Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The All (different) Or One Challenge!

With so many people de-cluttering, shopping their collection, and challenging themselves to reach for underused products, it's time for a full faced challenge! This idea also came from a discussion in the WAYWT thread with @RGbrown@WinglessOne, and @itsfi. This will give everyone a chance to see what they have from different brands, revisit some neglected products, and use some products in multiple ways (ex. Can you use that highlight as an eyeshadow, lipstick as a cream blush?)

THE RULES*

All Different Brands, a Full Face - Choose a different brand for every color item/makeup step you put on your face!

One Brand, a Full Face - Choose only ONE brand for every color item/makeup step you put on your face! 

Post your products/looks.

Why the asterisk? With all things beauty, it's okay to break rules. If your lashes only like one mascara, wear it everyday, that's totally fine! Do you have a foundation or concealer you're loyal to, don't worry about changing it if you don't have other items from that brand. Do what works for you, but challenge yourself to be a bit creative! Also, you don't need to change your priming/setting routine. That is NOT something to be messed with!! If you already post your look in another thread and are worried about face spam (I know I am!), post just a picture of the products you used. If you multi-purposed something, share how. You might discover a new use for something that works really well! Hint: Wet a duo-chrome or holo highlighter and use it as an eyeshadow... It's stunning! Laura Geller's highlighters work fantastic for this! 

Happy stash shopping!

Re: The All (different) Or One Challenge!

@alexasteph @greeneyedgirl107 @sister13  giving this one a bump

This thread went kind of cold so I guess I will revive it with a couple ONe-Brand looks, both of them UD.

IMAG0491.jpg 

Gold Griot palette on the eyes, Perversion mascara, crayon concealer in ATF, lipstick in Trick, highlighter from the Afterglow palette. 

IMAG0501.jpg 

Naked palette on the eyes, Perversion mascara, Brow Box, ATF concealer, Naked Skin Shapeshifter contour palette, lipstick in Studded. 

RE: The All (different) Or One Challenge!

Wasn’t planning to do a “full face” today...and then I stumbled uponthis thread and thought...I’ll play!!! So full face using Tarte. Colored Clay Undereye corrector in medium-tan, Tarteist Pro Glow liquidhighlighter, Amazonian Clay highlighter in Exposed, Amazonian Clay blush in Paaarty, Clay Play Palette on Eyes, brows, Contour/Bronzer. Lips are Salt Lyfe. Tarte Ready, Set, Radiant Skin Mist to set it all!! But....no Tarte mascara so cheated and used my Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara....

Re: RE: The All (different) Or One Challenge!

Ha, @KrishAtl, I saw you used all tarte and those lashes stood out...and I wondered what tarte mascara does THAT! 😂 that Armani is amazing. I’ve only tried the Ecstasy one and it was pretty incredible, too.

Re: RE: The All (different) Or One Challenge!

Lol @eshoe.  I know!!  Unfortunately because it was housewife Friday and I had a bunch of housework to do, I wasn’t in the mood for heavy makeup and the look came out kinda boring...except for the lashes!  I agree, they do pop compared to the rest!  The Armani mascara has definitely grown on me.  At first I wasn’t that amazed, after a solid month of using it daily, I now am loving it!  Haven’t tried the Ecstacy one yet.  Sounds promising!!  

IMAG0376.jpg 

Another one brand, this time Too Faced

Just Peachy eye palette

Better than Sex mascara

Got peach? lipstick

Cocoa Countour face palette

This was really a challenge since I don't have any concealer or colour correctors by Too Faced. I replaced them with some peachy shadows and matte highlighter from the eye and face palettes.

@Krysa13,

Lovely look!  🙂

What a great challenge, then, @Krysa13! I cnt imagine doing a one-brand look. Fantastic and resourceful👍🏼😊

I've been sitting on this Clinique palette for what seems like forever, completely untouched. I think more than anything, I'm afraid of getting it dirty...the outside of it is a primarily white fabric. Not sure who thought that was a good idea (oh, Jonathan Adler, that's who 😂), but it didn't stop me from buying it, so I guess it's high time I put it to use!IMG_20180927_151032175_BURST001.jpg

IMG_20180927_143844339.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler
Eyes:
A simple 2 color look with the light blue and dark blue, and a touch of the peachy gold in the inner corners/browbone
Quickliner Intense Ebony
High Impact mascara

Brows: the dark purple shade

Blush: Chubby Cheek Stick in Roly Poly Rosy

Highlight: the peachy gold eyeshadow again

Lips: Chubby Stick Intense in Red Violet

Non-Clinique extras: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Bare Republic sunscreen, and I forgot to picture it, but Almay powder

@RGbrown,

Beautiful look!  I used to want that palette!  I like the colors... You look great!  🙂

@tsavoriteUnidentified

Thanks so much! 💕

IMAG0317.jpg 

A one-brand full face -- Urban Decay

Brow Box in Brunette Betty

Eyeliner in Uzi

Perversion mascara

Concealer and corrector -- Naked Skin Shapeshifter palette 

Lipstick -- Frostbite

@Krysa13,

I like this!  So much drama!   🙂

@Krysa13, I love your looks because you just go for it👍🏼  Their browboxes are amazing. And FYI, one of the few eyebrow powders that do not contain talc😊

Thank you, @eshoe! I love this brow box too, it's so versatile and the tools are so small, handy and cute!

IMAG0294.jpg  

One-brand look: Smashbox everything

Covershot Bold eyeshadow palette

SuperFan mascara

Concealer and color corrector from Lighting Theory palette

Disco Rose gloss

@Krysa13,

I love the Disco Rose Gloss!  🙂

This look is everything fun and playful💜🌈🌟@Krysa13!!! 

@Krysa13Unidentified

OMG, what a fun look!!! ❤️💛💚💙💜

285 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos75
  • 0C6CF2BC-422F-40BF-B262-DA5C7C9D10D1.jpeg
  • IMG_20180813_163333425_BURST001.jpg
  • The other items are staples that will be pretty consistent regardless of what brand I go with
  • 213D11FC-8273-4372-9CD6-70D70B3A0AA8.jpeg
  • A458AF8A-D998-423E-8159-19D6A4E21F5F.jpeg
  • 641B6387-E35B-4737-A8B5-05BCDBE74D71.jpeg
  • E6B47997-4177-48C5-A812-3939F32FAA39.jpeg
  • CF94B9D2-20ED-4351-ABBC-872D5EE1E444.jpeg
  • 558B7DB4-F4BF-4615-BC6A-998B8181FE5D.jpeg
  • + Buxom lip gloss
  • IMG_6377.jpg
  • IMG_2743.jpg
  • IMG_2742.jpg
  • 269B4938-C174-4537-ADF3-0667838665B9.jpeg
testing