Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Thank you Sephora and BIC!

I can't thank Sephora and BIC enough for this lovely gratis I was sent! Due to the fact I recently had surgery, my updates and reviews won't be super fast, so I thought I'd create my own thread to leave my reviews and comments at my own pace. Let me start off by saying I hate hate hate mint. Three of the items all prominently feature mint. Putting that aside, I will still be completely honest with my reviews.

Gratis.jpg

First up is the Farmacy Freshen Up All-Natural Deodorant 1.7 oz/ 50 g

Deo.jpg

I currently use schmidtt's natural deodorant, so I was happy to see a vegan and cruelty-free deodorant that is free of aluminum and baking soda. This is said to combat odor and have a cooling comfort. The cooling part comes from the peppermint oil, I'm willing to bet. For me this was not cooling but rather prickly, I did not like the feeling at all. Now...for the odor combating...that was also a heavy no. I have a pretty decently strong body odor I won't lie. It's not a delicate flower scent, but also not heavy enough to like get me kicked off an airplane. The deodorant I use now covers it just fine, as does most I try. Not this one. When I applied it, and it applied very easy, I could still smell my odor coming through. It is on the lightly scented side. I put this on at 9 am, after a nap I woke up at noon and it was completely gone. No trace or sign of the deodorant, after only a few hours!

Up next: fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g

Lip Balm.jpg

Another mint item yay! Haha. My previous experience with fresh lip balms was just those little trail size ones, you know the ones that melt away super fast and probably would have lasted me a week...had I not always managed to lose them. This is said to be a hydrating lip treatment that delivers an instant burst of minty freshness while nourishing oils moisturize and smooth the look of wrinkles. Sugar locks in the moisture for hours. Now with my surgery my mouth was actually swollen very big for about 4 days. I normally have dehydrated lips and I can't find anything that lasts even 20 minutes on my lips. With my lips being swollen, they were even worse! Super dry and cracked and peeling. I put this on, very easy to apply and didn't melt away like I expected. The mint isn't strong enough for me to smell while wearing, but I currently can't smell out of one side of my face. So anyways, I forgot about it. About two hours later I was rubbing my lips together...and it was still moisturized! I reapplied out of habit. I've been using this since I got it yesterday, and my lips haven't gone dry yet. I put it on when I went to bed and even 6 hours later it was still on my lips. I've never had a product like this before. I love it. There is a slight tingling, but nothing bad.

Next! VIKTOR&ROLF - Flowerbomb Midnight

Midnight.jpg

Sorry for no actual photo. This has notes of Blackcurrant, Night-Blooming Jasmine, Musk, Pomegranate, Peony and Vanilla. Creating a divine warm floral sensation. Now there are some on BIC who completely blow us away with their fragrance descriptions...I'm not one of them. I wish I was. When I sprayed this on my arm I could detect the Blackcurrant and Pomegranate very easily. When I think of a midnight scent, this definitely fit the description. It is a very nice warm floral with a hint of spice. The full strength lasted about 4 hours on me. And after that I could detect a faint note, but I'm not quite sure what that note is.

GLAMGLOW - SUPERTONER ™ Exfoliating Acid Solution Toner

Toner 1.jpgToner 2.jpg

I was most excited about this one! It is a 3-1 toner, exfoliator, and pore-refining product. You shake it to activate the clay, charcoal, and six acids. It looks pretty cool when you shake it. I have dehydrated combo skin, and toner is my favorite part of my skin care routine. My current hg is belif eucalyptus. Since I am still hurting on half of my face, I only used this on the other half. I shook it up, and it was kind of hard to get out of the bottle, but it was a cool looking gray on the pad. I was instantly hit with a super strong smell of a few different things, but the peppermint was very strong. I honestly didn't see any difference after using this. The smell was really bothersome to me, and that was with only half my nose working! With my other toners, I'm able to see on the pad where it picked up stuff my double cleanse missed, not able to with this one because of the gray coloring. After about six hours when I woke up I noticed a very very small change in my skin but it was very small. My pores were still dark, but they looked bigger (and they are already big enough) and slightly less dark. That was just one use though, hopefully it gets better after I use it more. Currently this is night time use.

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Face Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL

I have not used this one yet. I put some on my hand, it doesn't seem like a primer but, more like a highlighter for your whole face! My hand is super shiny right now. This primer contains real pigments from banana powder (not the fruit) that is good for brightening. As well as Vitamin C and E, along with citrus fruit extracts for a nice citrusy scent. Once better I will put this on my full face to try out, hopefully tomorrow. But really, my hand looks like I dipped it in glitter.

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

Last but certainly not least! I have not tried this one yet either. Hopefully tomorrow I can when I'm not so tired from all my pills. The colors look fantastic! And the packaging! The packaging is actually a nice cushion outside. I don't own any of the naked palettes except the Cherry, so I won't be able to compare it to any of those.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know! Hopefully I can update those last two tomorrow. Once again thank you so so much Sephora and BIC for this lovely gratis! Hopefully my reviews are helpful, even if to just one person!

Re: Thank you Sephora and BIC!

@MissPuff  Thank you! It's definitely a weird toner, and not being able to tell if my face is "clean" is kind of a bother. But we'll see how it pans out.

168 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • Gratis.jpg
  • Deo.jpg
  • Lip Balm.jpg
  • Midnight.jpg
  • Toner 2.jpg
  • Toner 1.jpg
  • ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Everything was so beautifully wrapped
  • Consonant DHE Mask, Farmacy Freshen Up Deodorant, Fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment, GlamGlow Supermud toner, Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Primer, Urban Decay Reloaded Palette
  • UD Reloaded After.jpg
  • Consonant DHE Mask
  • Ingredients list
  • UD Reloaded After.jpg
  • Ingredients list
  • OH Banana Bright Primer
testing