Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Unsolicited swatches of the new Stila Shimmer liquid lipsticks:

Left to right, top the bottom row. My non-flash photos do no show the colour difference well. 

Miele, Lume, Patina, Beso

Nudo, Illuminaire. C1D051DE-425F-4A13-8C0A-2D588F0ED660.jpeg

I like the formula - very liquid and smooth. But the Shimmer is soooo subtle on the 3 nude/tan shades Miele, Nudo and Illuminaire. I think my favourites are Lume and Beso but I doubt I will get either because they are not spectacular metallics. 

does anyone have anastasia eyeshadow brick vs realgar and rose vs glisten? Thanks in advance!

@annypoo Brick is on top, Realgar on the bottom. 

IMG_0423.JPG

Thank you!!!

Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipsticks Swatches: Top to bottom: My Icon Is, Secretly, At Night, When I’m AloneTop to bottom: My Icon Is, Secretly, At Night, When I’m Alone

Unsolicited Tom Ford Swatches, but I’m reorganizing my lipstick collection so here goes!

Mattes: Top to bottom: L&B Dominic, Dylan, Nicholas, Ben; Regular line Ruby Rush, Velvet Cherry, Black DahliaMattes: Top to bottom: L&B Dominic, Dylan, Nicholas, Ben; Regular line Ruby Rush, Velvet Cherry, Black Dahlia

Top to Bottom: L&B Alejandro, Luciano, Leonardo, Wes, Tony, Ryan, Iñigo, Wareen, Alain; Regular line Cherry Lush, Crimson Noir, Scarlet Rouge, Rouge Fatal, Smoke Red Something Wild, Original SinTop to Bottom: L&B Alejandro, Luciano, Leonardo, Wes, Tony, Ryan, Iñigo, Wareen, Alain; Regular line Cherry Lush, Crimson Noir, Scarlet Rouge, Rouge Fatal, Smoke Red Something Wild, Original Sin

Shade and Illuminate Lips: NikitaShade and Illuminate Lips: Nikita

So beautiful @LCResz!💞 Thanks so much for sharing!

RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I️ really like these colors that you have tested! I️t looks like I have the around the same color skin as you, so I️ just wanted to reach out to you and say thank you for doing the swatches because many times a color looks good online but then I️ buy it and it either turns out to light or too dark! This really helped me! Maybe I️ will be able to buy this this year!❤️

IMG_3119.jpgPosting swatch comparisons of the two L'Oréal x Balmain (LxB) lipsticks that I have:

L-R: NARS Audacious Linda, LxB Fever, Linda (again, because I'm an idiot), LxB Domination, NARS Cruella lip pencil and NARS Audacious Jane on the bottom

Fever is nothing like what I have in my collection, I thought it would be close to Linda or Jane but Linda is much more brown and Jane is more pinky. I think Jane may be a close match for LxB Confession as well. @Mochapj I always think of you when I see orange lipsticks, I wonder if you'd like this one?

Domination is more blue toned than Cruella and brighter. It still is a fairly neutral red, IMO.

Oh thanks @k617 ! That is a very interesting shade.

i’m also curious about the texture as I’d read the Balmain collab lipsticks were very dry.

I also have a lip swatch:

Now that you and @ClassicallyFab have mentioned it, I would say they're definitely NOT moisturizing lipsticks but I wouldn't necessarily call them dry either. They are very smooth during application (these 2 colours anyway, some of the darker colours look really patchy) and do eventually dry down to a matte finish while not being transfer proof. I think the dryness is no more than some of the better, less drying liquid lipsticks out there.

Looks really pretty on @k617 - kinda like a matte version of UD epigram 

Yes, @Mochapj! I'll have to swatch next to Epigram tonight. I think Epigram is likely a tiny bit more brown and muted.

When I first put this one I thought it would end up a bright orange, but luckily, as the lipstick set it looks more like a reddish orange.

I'm sitting at my desk laughing aloud at "because I'm an idiot...". <3 Thanks for these swatches. How do you like the LxB lipsticks? I heard they were dry, so I haven't purchased them...

Haha @ClassicallyFab! There was more to it, too. Linda was the first I swatched , then I placed all the other colours and...finally thought I reached for Jane but I actually picked up Linda again instead. I even went "oh wow, Jane looks SO similar to Linda! I thought it was more coral!"

Hahahaha! It’s so much like things I do. Too cute! So funny. Wish I was there. We’d be laugh-crying.

Can someone post a swatch of Diorific Rouge Khol 751 Intense Garnet please? Thank!

Intense Garnet on top, Deep Ruby on bottomIntense Garnet on top, Deep Ruby on bottom

Here you go @fatimamummy. Garnet is quite bright on my coloring, very pretty cherry. I love them both.  

Thank you @Sunnysmom These are very pretty colours indeed.

RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

The new Charlotte tilbury five minute face swatches. I posted comparisons in the Charlotte tilbury thread if anyone is interested

2,082 Replies