstrom uses Armaniโ€™s shade description (tan skin with cool undertone) instead of Sephoraโ€™s vague โ€œbrown.โ€ 

RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Oh I forgot to check Nordstrom! Thereโ€™s one not far from me and I was going to go tomorrow or Saturday to pick up a new perfume from Sephora anyway so I might as well stop in and see!

I posted this in the Deals Too Good to Pass Up thread yesterday (and if you donโ€™t already stalk that thread, you should: 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Deals-Too-Good-to-Pass-Up-Volume-Six/m-p/2825669/hig...) but forgot to mention it here. 

Beauty Bakerie is coming to Ulta on October 28! Ultaโ€™s already added their products as โ€œcoming soonโ€ to their site. Iโ€™m sure some of you already knew about this, but Iโ€™m excited to be able to use my Ulta points toward some BB stuff, particularly the Flour setting powder. ๐Ÿ™‚ (It works great on my oily zone, but not the rest of my dry face.) 

Oh, and if you click around enough on BBโ€™s site, youโ€™ll get a pop-up invite to use a 15% discount code. I think the codeโ€™s unique: I got one yesterday, then got a different one today. 

RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@WinglessOne Iโ€™m not sure why they donโ€™t sell the foundation

Yes. I'm so excited. The Ultas in my area never stock those brands in store though ๐Ÿ˜”. Target is the same way with Coloured Raine products. Even in the larger cities around here. 

Did you know that Beauty Bakerie has their own points system you can use towards their products? I was about to purchase one of their face and body palettes for $7(? Or was it $9?) using it.

Thank you for the brand info and the discount info as well.

@HazelEyedQueen I like that BB has a rewards program. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have lots of Ulta points, which are easier/faster to accumulate when youโ€™re a frequent Ulta shopper and a diamond member. I see theyโ€™ve made BB stuff available to order now. 

Bummer about out your local storesโ€™ stock. Wish I knew how Ulta decides which locations will carry what brands. I think only one of the Ultas here carries ColourPop and MAC in store. If none of my local stores get BB, Iโ€™m fine ordering online. But itโ€™d be nice to preview in person. 

Thanks for sharing @WinglessOne

Thanks for sharing @WinglessOne

I'm cross posting from the Holiday releases thread. In case any of you missed out on the Coloured Raine Vivid Pigment bundle, they're coming out with a palette!

Capture.PNG

I responded on that thread (I think?) But, these shares are gorgeous. These shades and pigmentation are so satisfying. 

@HazelEyedQueen If I hadn't just bought 7 (!!!!) eyeshadow palettes, I'd pick this one up for sure.

I completely understand. I have an obsession with eyeshadows and highlighters. I will say that Coloured Raine palettes made me push my UD and TF palettes to the side and I love them. 

Look what's in Sephora! I've been wanting to try this out but wasn't sure. I, also, didn't want to pay shipping after paying $49 for clay and, then, wait forever to get it. Well, once it hit Sephora, I was able to use a discount and pick it up with a few other things. It was here in the two business days and, of course, I used it. I want to give it another try before posting up my reviews or anything but, from one use, I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it.

Cross post from The Indie and Unknown Brands thread: Has anyone heard of Beautonomy? It's a brand that allows you to create your own palette with eyeshadows, highlighters, and blushes which you can name. I'm wondering about the quality, blendability, and pigmentation. From what I've read, they're a startup and have been around since April. Has anyone ever used the brand and have insight?

Nope, I havenโ€™t. But just to make sure I understand: do you have to pick from a list of single eyeshadows to fill a palette? And I guess maybe you get to custom design the palette caseโ€”or do you pick from pre-designed palette cases?

Iโ€™m trying to understand what makes this any different than buying single shadows and empty palettes from MUFE, Sugarpill, Coloured Raine, etc. Is it just a less expensive option? 

Yes. You pick from their stock and create your own palett...

Yes. You pick from their stock and create your own palettes. You can name the items you've picked including the palette. you can pick their designs or your own background picture. You can also and wording through the site.

Ah, now that Iโ€™ve seen their site: you pick from pre-existing shadow shades, blush, and highlighter, but you do get to use your own custom design on the palette case. Then your custom palette is marketed through their site and they give you commission on sales. Interesting. 

Iโ€™m curious enough to read their terms of service, but not right now... sometime this weekend.

Question for those who have purchased the new Fenty Stunna shades: โ€ขAre your bottles sealed? Is the plastic stopper leaking? โ€ขWhether yes or no, did you buy it through Sephora or order it through the Fenty site? I've already contacted Sephora and messaged Fenty customer service regarding this and, I believe, they are looking into it but I wonder if it is a production/quality control issue. /// I purchased Univited online through Sephora, received it, and, when I went to use it, noticed that it leaked at the area where the plastic stopper meets the glass. I contacted Sephora about the defect/damage and they, promptly, sent a replacement. While waiting for the replacement, I purchased Uncuffed in my local Sephora JCP. I noticed that it is, also, not sealed correctly and will leak if not kept upright. I received the replacement Uninvited shortly after and noticed that the same issue is present. I cannot take them along with me in a purse or pocket because of this. /// As stated, I've already contacted Sephora and have been told that they are sending the information higher (I hope that's true). Fenty customer service told me to request a replacement but, after I sent a response stating that this is an issue for all three, I haven't been contacted back. (Edit: I called and spoke w/ Fenty customer service. Rather been made aware. ) I have the Uncensored lippie from Nov. 17 and it wasn't an issue so I think it is something that affects this release and may, possibly, the Sephora release. I don't want to request a replacement since it may end with the same result. /// Has anyone else encountered this? *Posted pictures are for clarification/ received dates on each. New bottles had been cleaned. Uncuffed leaks less.*

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@HazelEyedQueen I have one stunna shade. I feel like it leaks a little around the sides. I keep it on my counter. Iโ€™m gonna keep my bottle upright

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

For the most part, I gave up on trying. I see their new releases and, although I love a good purple lippie, I'm afraid to buy it. My cousin bought a Black one, recently. It had a silver top. Her's doesn't leak. I still have a Black one sitting in the box because I'm afraid to take it anywhere so, I don't use it. I purchased a black lippie from Coloured Raine (2 A.M) to fix my need for a black lippie I could carry with me. 

I will say that Fenty refunded my purchase through them and apologized (at least customer service did).

2 Replies
testing