Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Thank you Sephora ๐Ÿ’› and Glow Recipe, Velour, Olaplex, Lise Watier, Skinfix

Iโ€™ve been missing you guys on BIC! I was on vacation in NYC since the beginning of the month and came back yesterday to an amazing surprise from Sephora @TeamBIC . Huge thank you to all the brands that were part of this โœจ @GlowRecipe, @VelourLashes, Olaplex, Skinfix, and Lise Watier โœจ And of course, thank you @BrendaBT  and Team BIC for putting this lovely gratis box together! I will be updating this thread throughout the week as I start trying everything!

6CB741AA-E027-49B3-9F48-1C1EB20FD8C1.jpeg

Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mLVelour Lashes Effortless - No Trim - Natural Lash Collection Mini MeGlow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mLOLAPLEX - No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme

Couldnโ€™t tag these, but these products were also included: Sephora Collection Brush tip waterproof liquid liner, Velour Lashes in No Drama, Lise Watier Portfolio corrector, and Lise Watier Rouge Fondant Supreme lipstick

05/17 Updates: 

Skinfix hand repair cream

Spoiler
This hand cream really helped soothe my dry, cracked hands especially as winter came to a close. I usually put this on at night and there's a slight oily feeling initially, but it goes away quickly and by morning I wake up with soft hands. When I first opened the product to take a whiff of the smell, I couldnโ€™t sense any scent at all. However, after rubbing this into my hands, it smells like macadamia nuts to me. I quite like this scent - itโ€™s light and subtle. I read the ingredient list and it looks like it may be the sweet almond oil that the product contains. Sometimes Iโ€™ll even apply the cream to other dry areas on my body like elbows or legs. Iโ€™m so glad this always leaves them moisturized!

Glow Recipe watermelon mist 

Spoiler
  • the nozzle sprays a super fine mist, which feels like a gentle, barely perceptible touch (very innovative - I havenโ€™t used one this fine before!)
  • Iโ€™ve used it after toner/before moisturizer to give my skin an extra dose of hydration, but still end up needing a sleeping mask to seal in the moisture in the dry winter months. I donโ€™t find my skin needs extra hydration in the summer so I donโ€™t use this much in the warmer months either.
  • works best as a hydrator throughout the day if foundation starts feeling dry/cakey 
  • was alright as a setting spray, but I wouldnโ€™t count on it for heavy duty stuff (my eyeshadow still faded after spraying this)
  • pink colour separates from the water content after a couple months and changes to a cloudy colour when shaking it so this has to be used up pretty quickly 
  • overall, this product is just okay. It only has one use case for me that I mentioned above and combined with the short shelf life, I donโ€™t see myself stocking up when I run out

Re: Thank you Sephora ๐Ÿ’› and Glow Recipe, Velour, Olaplex, Lise Watier, Skinfix

How cool, congrats! That lip color looks really good on you too.

Re: Thank you Sephora ๐Ÿ’› and Glow Recipe, Velour, Olaplex, Lise Watier, Skinfix

Thank you @HunterKathleen! I do find it wears off after eating so I need to reapply, but I donโ€™t mind too much ๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations @Guessgal !

Thanks @greeneyedgirl107 @ather @SportyGirly125 ๐Ÿ’–

I am back with some updates just in time for the Rouge sale, which is in full swing! After using the Lise Watier Fondant lipstick in shade Jennifer a couple times these past weeks, I find this is more of a tinted lip balm rather than a lipstick. It is a sheer nude on me. I like how it coats my lips with a creamy layer that makes me press my lips together throughout the day in wonder at its softness. The only thing to lookout for is that it tends to cling to dry spots so itโ€™s important to exfoliate before applying this one. I made that mistake the first time I used this! ๐Ÿ™ˆ

The lipstick contains Labrador Tea Extract, which is an antioxidant and according to Lise Watierโ€™s website, has anti-aging properties. 3EE144B2-B41A-4A4A-A295-FF667A741020.jpeg

(I tried to crop out my messy hair as best as I could)

@Guessgal Congrats on the gratis!  Also, your lips look AMAZING!!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for your kind words @mrsmouse! I donโ€™t usually gravitate towards nudes so Iโ€™m still getting used to it^^

@Guessgal  congratulations on such an awesome gratis!

