Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Thank you Bumble and Bumble, Verb, Playa, Laneige, Sephora Collection, Bite, Lilly Lashes, and Team BIC!

Hi Everyone!

My apologies for the late post! I did a post in IG, but I have been traveling and also have been having problems logging in to BIC. Not to mention, my time zone puts me on BIC late so it’s all SPAM, so I hadn’t had a chance for a detailed write-up until now.

Anyway, I was so honored to get this gratis box of great items for summer! There may be an existing thread for this box, but I searched and couldn’t find anything. I have tried a few of the items so far and will report back once I can test out the rest. I’ve been traveling almost non-stop for the last 3 weeks, with another 3 weeks to go, so I couldn’t bring everything with me to test out yet!

Bumble and Bumble Surf Styler Bumble and bumble Surf Styling Leave In 5 oz/ 150 mL - LOVE LOVE LOVE!  The previous item B&B Don’t Blow It was a staple and HG of mine, but then I got a Deva Cut that recommends you avoid sulfates, parabens and silicones, so I haven’t been using it. I had actually already bought the Surf Styler once I saw it was free of all those and I love it! Like the Don’t Blow It, it somehow, magically, evens out the waves in my hair and makes it air dry much better than on it’s own or with other products.  And, it has an SPF, which is protective if you color your hair.

Laneige Glowy Lip Balm Pear LANEIGE - Lip Glowy Balm - Pear this is the cutest packaging, I am pretty sure I willl end up purchasing all of them! However, I’m so glad to have the chance to try this in person, it is so smoothing and leaves a nice glossy finish.  The packaging feels really solid and high quality and has become a staple in my purse during my vacation and several trips since receiving the box.

Sephora Collection Rouge Lacquer - This is a really pretty MLBB shade. I will need to look up the name of the color I got, but it’s lovely. The formula is creamy and smooth. It’s not super long lasting but did give a couple hours at least, which is honestly pretty good on me - nothing lasts on me! (See picture below.)

Sephora Collection Instamask in Oatmeal - I actually bought a couple of other ones of these (maybe Peppermint gum and another one?) in Geneva, but I didn’t buy this one, and haven’t had a chance to try the others. It smells great, and felt really moisturizing.  A nice, quick, pick-me-up for skin that needs some nourishing. It does have small grains in it, but they are not abrasive, they are very smooth feeling, so may provide slight exfoliation, but extremely gentle, so should be fine for sensitive skin. (Picture below.)

Playa 3-in-1 Hair Mist PLAYA - New Day Mist 3-in-1 Styler Refresh I only had a brief chance to use this once as a refresh spray to spruce up my waves. I was very glad to see it is a Clean at Sephora product, for the same reasons listed above. I look forward to using it more but did find it to have a nice, light, pleasant scent.

Verb Ghost Hair Mask Verb Ghost Hair Mask™ 6.3 oz/ 180 g I just haven’t had a chance to use this yet. I do see that it has silicones, but I’ll still try it when I’m back from vacation and will report back then.

Sephora Collection Lilly Lashes - I have not had a chance to use these specifically, but I have tried other SC Lilly lashes and loved them.  These look like they will give a lot of oomph and glamour!

Bite Agave Nighttime Lip Therapy - BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy So excited about this one. I live in a dry climate and my lips are constantly chapped if I didn’t use lip balm every day and especially every night. I can’t stand lip balms that don’t stay on for any length of time.  This is why the regular Agave Lip Mask has been an HG staple for me for years. It’s thick and stays in place, including when I wake up in the morning, it’s still on, and that’s not the case with most lip products! Anyway, I had a chance to try this for only a quick daytime use, and then I proceeded to put lipstick on top of it, so not a great real test for me. However, it did feel super smooth and hydrating and I loved the feel of it. I’ll have to test it out when I get back home, especially at night, since I already love the Lip Mask. This one does feel just slightly less thick, a little more smooth and a little more “melty” than the lip mask if that makes sense. Oh, and I’m obsessed with the packaging, it has an internal cover that supports the little spatula. I love this because things always come with little spatulas, but nowhere to store them, so this is a great design and I love it!

