Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Deeper Shades
|

The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

*new group located here: Deeper Shades

Have a deeper hue and want to know how a product might look on your skin tone?  This is the place for you!

Image result for shades of brown

Several ladies expressed interest in having a BIC group dedicated to WOC.  Such a group would serve as a central reference point for swatches, color matching and the like, which can often be difficult to find.  While I have no idea whether such a group will ever be created I figured it would be nice to at least have a thread.

It should go without saying, but  **Ladies (and gents) of all hues are more than welcome **

💋💋💋

Re: I have not considered the brand @IttyxBittxMe. I watched...

They have started that they'll do "cakesultations" to help people get matched. They did a live IG as well going over their matches and which shades were similar in other brands. That may help.

RE: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Ladies and gents please look at Jackie ania la peach and la bronze for a highlighter. It’s now being sold at Sephora.

I just came to post that. I use La Peach now and absolute...

I just came to post that. I use La Peach now and absolutely love it!! I'm about to buy La Bronze.

Are they really? Thanks for the heads up @KNC24. I checke...

Are they really? Thanks for the heads up @KNC24. I checked initially when Artist Couture first debut at Seohora, but her collorboration wasn't part of the products. Jackie even mentioned her products weren't part of the launch. That's cool if they now are available.

RE: Are they really? Thanks for the heads up @KNC24. I checke...

@IndyQT317 i think it’s a “limited” edition.

Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Has anyone tried the shade Amber in the Fenty matchsticks?

It's the only shade that looks like a true contour to me but in the bundle it says its for light skins... 

Amber is technically a contour shade, but it's meant for...

Amber is technically a contour shade, but it's meant for people like me who wear 100 in the Fenty foundation. I wouldn't think it would even show up as contour on anyone darker than 150.

@njattana not certain of your skin tone but here are some swatches from when they first launched. 

L to R ➡️ Espresso, Truffle, Mocha, Amber, Suede, CocoaL to R ➡️ Espresso, Truffle, Mocha, Amber, Suede, Cocoa

No Flash

L to R ➡️ Espresso, Truffle, Mocha, Amber, Suede, CocoaL to R ➡️ Espresso, Truffle, Mocha, Amber, Suede, Cocoa

Flash. 

Hope these help! 

@ElleElleG @IttyxBittyxMe thanks guys! Amber looks waaaayy too light for me. I'm a MAC NC30-35/Nars Custard but even then this looks too light.

Super helpful 🙂

RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

The only shades I like for deeper complexions are truffle and espresso. Amber is veeerrryyy light. If you have more of a medium skin tone it will work, but deeper then that and not so much.

Hey, I've looking to get one of the Drunk Elephant SPF's? Has anyone tried it and does it leave a white-cast? I'm 'tan' skin-toned and don't always wear makeup so I can't work around a white-cast.

Hey @Aaliaa. Let us know which Drunk Elephant product you...

Hey @Aaliaa. Let us know which Drunk Elephant product you pick up 🙂

Re: Hey @Aaliaa. Let us know which Drunk Elephant product you...

Hey, sorry for the delayed response @IndyQT317! So I went for the Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte. The Umbra Sheer does leave a whitecast and it still looked weird after five minutes on. I'm not dark, I'd say I'm a medium/tan toned so if you are picking between these two I would get the Umbra Tinte. Having said that, I have some issues with Drunk Elephant - you can have a look here - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Beauty-Pet-Peeves-2/td-p/2543348/page/2

Re: Hey @Aaliaa. Let us know which Drunk Elephant product you...

I keep hearing about the Tinte version.  Personally I haven't experienced the white cast with the regular DE but I also wonder if I don't apply enough?

Hi @Aaliaa. We are on the same hunt. Have you tried the s...

Hi @Aaliaa. We are on the same hunt. Have you tried the sinacreen from Benefit? The name has Dream in it. It was okay. Thin formula and absorb quickly into the skin. I have sensitive skin so it didn't work well for me, but it was oil-free.

Re: Hi @Aaliaa. We are on the same hunt. Have you tried the s...

I haven't, thanks I'll check it out @IndyQT317

I have the Umbra Tinte and I love it! It doesn’t leave any kind of tint and generally just mix it with my primer then apply it.

Hi #Aaliaa. Have you tried SuperGoop Sunscreen Mousse?? It’s seriously awesome. I am Asian Indian and have medium-tan skin. It’s super lightweight, not greasy at all. There is no white cast at all. It foams into your hand and then you apply it with fingers to your face. I wear it daily and live in South Florida and it holds up to the humidity and is water resistant up to 80 minutes so works in a summer afternoon torrential rainstorm also!!

Re: RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

Thanks @KrishAtl. Sephora Canada doesn't sell SuperGoop but I'll definitely check it out the next time I'm in the states. Does it work well under makeup too?

RE: Re: RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

@aalia. I wear makeup over it daily and never had an issue. My makeup holds the same whether I have supergoop on or not.

Re: RE: Re: The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.)

#Aaliaa I use SuperGoop Sunscreen Mousse under my makeup every day of the year!  

testing