@Guessgal Congrats on receiving this gratis. I canโ€™t wait to hear your thoughts on these products. 

Congratulations @Guessgal ! You should love the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Mist, I received it yesterday ( not as a gratis ), it smells yummy, refreshing and hydrating ! My sister uses the Lise Watier Corrector and loves how well it corrects her uneven skin tone. Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜‰ !

@keana1 I received the glo mist as gratis, too.  But I'm afraid I don't know what to do with it?  I already have a small bottle of the tatcha luminos dewy skin mist in my drawer at work, which I never use.  When do you use these things?  I'm also a little concerned about it breaking down my mascara.  If it was a setting spray I wouldn't worry so much.  

I actually even bought a bottle of the goop sunscreen mist and I never use that, either.  

Eyeliner, mascara, contour, whatever, I get.  But when it comes to the skin care things I'm just a little bit clueless.

You might use it as an essence, just like @RGbrown mentioned. The mist is so fine, I donโ€™t think it will affect your mascara but if youโ€™re worried, you might want to cover your eyes . I love to use face mists during summer, theyโ€™re refreshing but I mostly use them before applying my serums and pat them into my skin. I hope that this helps you and congratulations for your gratis! ๐ŸŽ‰

I forgot to tag you @itscarin , sorry! 

@itscarin 

An alternative use: spray it into your hand and pat it on as you would an essence during your skincare routine. I don't have this one in particular, but it's what I do with all my mists. I never think to use them otherwise, as sprays have never been something I use regularly. 

@itscarin  Just thought Iโ€™d chime in as well. I donโ€™t usually use mists either, but I used the Glow Recipe mist today at the end of my makeup routine. It states that it should hydrate and give a glow to the face so I figured using it as the last step would make sense. I want to give the spray a few tests over different foundations before I evaluate the glow factor (today Iโ€™m wearing a dewy cushion compact so itโ€™s hard to tell). The mist is super fine so I havenโ€™t been concerned about it breaking down my mascara, but I usually cover my eyes when spraying just in case. Maybe that would work better for you? 

@keana1 would love to hear your thoughts as well!

Congrats @Guessgal, what a way to be greeted after vacation, lucky you๐Ÿคฉ Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, enjoy!

Ooh, jelly about the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL@Guessgal!  Congrats on your fun gratis.

Congrats @Guessgal !

Awwww Congrats, @Guessgal !  I LOVE the Glow Recipe mist and Olaplex 6 - Enjoy!!! โค๏ธ

Thank you @Tamara76 @roses8! Itโ€™s my first time trying any Olaplex product and I think I used a bit too much last night ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I currently sport thick hair (am in need of a haircut haha) so thatโ€™s why. It somehow absorbed very well into my hair tho! I woke up this morning and my hair felt soft without any of the tacky residue that most cream formulas leave.

Thank you Sephora ๐Ÿ’› and Glow Recipe, Velour, Olaplex, Lise Watier, Skinfix

congrats @Guessgal enjoy all these amazing products! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™

@Guessgal  Congratulations ๐Ÿ™‚

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • 6CB741AA-E027-49B3-9F48-1C1EB20FD8C1.jpeg
  • 3EE144B2-B41A-4A4A-A295-FF667A741020.jpeg
  • 6224E574-FCCC-4FE0-A439-242889B47964.jpeg
  • 9C36C6B7-9560-447F-98BB-9188633EF7F1.jpeg
  • E7753453-ABAE-4777-83E3-71CC73FE1C14.jpeg
  • IMG_7922.jpg
  • E9FA223F-7493-48E6-B38C-90F8BACE0A12.JPG
testing