Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Thank you Sephora ๐Ÿ’› and Glow Recipe, Velour, Olaplex, Lise Watier, Skinfix

Iโ€™ve been missing you guys on BIC! I was on vacation in NYC since the beginning of the month and came back yesterday to an amazing surprise from Sephora @TeamBIC . Huge thank you to all the brands that were part of this โœจ @GlowRecipe, @VelourLashes, Olaplex, Skinfix, and Lise Watier โœจ And of course, thank you @BrendaBT  and Team BIC for putting this lovely gratis box together! I will be updating this thread throughout the week as I start trying everything!

6CB741AA-E027-49B3-9F48-1C1EB20FD8C1.jpeg

Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair CreamVelour Lashes Effortless - No Trim - Natural Lash Collection Mini MeGlow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine MistOlaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme

Couldnโ€™t tag these, but these products were also included: Sephora Collection Brush tip waterproof liquid liner, Velour Lashes in No Drama, Lise Watier Portfolio corrector, and Lise Watier Rouge Fondant Supreme lipstick

05/17 Updates: 

Skinfix hand repair cream

Spoiler

Glow Recipe watermelon mist 

Re: Thank you Sephora ๐Ÿ’› and Glow Recipe, Velour, Olaplex, Lise Watier, Skinfix

Hereโ€™s my update on the Lise Watier Portfolio Corrector for all complexions. I wanted to give this one a couple tries before writing a review. They also have one specifically for light skin tones and one for dark.

;tldr: 

I like the green and purple shades the best, as I found them the most effective in redness correction and brightening. Ivory for the under eyes comes in at a close second. Yellow-beige was kinda useless for me. The brown shade was pretty standard. I really loved 3/5 shades so Iโ€™d say give this one a go if youโ€™re interested in or want to try out colour correcting 

IMG_7922.jpg

Full review: 

This is my first time using a colour correcting product, since I never really believed that theyโ€™d make a huge difference. After using the Lise Watier correctors, I can say that I like the green pan the most. Green is for counteracting redness and I have that mostly around my nose and the area between my nose and lips. After applying the green under my foundation, I felt that area was visibly brighter and I really couldnโ€™t tell there was redness to begin with (I use a sheer foundation daily just to even out my skin and the redness would typically show when I donโ€™t add anything else to it).

In the how-to video I watched on Lise Watierโ€™s YouTube channel, they apply the yellow beige shade to the inner crevice of the eyelid, located before the eyebrow and bridge of the nose start. I thought the purpose was to contour the eye area and create some shadows in the narrow spaceโ€ฆ turns out itโ€™s for camouflaging blue veins. However, I found that this made my eye area look quite dry throughout the day. I also used this to contour my nose and I didnโ€™t see it breaking up as much as on the eye so I will continue using it this way instead.

The Ivory shade is for hiding under eye circles. The first time I used it, I dabbed on 3 dots like how they did in the video, but I found that this was too much and ended up looking cake-y throughout the day. After that I started tapping the product in with my fingers and setting it with The Face Shop purple brightening/setting powder and the caking problems were banished! I really like that it makes my under eyes feel super soft too, which Iโ€™ve never had with other concealer products.

Lilac is for brightening, which I applied on my brow bone, bridge of the nose, and around my lips. Like the green shade, I found that this really brightened up the areas that I applied the product on even though all this was a base under my foundation.

The brown pan is a contour shade. I followed the video and applied this in the hollows of my cheeks and blended. I really donโ€™t understand why they did this step before foundation tho. It ended up looking very odd after I applied foundation and made it look like there were dry, streaky patches on my skin. The second time I used this, I applied the brown contour shade over my foundation and it looked much better. Performed as well as other contour shades I own.

E9FA223F-7493-48E6-B38C-90F8BACE0A12.JPG

(Since there are already a lot of positive reviews for the Glow Recipe mist and Skinfix hand repair cream in the community, I will add my updates in the OP to condense this post!)

Re: Thank you Sephora ๐Ÿ’› and Glow Recipe, Velour, Olaplex, Lise Watier, Skinfix

Great haul @Guessgal and thank you for all the detailed reviews/updates!

Yesterday I tested out the SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner - Waterpoof Black and the application was very smooth; I was able to draw both eyes without it drying on me (a perpetual fear of mine with pen liners). Since Iโ€™m out of practice, my wing was slightly thicker than Iโ€™d like so I went over it with this eyeliner from the flick inwards toward the outer corner of my eye. I was shocked at how thin the line came out! Took me under 3 mins to do my eyeliner, which is usually the longest step in my routine! 9C36C6B7-9560-447F-98BB-9188633EF7F1.jpeg

As for wear time, at one point I yawned and rubbed my eye. A little blob of black ink came off on my hand so I checked the mirror and the line at the area I touched looked like it faded, but wasnโ€™t completely gone. It was easy to touch-up, since the underlying line was still apparent, but I wouldnโ€™t recommend this for people with watery eyes. Other than that, it stayed put throughout the day (I wore it for 10 hrs)!

