Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Tarte Be MATTEnificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette

We swatched Tarte's Be Mattenificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

Do you have a swatch of this palette? Post a link in the thread below!

tarte.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/19QKYVD

Re: Tarte Be MATTEnificent Amazonian Colored Clay Matte Eye & Cheek Palette

beMatte.jpgbeMatte2.jpg

Top photo flash -  Bottom natural light 

I'm clearly darker than the model above I wear a 11.0 in Naked foundation ,  Dark in Smashbox CC and BB Cream.  The colors are NOT awful on darker skin as its very pigmented on me - so imagine when you wear an eyeshadow primer - base formula underneath. The shadows are velvety smooth and I am pleasantly satisfied.  WHAT I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH is THE BLUSH - theres no WAY I can wear this blush AT ALL... Thats where MOST cheek / eyeshadow palettes FAIL - ALL ACROSS THE BOARD . They also choose these light blushes that would only work with fair skin.  I'm not surprised nor disappointed cause at this point in the game I've come to accept that it is what it is..  At least there is 8 great colors to choose from.  The Brown and Black liners can easily be used in the crease as well to create a dramatic look or even a black lid that fadesout to the brown for a EXTREME smokey. thats the key to using palettes, you become your own Picasso and your face is the canvas and there is no "rules" continue to play around.  So all other Dark Skinned girls - YES Tarte Cosmetics provides products we CAN use...  

Anonymous Insider

Must not be selling well if they have to place an ad for it here 😞

LOL. Planty......is this going to turn into another "look for the delete button" situation? =P

They always post swatches of new products here, because we are all too curious about them. Just check the swatch board, you'll see 😉

Wow! I was thinking of getting this, but worried that on my super fair skin, it just wouldn't show up. Now this is going on my must-haves list! Thank you for the swatches!

I kind of want this, but Tarte don't show up well on my skin, oh decisions decisions.....

I posted this on my other thread, but I got to play with it a little today for the first time (I was in a rush hence, ugly eyebrows)

1901614_10201511303689293_283799832_n.jpg

just bought it today!  Kept trying to talk myself out of it - but it just fell into my basket today.  Whoops!  Look at that ..  LOVE!

Spoiler
look good i'll buy it 
Spoiler

OMG, I love this palette! It is absolutely gorgeous! THIS is the basic neutral palette for fair skin with pink undertones!!! I think it was made for me 🙂 I was never drawn to Naked Basics, those colors look kinda blah to me... but this, THIS!!! I'm in love! Love all the colors, love how smooth and buttery eyeshadows are, pigmentation is great, blush is super cute color... I already see this is gonna be one of my faves. I'm considering getting a backup, as well. That's how much I love this!

Anonymous Insider

Picked this up today after ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the case! The blush is magnificent, exactly the colour I was hoping it would be, and the shadows are creamy and well-pigmented. They blend out to sheer fairly quickly but layer well so it's not too big a deal. I threw together a really basic nude eye and a peachy-purple smokey eye both of which worked really well. I also discovered that it pairs perfectly with Naked 2 if you want to add some shimmer on top! I paired YDK over the smokey side and a touch of Bootycall over the nude eye. Definitely great value and the perfect basic palette for me 🙂

Just got this the other day and I really love it as a basics palette. The shadows are so smooth and the blush is very pretty! I was never drawn to Naked Basics, but picked this up as soon as I heard about it.

Anonymous Insider

For those who are still waiting for this to hit stores, my local Sephora (Kitchener, Ontario) is showing stock on the online checker! Heading there today to check it out 😄

Received the palette a couple days ago and tested it out today.  The blush and the lighter shadows were great with the exception of the darkest eyeshadow.  I had quite a bit of trouble blending it.  Still I don't have many matte shadows so think this is a keeper to round out my collection. If my opinion changes after using it more, I will re-post.

i like this palette although im nc 42-44 skin tone..i have deep set eyes and dark circles ...the 4 light shadows will look the same on me or kinda muddy when i swatched..on my hand.. i think this is just good highlight palette for warm skin tones...but u do have the plum and black /brown shades..to smoke out...nice mattes overall...i still might grab it ..im a junkie!

Anonymous Insider

tarte.jpg

I received mine in the mail today.  I was pretty happy with the swatches.  I am pretty fair--3y02 on sephora color iq.  

I found the eyeshadows to be very silky.  I liked the swatches and the feel. I did a quick application using the included brush and I find I can create a very nice "no makeup, makeup look."  But similarly to the Naked3, because the shades are all very similar in range, it does not create a super defined eye look easily.  I like the soft romantic look that I can create for days when I don't want too much, but I don't think this is a must have palette, sadly.  

Ooooh, this looks so pretty! And ALL MATTE! Great, another eye shadow palette. Like I need another one. I need help! 🙂 Someone, please, talk me out of getting this!!!! 😄

Pretty much all the lighter shades look awful on the darker skin tone. I wish makeup companies would come out with nudes/naturals that actually work for us dark skinned girls. 😕

They would have to acknowledge us a bit more for that first. 😕

Ahhh I'm so glad I checked here for swatches first....

Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • tarte.jpg
  • tarte.jpg
  • 1901614_10201511303689293_283799832_n.jpg
  • beMatte.jpg
  • beMatte2.jpg
testing