Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Tagging products when uploading in community tab

Is anyone else having trouble tagging products when uploading to the community tab? When I start to type in a product, it says "no results found." The "tag a product" feature seems to work in this space, but not in the community upload space. Any suggestions? xx

Re: Tagging products when uploading in community tab

@virgo55Unidentified

Let's take a step back. You say you can tag products "in this space", but not in the "community upload space".

Can you define "this space" vs "community upload space"? 

In the Conversation area, which we are in now, there is an option above the dialog box (top right) that says "tag a product," when I click that, it works to find any products I need. When I press the "plus sign" top right of the screen to add a picture or video to the gallery and try to press the same "tag a product" button, no matter what I type in it always says "no products found." Does that make sense? It's hard to explain. 

@virgo55Unidentified

Aha...so Gallery is where you are having trouble. I did one quick test and had issues as well, and while I'm not super familiar with uploading to the gallery, typing "Becca" should have brought up tons of results but got me nothing.

I'd suggest posting in the Customer Support group so a mod can see and either offer pointers or pass the message on to tech. Sometimes mods poke around the boards and pop into other threads, but CS guarantees they'll see it. 

Be sure to mention which device/platform you're using in your post. For me for example, I'm on Android/Chrome/mobile site, and it doesn't seem to be working...there are plenty of gallery pics with tags, so surely it's working for some folks, but platform may be a factor. And be sure to tell them it's working for you in Conversations, but not working in the Gallery.

Good luck!

Thank you guys for the responses! Still no luck with those suggestions 😞

@virgo55 When I use this feature, I need to be bang on with the product name. I can’t search anything with general terms or it gives me the “Sorry, that product is not available. Please try another.” error.

For example, “Alterna Caviar” gives me that error. Using “Alterna Haircare Caviar” starts giving the options I’m looking for. 

Another example is with Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb. I tried just entering “Fenty Gloss Bomb” and got an error. Once I put in the “Beauty” I got the result I wanted. 

As well, some products are listed a certain way on the product pages but are apparently indexed a different way because I’ve had to switch words around to get the hashtag index to find the product. 

Hope this helps? 😅

@virgo55 Oh and one last thing: every now and then my user account seems unable to connect to Sephora’s databases. In those cases, I shut my web browser down, clear all my cookies and temporary files, and then log back in. It seems to fix the issue every time. (I had it happen just last night while trying to post a review. As soon as I reset everything with my browser and logged back in, I was able to post my review right away.) 

@virgo55

I'm not able to just select the "#" sign and tag an item. I have to hit the actual button that says "Tag a product" that makes the hashtag appear and do it that way. For example, if you were to search for Nars Orgasm Blush, you could enter "Blush" and it brings up the most popular blushes, "Nars" and it brings up the most popular Nars products, or NARS - Orgasm Blush 

(Orgasm) and everything with the word orgasm in it pops up. 

@virgo55 @virgo55 I'm starting to get the hang of tagging products, but I've noticed that not every item seems to come up; or, an item will come up but not every color. 

This is just wishful thinking, but I wonder if it'd be possible to have a pic come up at the end of the post when an item is tagged.  Also, I wonder if there's a way to tag multiple shades with only one tag; it's a drag to create a new tag for essentially the same product.

@greeneyedgirl107 That’s odd... I do see pictures of all tagged products at the end of a post. It looks like this for me: 

7B265CB4-9AE2-4398-B801-C35F8C157B37.png

You're right @PinkEvergreen! I guess I wasn't looking closely enough.  THANKS!  

Related image

@greeneyedgirl107 wrote:

@virgo55 @virgo55 I'm starting to get the hang of tagging products, but I've noticed that not every item seems to come up; or, an item will come up but not every color. 

This is just wishful thinking, but I wonder if it'd be possible to have a pic come up at the end of the post when an item is tagged.  Also, I wonder if there's a way to tag multiple shades with only one tag; it's a drag to create a new tag for essentially the same product.

Hi @virgo55,

I'm sorry to hear this! Have you tried entering the hashtag sign or pound sign (#)? Whenever I enter it, I'm able to find products! I hope this helps. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

@RaquelBT
13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 7B265CB4-9AE2-4398-B801-C35F8C157B37.png