I also paired the Velour Lashes Effortless - No Trim - Natural Lash Collection Mini Me  in No Drama with the eyeliner. These definitely require no trim as the instructions say, since these have quite a short band. They look like they are for the outer third of the eye to open up the eyes. The lashes give my eyes a subtle oomph, much more subtle than Iโ€™m used to. My eyes are quite large so I usually wear longer lashes when I do full glam. However, I can see this being perfect for people who are just starting out and experimenting with false lashes. The lashes blend in well with my natural lashes so I can see these being in a majority of peopleโ€™s comfort zones. The box does say that it can be worn with no eyeliner so I will try that next to see if it works best for everyday wear.E7753453-ABAE-4777-83E3-71CC73FE1C14.jpeg

Other products I wore:

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no moreยฎ pore refiner primer 1 oz

KEVYN AUCOIN The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting Highlighter Starlight

Morphe 3502 Second Nature eyeshadow palette in Polished and Brunette

I love the look, @Guessgal! Congratulations on receiving these products!

Thanks @curlychiquita ๐Ÿ’–

@Guessgal The lashes look fantastic on you โค๏ธ The definitely lend themselves to a nice cat eye ๐Ÿ˜บ

Thank you @pocketvenus! Youโ€™re right about the eyeliner combo - I do like how the lashes fan out nicely at the end to go with the wing

@Guessgal, love the eyeliner, the thin line pens are amazing.  I use Stila.

You are beautiful & the lashes look ultra natural!  Thanks for the reviews & pics!

Oh thanks so much @byme4u! โ˜บ๏ธ And yesss my sister is obsessed with the Stila one too! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

That looks great @Guessgal!

Thank you @faeriegirl! I was a bit overdressed makeup-wise for a family dinner, but we ended up taking family pics so it was well worth ๐Ÿ˜‰ also it was so much fun testing out these products!

Here is my update on Olaplex 6: For reference, I dyed my hair with hints of red at the beginning of the month before I received this gratis. The first time I used it, I used too much product (the bottle says to apply a very small amount), thinking it would make sense since my hair is thick. Well, it all melded into my hair somehow and didnโ€™t leave any residue. I went to bed right after and when I woke up my hair felt smooth, but also light. Again, no greasiness weighing it down, which Iโ€™m happy about.

Unfortunately, I donโ€™t think you can see a crazy difference between my before and after pics. Some pics online are showing some pretty drastic changes and Iโ€™m thinking it may be because my hair wasnโ€™t too damaged prior to using Olaplex. I havenโ€™t been styling my hair much and have opted to let it hang loose around my shoulders lately. I do blow dry my hair, but itโ€™s become a rare occasion that I actually use my curling iron so the former would be my main source of any heat damage. So far, I havenโ€™t noticed any split ends and I hope to keep it that way with this bond smoother.

I researched Olaplexโ€™s line and it looks like the products are backed by science so in theory, Olaplex connects the two detached sulphurs in hair to strengthen it. Although I canโ€™t say for sure that itโ€™s a game changer for me yet, Iโ€™m going to continue using No.6 - especially with it dyed, I think my hair will need all the help it can get!6224E574-FCCC-4FE0-A439-242889B47964.jpeg

The pic on the left was taken about 4 days before I started using Olaplex and the one on the right was taken yesterday after 2 weeks of use every other day. Tagging @eshoe @byme4u since you ladies mentioned below that you were looking forward to some product reviews ๐Ÿ™‚

@Guessgal, I read up on the molecule too and it is pretty interesting. My hair was pretty split up at the ends when I received no6 and I have to say, this product really made it look like it wasn't! When I stopped using it, my ends looked damaged again but maybe with daily usage, it might look improved. I got my hair cut though, so I can't test that now!!

Wow thatโ€™s fantastic that it improved your damaged strands @pocketvenus!! I am feeling more optimistic and will continue to monitor my hair

@GuessgalI thought at the time the difference was superficial, but after reading up on the molecule, I'm wondering if regular use can seriously delay damage!

@Guessgal, thanks for the tag, & Olaplex review, I don't see much difference either, but will want to see after continued use, some things take longer. Tag me with updates, please.  Your hair is already lovely!

Aww thank you @byme4u! Iโ€™ll definitely report back if I notice any changes ๐Ÿ˜‹

Awesome info, thank you @Guessgal!

@eshoe  Glad you were able to get through my lengthy review ๐Ÿ˜› I saw Olaplex 4 in store yesterday and I might get it before the Rouge sale ends to see how the results are when combined with Olaplex 6. Theyโ€™re both colour safe so in addition to keeping my hair free of split ends, Iโ€™m hoping No.4 will reduce any colour fading ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

I appreciate it although my own Olaplex experience has been somewhat โ€˜mehโ€™ @Guessgal. But then I havenโ€™t colored my hair in awhile and I am considering it again, so this is golden knowledge๐Ÿ˜Š

51 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • 6CB741AA-E027-49B3-9F48-1C1EB20FD8C1.jpeg
  • 3EE144B2-B41A-4A4A-A295-FF667A741020.jpeg
  • 6224E574-FCCC-4FE0-A439-242889B47964.jpeg
  • 9C36C6B7-9560-447F-98BB-9188633EF7F1.jpeg
  • E7753453-ABAE-4777-83E3-71CC73FE1C14.jpeg
  • IMG_7922.jpg
  • E9FA223F-7493-48E6-B38C-90F8BACE0A12.JPG