Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The All (different) Or One Challenge!

With so many people de-cluttering, shopping their collection, and challenging themselves to reach for underused products, it's time for a full faced challenge! This idea also came from a discussion in the WAYWT thread with @RGbrown@WinglessOne, and @itsfi. This will give everyone a chance to see what they have from different brands, revisit some neglected products, and use some products in multiple ways (ex. Can you use that highlight as an eyeshadow, lipstick as a cream blush?)

THE RULES*

All Different Brands, a Full Face - Choose a different brand for every color item/makeup step you put on your face!

One Brand, a Full Face - Choose only ONE brand for every color item/makeup step you put on your face! 

Post your products/looks.

Why the asterisk? With all things beauty, it's okay to break rules. If your lashes only like one mascara, wear it everyday, that's totally fine! Do you have a foundation or concealer you're loyal to, don't worry about changing it if you don't have other items from that brand. Do what works for you, but challenge yourself to be a bit creative! Also, you don't need to change your priming/setting routine. That is NOT something to be messed with!! If you already post your look in another thread and are worried about face spam (I know I am!), post just a picture of the products you used. If you multi-purposed something, share how. You might discover a new use for something that works really well! Hint: Wet a duo-chrome or holo highlighter and use it as an eyeshadow... It's stunning! Laura Geller's highlighters work fantastic for this! 

Happy stash shopping!

Re: The All (different) Or One Challenge!

@alexasteph It looks great!!! 

@alexasteph, your lashes, girl!!!  Amazing!  ❤️

Somewhat unrelated - i have SERIOUS eyebrow envy! @alexasteph

@scott1201 Haha thanks! Ten years who I was teased for them. I don’t have any BareMineral brow products so I didn’t put anything in them today either... this is just how they are! 

That peachy lip color goes well with your shadow, @alexasteph  which is a nice, unexpected pop of color (is it yellow? Almost appears so)!

@eshoe It’s the BareMineral loose bronzer in Warmth (I think it’s technically called All Over Fac Color) topped with a glittery gold loose eye shadow from BareMinerals. I think the undertone of the Warmth with the gold makes it look a tad yellow! 

Love this look @alexasteph ! Such a pretty lip color on you!

@DaneeBT Thank you! 

My eyes are watering like crazy today, so there wasn't much point in doing my usual fun stuff when I'm just going to lose the outer corners before I even make it out of the house (soooo sad...I wanna play with my new Smashbox Pinks + Palms!). But...that makes an "all different" look super duper extra easy 😂IMG_20180818_160515576_BURST001.jpg

I guess I finally figured out my "desert island" picks, though I'd rather sub eyeliner for brow stuff when my eyes are better behaved :pI guess I finally figured out my "desert island" picks, though I'd rather sub eyeliner for brow stuff when my eyes are better behaved 😛

Hi @RGbrown,

Wow! Absolutely stunning, this pink lipstick shade looks amazing on you. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

@RaquelBTUnidentified

Thanks so much! 💜

I have one of those Jean Michel Basquiats, @RGbrown- but in the brown taupe color of course😉 I like this natural look on you, hope your eyes get to feeling better. I understand your frustration at not being able to wear the makeup you want, I’m the same way when I’m tired and don’t have time for my nighttime skincare routine! 

@eshoeUnidentified

Thanks so much! 💜

Today, all different! 

8C7EBC98-7460-4DBC-8854-FB7AD9C6D68F.jpeg

For my eyes I used two shades from the OG Lorac Pro, Cream up to my brow bone and Light Bronze over my lid. I lined my top lashes with BareMinerals  Lasting Line in Absolute Black, and my lower lash line/waterline with BareMinerals Around The Clock in 6 PM. Mascara is Clinique High Impact, under eye concealer is Benefit Boi-Ing, and I used IT Brow Power on dem brows. 

Foundation is Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea, then I did a slight contour with Becca Wild Honey Mineral Blush. I’m wearing Besame Snow White With A Smile And A Song Cream Blush on my cheeks and I highlighted with ABH Starlight Illuminator. 

On my lips I have Nudestix Intense Matte in Stiletto. 

And here is the full thing...EF0E6F7F-4890-47BB-81E6-E5A5C5C063FF.jpeg

You have gorgeous lashes, @alexasteph

You look great @alexasteph ! That Snow White blush looks pretty in the pan & in use!

All (or as much as possible) Smashbox today!

Smashbox:

LA Lights blush/highlighter

Covershot palette in Sunlit Yellow (swoon!); I don't have a Smashbox eyeliner, so Inglot Duraline + the teal shade made a mighty fine sub. I also put a touch of the darker brown glitter shade in my brows after using my real brow powder (because glitter 😍)

Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Jam On It

I just finished off a Smashbox mascara a few weeks ago...if I had known this was coming, I would have saved it lol

There ya go...full relaxation, aka RBF :oThere ya go...full relaxation, aka RBF 😮

IMG_20180817_162823916.jpg

IMG_20180817_162151624.jpg

Love that lip color on you, @RGbrown!

@qusporkUnidentified thanks so much! 💜

SO WISH I had your eye shadow skills! This look is fantastic, @RGbrown!

@scott1201Unidentified

Thanks so much! I swear though, I really feel like I just slap some color on. I'm not sure I have much actual skill 😹

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos75
  • 0C6CF2BC-422F-40BF-B262-DA5C7C9D10D1.jpeg
  • IMG_20180813_163333425_BURST001.jpg
  • The other items are staples that will be pretty consistent regardless of what brand I go with
  • 213D11FC-8273-4372-9CD6-70D70B3A0AA8.jpeg
  • A458AF8A-D998-423E-8159-19D6A4E21F5F.jpeg
  • 641B6387-E35B-4737-A8B5-05BCDBE74D71.jpeg
  • E6B47997-4177-48C5-A812-3939F32FAA39.jpeg
  • CF94B9D2-20ED-4351-ABBC-872D5EE1E444.jpeg
  • 558B7DB4-F4BF-4615-BC6A-998B8181FE5D.jpeg
  • + Buxom lip gloss
  • IMG_6377.jpg
  • IMG_2743.jpg
  • IMG_2742.jpg
  • 269B4938-C174-4537-ADF3-0667838665B9.jpeg
testing