A super huge thanks again to all the brands and BIC for the chance to test these out, can’t wait to dive into them more as soon as I get back home!

UPDATE: okay, BIC is eating the post, will have to try the photos in shifts!

Such a treat to see this lovely paper!Such a treat to see this lovely paper!All the beauties.All the beauties.Sephora Collection Lip Lacquer.Sephora Collection Lip Lacquer.

@TeamBIC 

@bitebeauty  @Laneigeskin 

Thank you Bumble and Bumble, Verb, Playa, Laneige, Sephora Collection, Bite, Lilly Lashes, and Team BIC!

enjoy! congrats @sister13

RE: Thank you Bumble and Bumble, Verb, Playa, Laneige, Sephora Collection, Bite, Lilly Lashes, and Team BIC!

Congrats @sister13!!!

Re: Thank you Bumble and Bumble, Verb, Playa, Laneige, Sephora Collection, Bite, Lilly Lashes, and Team BIC!

Congrats @sister13 and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Re: Thank you Bumble and Bumble, Verb, Playa, Laneige, Sephora Collection, Bite, Lilly Lashes, and Team BIC!

@sister13 Many congrats!

Congratulations on receiving this awesome gratis @sister13. I do have a question about the Bumble and bumble Surf Styling Leave In 5 oz/ 150 mL

Do you use it along with the Don’t Blow It? I only used the Don’t Blow It once but I was pleasantly surprised by the results. 

Hi @Loretta55  - I actually used it instead of the Don’t Blow It and I thought it really helped to separate and define, fight frizz and give a more even wave to my hair than air-drying. I highly recommend it! 💜💜💜

@sister13 

So you like this even more than Don't Blow It? Whoa. DBI is my HG, and agree that it is some seriously magical stuff...zero weight with serious frizz control and my waves just look...je ne sais quoi...somehow fabulous. I might have to investigate this new surf creme!

RE: Thank you Bumble and Bumble, Verb, Playa, Laneige, Sephora Collection, Bite, Lilly Lashes, and Team BIC!

Congratulations on a great gratis!! Love your review

Congratulations on this fabulous gratis @sister13! 🙂 Thank you for your initial thoughts on the new BITE lip therapy! I've wondered about how it compares with the regular lip mask. Love that Sephora lip lacquer on you - so pretty! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@sister13 Congratulations on your gratis and thank you for your reviews. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ! 💕💕💕

@sister13  Congratulations!! I’m a big fan of Verb Ghost Oil so I’m very curious to see what you think of the mask. This is the first I hear of it!

Thanks @PinkEvergreen , I’ll definitely share once I have a chance to try it out. I need to be better about doing hair masks/deep conditioning! 💗💗

@sister13 ,

Congratulations on receiving this Gratis!  I enjoyed reading your early reviews.

Thanks @tsavorite! 💜💜

Congratulations @sister13

Thanks @faeriegirl!💗💗

Ugh, of course, now I see in “related posts” all the other posts, lol. 

Box of joy!Box of joy!Sephora Collection Instamask Oatmeal.Sephora Collection Instamask Oatmeal.Great design - storage for tiny spatula!Great design - storage for tiny spatula!21F23E12-7B2E-4712-A52D-6320B1686D01.jpeg

@sister13 What a wonderful, detailed post! You sold me on that Instamask. 

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 96 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos7
  • Such a treat to see this lovely paper!
  • All the beauties.
  • Sephora Collection Lip Lacquer.
  • Box of joy!
  • Sephora Collection Instamask Oatmeal.
  • Great design - storage for tiny spatula!
  • 21F23E12-7B2E-4712-A52D-6320B1686D01.jpeg
testing