Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Thank you @ElleElleG

Thank you @ElleElleG

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Good evening gorgeous god/desses! I’ve been away for a few weeks due to being way too busy for words at work and mostly been lurking. But I wanted to cross post a look from “what are you wearing today?” thread. I got some birthday purchases that I used to do this look: Huda Coral  Obsessions ( I love Huda’s eye colors. So flattering on brown skin!), Fenty matchstick in Chili Mango, and Bite Amuse Bouche in Saffron Fire are featured here. Hope you enjoy!

Used for this lookUsed for this lookIgnore the hydrocolloid patches!Ignore the hydrocolloid patches!

The hydrocolloid patches were being used to clear up a few whiteheads. I was in bed with a migraine lol weekend so my skin care game was not masking twice a day! LOL

Happy Belated Birthday @mermadelove! All the products men...

Happy Belated Birthday @mermadelove! All the products mentioned are loves. Your skin is beautiful! I also like the color blends. The lipstick can go bright fast. You applied it wear the color comes off subtle without lipliner to tone the color down. In the products picture what is the Dragon Heart product?

@mermadelove Thanks for the info.

@mermadelove Thanks for the info.

Re: Happy Belated Birthday @mermadelove! All the products men...

@IndyQT317 The Dragon Heart is the highlighter above my eyebrows. I think I used chili mango on cheek bones and dragon heart at temples. 

Yeah the saffron fire can EXPLODE with color if you do more than one layer! 

@mermadelove You look beautiful. Love the shadow!

@PrettyPaint Thank you, doll! I had fun with this one!

Welcome baaaaaaaack @mermadelove (were you already a boss?  sorry if I missed it, I've been off and on).  Loving Chili Mango on you!

Happy Birthmonth!!!

@ElleElleG hi! Believe it or not, I Bossed during my lurking period! Lol! I love the Fenty oranges! I was looking at the killswatt orange and hot pink duo but chili mango won!

Enjoy your birth month! Can’t wait to see your Ulta haul! 😘

Sneaky sneaky @mermadelove .  That killawatt looks sooooo pretty.  I'm not a blush wearer though so I don't know that I'd actually use it 🙃

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Ladies I’m just curious if anyone is getting the Aaliyah line from Mac? I was HUGE Aaliyah fan. The line doesn’t want to make me wanna buy the entire collections. Probably the palette and the more than woman but I kinda feel like I’m tempted to buy cause it’s Aaliyah

@KNC24 - I probly shouldn’t have or maybe waited for the reviews .. but I just had to. Also b/c it’s her. Haven’t received anything yet but maybe I’ll see if i can find testers to try in a store.

Hey @KNC24! I was a huge Aaliyah fan too. I plan to purch...

Hey @KNC24! I was a huge Aaliyah fan too. I plan to purchase something for same reasons...because of Aaliyah. Would have liked to see the launch closer to her birthday than anniversary of her death. I'm sure MAC and family had their reasons.

RE: Hey @KNC24! I was a huge Aaliyah fan too. I plan to purch...

@indgqt317 it works for me cause it’s very close to my birthday. I want the pr package bad!!!! What do you plan to purchase?

Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Lovvvvvved Aaliyah but only a handful of items have received good reviews and of those few items even fewer looked okay on deeper skin.  I'll keep my eye on more reviews/swatches as I come across them @KNC24

RE: Re: RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Thanks @ElleElleG I know I want the palette. The bronzer more for the mirror. The bronzer will probably get used as an eyeshadow

I haven’t seen it but that is very interesting!I’m an Aaliyah fan too 💕 I’m going to go look for it on their website now🏃🏾‍♀️

@bellinasf you can order tomorrow online

Thanks for the heads up! 👌🏾

Ladies I’m just starting to get into lipstick outside of gloss. I tend to love plum/mauve colors and nudes. I’m looking for a lipstick version of Marc Jacobs make me! I love the color but would also like it In a lipstick. Any suggestions would be really helpful. Also I don’t venture out outside of those colors. Any color expansion ideas would help too.

I can’t see the post that @ElleElleG 😢
testing